Yay or Nay to belly button piercing on a shy girl at 21 years old?

For all you TLDR's skip to the bottom.

I am 20 years old, no tattoos (never will), and only standard ears pierced.
i'm on a mission to get back in shape, I imagine it will be at least a year before I will look how I want, so I guess I would be fit at 21. (hopefully)

If you were to meet me on the street, I would be a little awkward, with wild curly hair and tall (5'7'') with a passion for nature, art, loves native American things and survival style living. and being silly. just laid back, no drama.

I'm pretty sure nobody thinks I'm slutty or a whore or whatever. I've only had 3 boyfriends in my life, and only ever been intimate with my current one right now.

After fantasizing about what a nice belly I could have, I wondered if I would look good if I pierced my navel.

Most of the time I think I would just wear the little ball ones with clear color or light purple. I wouldn't be showing my belly unless I was going swimming. I wouldn't want to show off, it's just a reward to myself for getting the belly I wanted.
and I wouldn't be wearing those slutty dangly ones.
it would be like these (and probably only these)
www.bodycandy.com/.../category.cgi

www.bodycandy.com/.../category.cgi

www.bodycandy.com/.../category.cgi

www.bodycandy.com/.../category.cgi

That was all just so you understand where I'm coming from.

SO...

To guys and girls: Do you think a belly button piercing will look stupid on someone like me? is 21 way too old to get one? why? If I took it out and left a scar, would you find that gross?
I just want to know what the world thinks of these kinds of piercings so I can stop thinking about it. Any thoughts are appreciated.

If you think natural, un-tattooed, un-pierced girls are far more attractive, then tell me why! I want to know!

• Yes, you should get one (tell me why!)
  • No, you shouldn't (tell me why!)
  • Eh, It's not good or bad, it's just... there.
  • I have a better/ different idea (see comments)

Most Helpful Guy

• If you want it. get it. I don't think it's the major decision you are making out- you're 20, so you're not a little kid, you can make up your own mind.

The worst thing would be, you make your mind up based around what other people tell you. If you want it, you want it, if you don't you don't. You're old enough to make up your own mind now.

• Very true, I keep thinking this way, especially when people say it is slutty looking, they don't know me, so if they think I'm a slut just by a piece of metal I put in myself, then they are not worth knowing.

What Guys Said 7

• No u dont have to lift weight. Dont go by medias standard. Iive how u wanna live life. Stay at a normal weight and u should be good to go baby 💌

• Those look weird in my opinion. I don't think getting one would help. Plus, others would rarely see it. So is it worth the pain and all that? I don't really think so. But it's your body.

• Nay... if your shy you think that is going to fix the problem knowing no one will ever see it unless your at the Beach

• To me it would be the equivalent of a secret talent that you never knew a friend had, and are either pleasantly surprised or grossed out, depending on who you are. I'm not shy to get a needle stabbed through my belly, or to wear it on the beach, but I would never get this piercing for everyone else, it is for me only. that is, IF I can get the belly it requires :T

• Well you have a few months left you can get that belly to where you want it to be.

• I do not think anyone could be too old. If you want one then get one. I personally like them on women

• No my friend had one and I heard it hurts like hell n u will have a hard time doing exercise right after and leaves a scar. you don't need a piercing to change.

• Piercings are a huge turn off for me personally. I wouldn't get one.

• Piercings turn me off it's kind of like having a removable mole that needs to be dealt with.

What Girls Said 4

• I find well done tattoos and piercings (not all) to be very attractive. I have 3 tattoos, and 3 piercings, including my belly button, I plan on getting more of both. You're not too old. My mother just turned 40 and she still wears her belly rings, why not? It's a fun and cute little accessory. And if you don't like it, most don't leave a very noticeable scar.

Keep in mind they take 6 to 12 months to fully heal.

Get one. Mine has made me love my belly more.

• I bet all your tattoos and piercings look wonderful on you especially the navel ring. I think it is cool your mom still wears one because women in their forties think they are too old for it.

• Yea, just do it. If you decide you dont like it you can always take it out and let it heal.

• I think it's skanky. It always was and it'll always be.

But do what you want to do.

What does it matter if you're shy or not when it comes to piercings?

• Do you think it is the person who wears one who makes them skanky, or it is actually the jewelry? I say I'm shy because I never show off my belly, I come from a conservative household and don't see the need to show so much skin if it isn't necessary. And also shy as in I don't consider myself extremely outgoing or have crowds of friends. I just stay in my corner of the world and be me.

• Very true, I have a feeling if I get one I would keep it for a few years and then by 30 get rid of it.

• Yeah... and will it really pay off? Maybe get a diamante sticker - it's a bit cuter and certainly classier, and you can always take it off. ;)

• do it! i think it's so cute