Whats your opinion on SCARIFICATION?

Please look up a picture if you dont already know what it is. This is really important to me and no body i ask seems to think its a good idea. They all say its stupid. And its okay if you think that too because im going through with it either way when i turn 18. Thoughts? (Its like a tattoo except its carved into your skin with special tools. )

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• When you turn eighteen you are not going to want it any more.

You are hurting right now, and you want to show this sick world how much you hate it.

But those things often time cannot be undone. I have scarring on my shoulders from self injury I did almost twenty years ago, and to this day I cannot take my shirt off without people noticing it.

That means no swimming in swimming pools or going shirtless, unless I want people to try and read the words scarred on my shoulders and arms.

God loves you. He is desperate to hear your prayer. He wants you to believe in Jesus, who can heal your injured heart.

You are beautiful. Your heart is so precious. You have so much value... You do not even see how important you are. I wish I could hold you and tell you that.

• Just because a person wants a mark on their skin does not mean they are hurting inside. Many people view this as a form of self expression. If you had a negative experience with it I am sorry but in no way does that make it okay for you to assume that others will have the same experience.

• "I decided I want to scar my skin for life!"

Said by mentally healthy people, never.

• never heard about it... tbh when i read your question thought it had to do with scars basically LOL

• It depends on what the thing is.

• Bit extreme for me - Tattoos would be my limit I'd say.

• I have dermatographic urticaria (a skin condition that lets me make scarification-esque drawings on my skin, only they're temporary) and I think the writing on my skin looks weird. Can't imagine having permanent ones.

• Sounds pretty... Scar-y.

What Girls Said 4

• I was really into the idea of scarification at one point because it's like a tattoo without the chemicals. Super cool, right? Then I started reading up on it and I found out how people can get horrible keloids, Then there's all that raw open skin and the things people do to keep the skin raw for as long as possible... It's so much more intense than a tattoo in a lot of ways.

So, I think that if you're absolutely bound and determined to get a piece done you should read up on it a LOT. Reddit seems like a good place to start just because there are so many personal stories and you can get a better feel for the entire process. Absolutely *promise* yourself you will get it done legally by a professional in a sanitary environment with good reviews and recommendations.

• It's when they carve a design into you and let it heal as a scar.

http://i.imgur.com/JjrBA.jpg

• I like to think of cuts as art in a way. So judging by how the term sounds, it sounds alright.

• I think when it is done right it can be absolutely beautiful. Just make sure the place you are going to get it done has experience and is clean.