Why are blue eyes considered more attractive?

Green and brown eyes are so under-rated :(

Most Helpful Girl

• My eyes are green and I get complimented on them all the time. I do know what you mean though, because everyone seems to be in love with a pair of baby blues. I love green eyes because they're the most uncommon, and it's rare to see TRULY green eyes that aren't blue-green or hazel-ish. I'm biased though, obviously. =P My grandma and I are the only two in my family with green eyes. In the end, pretty eyes are pretty eyes, no matter what color they are. The last guy I had a thing for had the prettiest brown eyes, whereas a few days ago I made eye contact with some guy who had almost the exact same shade of bright blue eyes that my dad and brother have, and it blew my mind. I love seeing that color on other people, because it feels like home to me; warm.

• Yeah green eyes are awesome! But what I was saying is that they don't get as much attention as blue. It seems like both men and women are always after blue eyes, and overlook brown.

Ok so i have blue eyes and if I offend people with other color eyes then sorry. I think it's because blue are the most rare eye color because there is only 2% world wide who have blue eyes and im taking my blue and trust me my eyes are blue and apparently people with blue eyes are not open about our thoughts and we show weakness and people with brown eyes act strong and hate telling people why they are upset or angry... and blue eyes are probably not going to be here in this world in a couple hundred years so yeah they are rare and black and green are not rare

Oh yeah and im not 33 it is a fake age

What Girls Said 12

• No eyes is unattractive, blue, green, brown, dark-brown( my eyes) and to me all is beautiful. When you fall in love, does color of eyes affect what you feel? it is from deep down from our heart shine through our eyes. What makes it beautiful is the sun and star shine from our soul not the color.

• Green eyes aren't underrated, just brown lol

A lot of people seem to assume that all brown eyes are the same, but they're not, they come in different shades. They can be really pretty.

• Yeah, they do come in different shades! I know this one dude that has almost golden-brown eyes, and they are awesome. Then there are people like me who have ugly black.

• Yeah, I've been told that mine are honey-brown. Really dark eyes aren't ugly though. I have a friend whose eyes are so dark, you can hardly tell where her pupils are, and she gets tons of compliments. More than I do, anyway lol

• Whatever - listen to Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl, you'll never feel bad about your brown eyes again!

• Because most baby animals are born with blue eyes. It looks youthful, and innocent..then again I can't really pass comment because I'm biased and have very pale blue eyes!

Green eyes will always be tied into jealousy..so they have that negative association.

Brown eyes...I don't know..I love em personally.

• What is almost everyone's favourite colour? Blue. Another reason is because they're rare, and they tend to grab your attention when you're talking to someone with blue eyes.

• Yes, it is a proven fact that men and women find blue eyes more attractive.

• they're not. I don't like blue eyed guys, I like dark brown.

i had heard that green eyes were most sought because it's rare.

i find blue eyes can be a little cold on guys, but then again, hottest caucasian guy I know has deep set blue eyes, but that's just a coincidence

• I think brown eyes are really attractive in guys, much more than blue or green.

I love my greeny-bluey-yellowy eyes tho! people always tell me how unusual they are! :D

• Probably just because blue is a prettier color than brown. haha. Like, when asking someone what their favorite color is, I doubt it will be brown.

I actually LOVE green eyes. It's kind of rare around where I live. I have bluish-green eyes that change color and get complimented a lot :] So green is deffinately good too. Brown eyes can look good also though. Like, the golden-brown color <33

• personally I find green eyes more attractive

• I think its just confusing how boys and girls decipher pretty and ugly, people say they like lighter colored eyes, but for me its hazel, dark brown in the center then light green on the edges, am I supposed to be offended? Or flattered? Why does it matter? Why are people so caught up on looks its in the persons heart right? I don't know...

• Everyone likes a different color, but it's not like we're gonna choose the based on his eye color ! I love clear eyes, from honey, to blue, to green, grey.. But that doesn't mean dark eyes aren't gorgeous. I have brown eyes and my sister has green eyes, and I admit, I envy her for that, she doesn't even appreciate them, but well.. it's life... Oh ! and my favorite color happens to be brown and all it's tones . :D

• I have green eyes and I get complimented on them all the time

• Your eyes are probably very pretty, but what I'm saying is unfortunately green and brown are not as sought after as compared to blue. There have been scientific studies done :(

What Guys Said 6

• They sparkle near sunlight.

• Thats funny, I've always been proud to have green eyes (well, greenish-gray)

• I would guess that its because blue is more noticable and a "friendly" colour.

I have dark brown eyes, they're almost black.

• Yeah, I have almost black eyes, too. I can't but feel that I am viewed as less attractive because of my eyes :(

And they are the most rare only 2% of the people in the world have them

Not 33 years old people

• I like green a lot better

• Blue eyes if anything are the ugliest eye colour. I have not seen a single attractive person with blue eyes in my life and I live in the UK so I have seen many blue eyed people and in my opinion they just look hideous. I think brown eyes are the most beautiful eye colour. Every single person that I have seen that I think is beautiful has brown eyes and I am glad that one day these hideous slimy blue eyed devils will one day be destroyed as they are recessive.

• As sad as it may seem it's true. I have black eyes I have nothing special with my looks and no I'm not sounding pessimistic or in shambles lol I am just a realist. Most people adore blue eyes , those that don't are either rare or too proud to admit it or don't want to "over compliment someone" -- to me all eye colours brown and green are not in the slightest attractive but as soon as I see blue , it's like angelic absolutely stunning and expressive... same goes for white people with natural platinum blonde hair or simply blonde. Most people don't want to admit it but at first glance most men love blondes , what sucks about liking blonde guys is that I have found throughout my entire life that most blonde guys also prefer blonde girls or guys. FML.