Do girls really like brand named clothes on a guy?

In all seriousness, do girls really like guys that wear cloths from stores like Abercrombie, Hollister, and Spread Eagle.

I have never worn any of these clothing brands, in due part to the cost. 60 dollars for a t-shirt is outrageous! But also, I'm not one to conform to what is "in" or what is "fad". But I also don't dress outrageously to "fight the man" or anything. And honestly these brands are a fad.

So do you girls really like these brands? Does the clothing a guy wears even matter that much(clean clothing of course, not tight as hell, or extremely baggy or hanging down. Just cloths!).

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really care what a guy wears so long as his clothes are clean and still dresses nicely. Brand name clothing is nothing but a very overpriced label, if you ask me. I don't really find brand names to be something I like or dislike. I personally love how my guy dresses. He just wears band T-shirts or shirts with interesting sayings on them, jeans, and tennis shoes. I think it looks good on him, and I think that's all that is important.

What Girls Said 11

• I hate the brands you mentioned because they make you look like a walking billboard and so many people wear them. I hate expensive brand names no matter what, no matter who's wearing them.

Expensive designer jeans seem to be rather popular among all the guys I see. It was a unique thing at first and actualy a symbol of your wealth... but when everybody has the same back pocket stitching, it becomes a turn-off.

The only good thing about designer/expensive brand name clothes is that they're high quality. So as long as your clothes don't lose their colour, don't fall apart, don't make you look shapeless, and are clean, I couldn't care less whether or not they're brand named.

• I'm actually totally against brand names... I agree with you, $60 for a t-shirt that has one word on it is outrageous, and 100 dollars for like jeans? give me a break, I can get some that are 15. lol anyways,

As long as the clothes fit well, I don't care.

• I'm not a big fan of brand names because people end up looking like walking billboards, but if that's what a guy wants to wear, I don't care. I wouldn't ask him to start wearing brand names, or to stop wearing them. Whatever he prefers.

• Me personally, no.

• I like name brands but not Abercrombie or Hollister. I'm more into guys that wear Polo and Coogi. It does kinda matter but it's not a dealbreaker.

• Not really it makes them seems like they are focused on their cloths... which believe it or not makes them seem gay to me... just my opinion

• I think that a guy looks best when he isn't wearing name brands because it makes them look gay for one, and secondly it makes to much of a statement, where being a guy should mean dressing down and just being yourself, instead of a namebrand freak!

• i don't think many girls would care about brand labels tbh. I think its a waste of money :P

• I would actually prefer a guy to wear clothing that isn't brand name. It shows he has his own style and does whatever floats his boat instead of going out of his way to "fit in with the crowd".

• I love when my guy wears brand clothes. Most of the time I go out of my way to make sure he gets soem because I think it looks sexy on him. he was originally a normal dressing guy, but I like more!

• Isn't that over the top? I mean a guy should have the freedom to choose his own clothing to wear, not have his girlfriend pick them out like his mom in 2nd grade.

• I HATE the brands you mentioned. I don't like the preppy look at all, and if I see a guy wearing a Hollister shirt, I'm pretty quickly turned off. Clothes from A&F, Hollister, and so on are either ugly or very similar to clothes at Sears or Old Navy, but at a wicked expensive price. Why anyone would wear them, I don't know. But it is what a lot of people are into right now so my opinion probably isn't in the majority.

Unless a guy has a very particular look (preppy or goth, for instance) I don't remember his clothes much. A non-brand name tee shirt and jeans is fine. And it's awesome that you don't conform to fads -- I, and I'm sure lots of other cool girls, totally dig that.

What Guys Said 0