Well, let's examine the situation; (so you destroy the urge to chicken-sh*t out of it or half-@ss it)
- She works there
- You don't know her
- Unless you're planning on attending the store's christmas party, stalk her circle of friends to socialize with her outside of work, or somehow tap into her non-work social circle of friends; then you'll just have to accept that if you want to interact with this girl, the ONLY way to do so is when you see her working there
What options does that leave you?
Well, not many, only one really; to go up and talk to her.
No use in beating around the bush. You like the way she looks, you think she's cute, and you either just want to see what she looks like horizontally, or are genuinely curious about what kind of person she might be because you're also open and possibly interested in a relationship at this point in your life (and if she doesn't disqualify with some stereotypical female antics, this could be a potential girlfriend). But right now, all of that's in the hypothetical. Right now, you have yet to speak to her or really get to know her.
I hope fear isn't stopping you. The only two outcomes from talking to her are:
- She likes you (talks to you too)
- She doesn't like you (keeps conversation short, polite, impersonal, politely rejecting your advances in the hopes that you catch her drift and don't force her to reject your persistent advances in less subtle and polite ways)
I'll tell you the only outcome from you NOT talking to her:
Now, how would I get the ball rolling?
Well, I'm a guy. And as a guy, you should know that your gift to women is approaching and initiating an interaction. Do you know why so many girls end up with jerks instead of nice guys? Because nice guys want a relationship as well as sex, while jerks just want sex. That causes nice guys to be emotionally involved in the interaction and feel inhibited, nervous, shy. Jerks aren't emotionally invested in the interaction, so they just go on right ahead. The difference is that the jerk talked, the nice guy didn't.
This isn't my rant on telling you to be a jerk. This is my rant on letting you understand the gift you have to offer her; BREAKING THE ICE. She won't do it. She just expects a guy to magically feel motivated enough to do it. Be that guy, and only two things can happen:
- She appreciates it (99% of the time; seriously)
- She's a b*tch (1% of the time; seriously)
I'd just walk up with stuff in my hands that easy to make fun of and laugh about. That way, you have something (funny) to talk about. The conversation flows naturally, because you're just having fun and making jokes at laughable items. It's not forceful, it's not creepy, it's not invasive. If she has a problem with it, you just filtered out a girl you wouldn't want to date anyway. If she doesn't; she'll appreciate your sense of confidence and fearlessness (and simultaneous lack of arrogance & cockiness)..