Arched or straight eyebrows? What looks better in your opinion?

Arched eyebrows
www.neonpunch.com/.../janiceman1.jpg

Straight eyebrows
www3.pictures.zimbio.com/.../...n+JaXDpGsD6Mkl.jpg

In case you cannot see it, both pics show the same person.

• Arched eyebrows
  • Straight eyebrows

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm, that really comes down to preference.

Arched eyebrows come off as "hotter" and more sexual to me, and straight eyebrows come off as more natural and less overtly sexual.

So I think what a guy might like better would be highly dependent upon his taste in women.

• hmm.. my eyebrows are naturally arched, but I'm thinking about making them straighter. I don't think they look hotter, in my opinion she looks rather angry in other pics because of the arch.. (and so do I)

• Haha, she does look a touch angrier... or is that a passionate fire trying to set ablaze all men who look her way ;)

Give straight eyebrows a spin and see if you like it, anyone else's opinion be damned. You can always let it grow back to what's natural for you. Heck, I shaved my arms once just to see if I'd like it better without the hair (not doing that again, lol).

• yeah... the thing is eyebrow hair don't grow as fast as arm hair and you have to grow it out first.. otherwise you'll just have an extremely thin straight eyebrow xD

Most Helpful Girl

• I like straight one. To be honest whichever is less touched and natural on you, is the best for you. If you have naturally arched one, great. If you have naturally straight one, that is great too. More natural, more better.

• mine are naturally arched, but I think I look angrier because of the arch.. so I was thinking of growing/plucking them straighter, but I'm scared I might look funny since I'm so used to the arched eyebrows.

• I don't smile.. I don't want wrinkle :P jk

• Thanks for Mh!

What Guys Said 6

• Arched looks better for this girl, but for most girls, the arch is overemphasized, and therefore it looks silly. If there is a proper arch, it is this one.

• You ask a lot of beauty questions (ー_ー)

As far as what looks better, i think it depends on the person and what their facial features look like.

Personally I like the first girl better :/

• I like arched on girls. More stylish that way.

• They both look fine, but I couldn't imagine the second girls eyebrow on the first girl.

• did you read the fine print? She IS the same girl lol

• yeah... I was very surprised too. Had to google to see the slow transformation of her eyebrows over the years from extremely arched to extremely straight. She's about 5 years older in the second pic xD

no need for plastic surgery when eyebrows do the job too xD

• The first pic definitely looks better. ;P

• I prefer arched eyebrows. But it doesn't mean that my sausage would be flaccid if I saw a woman with straight eyebrows :P

• I have arched eyebrows so I voted A

What Girls Said 16

• I think it depends on the person. Some people can pull off both like she can. I think in the first picture she looks hotter but in the second one she looks cute. I noticed for myself I look better with a slight arch. I am not that pretty, so I do what I can to make myself look better. I've noticed that eyebrows definitely can make a difference for a person. I've noticed a difference with looking at pictures of myself. For some reason with straighter and thicker brows my face looks chubbier. With thinner and arched it looks thinner. It's weird how they can really make a difference.

• For the girl in the pic, I'd say straight. The arched ones make her look kind of mean.

Some people look good with arched and some with straight, but generally I think slightly arched would be the safest choice.

• Yeah, that's what I think too.. I wonder if there are girls who don't look mean with arched eyebrows.. I think they always look (a bit) mean to me.

• Yeah, straighter eyebrows make you look nicer.

I used to follow my natural arch because people always say to remove hairs only on the bottom part of your brows, but then I thought I looked kind of mean with them when I saw old pictures of me, so I tried to take some parts off the top and remove the 'pointy' part.

• If it's a natural or properly done arch, like so:
    beautyhealthtips.in/.../eyebrow.jpg
    Then it can be really beautiful

Where as if it's an exaggerated arch, like this one:
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...99dc8f51fb.jpg
    Then it's just ridiculous and doesn't do too much for the girls features.

• I think it depends on the persons face because I've seen girls who are prettier with one verses the other just because one is more flattering towards their face shape. As for me I've done both and arched brows makes me look more "sexy" in a way but I look meaner on the other hand I look nicer and happier with straight brows

• would you say one's natural eyebrow shape is always most flattering for one' face shape?

• Lol actually no my family owns a couple of beauty salons and let me tell you girl sometimes natural isn't always the best lolol

• Slightly arched looks good

• natural always looks best. the arched eyebrows make people seem as if they're giving you a quizical look. like they're forever confused.

• i definitely like the look of arched eyebrows better

• I like arched eyebrows, and more suitable for me

• Straight, but it depends from your face. I have an oblong face so they suit me! But on a round face they'll look terrible

• both look fine. a slight arch is all you need anyways in my opinion.

• It is all down to the shape of the face

• Arched of course it looks more defined in my opinion.

• Depends on the face shape of each person. For that particular girl I'd say arched.

• I feel arched you look more mature, or sexy
    and straight you get more cute :D

• I think Arched is better

• Arched, a little defined, dark, not too thick or thin = works for me