Jeans vs leggings, which one makes you look thinner?

I feel like I look fatter in jeans vs black leggings.. Why is that?

Most Helpful Guy

• well leggings are by their very nature, more skin tight and as such they reduce your profile making look skinnier.

However, there is a point in weight where leggings have the opposite affect to baggier options wherein they show your true weight and can make people look fatter than they otherwise would.

What Guys Said 6

• IF you wear leggings when you look like you eat at mcdonalds frequently then there is a problem

• i prefer jeans basically... and yeah they'll make u look thinenr

• I would say black leggings.

• If you mean "normal" jeans but not the super tight jeans, I basically agree with what @BarbaraP said.

• It's not so much what you wear, it's how you wear it

• Depends how fat your ass is

What Girls Said 18

• Its different for everyone and depends on type of jeans/leggings. Also, colour matters. Black is very slimming, light colours are not and may reveal bulkier areas more than black. Leggings are also made of thinner fabric than denim jeans so obviously that would also slim you down.

• Nope. If your shapes are average, leggings will show off your curves and jeans will usually hide it a little. If you're a little overweight, jeans will make you look thinner. If you're very very skinny, leggins will show it more, while jeans make you look fuller. The fact is that you can't hide anything or create illusions when wearing leggings, they will show just what you are.

• I think dark wash indigo straight leg/skinny jeans or black straight leg/skinny jeans tend to make you look thinnest (especially if your bigger/curvier)

• Black jeans make you look thinner than black leggings. Leggings reveal every blob of fat you have on your legs and butt, whereas jeans smooth it out a bit.

• I like leggings more.

• Leggings if they are black, strangely, a thicker pair of leggings gives it a deep black look and can hide certain curves

• I look thinner in leggings because they are skin tight and suck everything in.

• leggings show EVERYTHING. Your assets, your cellulites, your wobbling of... things. Jeans are more flattering.

• Any garment which is darker and has fewer details will create a slimming look. I'm busty so I wear black shirts to minimize this.

• Hm... tough question. I'm going to have to say leggings though. You can pull them up to hide your belly. If you wear the right underpants, they can shape you butt and hide fat. :)

• Black is slimming, but I acually feel like jeans are more flattering

• Black is slimming apparently

• Thy both make me look the same.

• It's about the fit, really. I find that leggings look better on me because the waist usually falls at a flattering place and they cling to all my curves.

• Leggings are because it defines.

• i have the same problem! why? i dont know lol i guess they just squeeze you in. lol

• I like to wear skinny jeans cause I feel like skinny jeans make me thinner

• I think jeans because when I wear legging looks like free willy popped out of the ocean.