Is there anything slutty about thigh high socks?

My mom can be a bit on the judgmental side and thinks that high socks are slutty. I really want a pair and don't see anything slutty about them.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• No, not really. Just wear a descent top.
    :)
    You have the right to enjoy fashion for what it is, and not for what others would perceive you to be.

What Guys Said 10

• Perfectly fine. Dress how you want to dress not how your mother thinks you should dress. Besides they are socks! It's not like you are running around with a sign that says "throw me in your drunk and make me your bitch"

• Being 'slutty' comes from choosing to have sex with a lot of people. What you wear does not affect that in any way. It is true that some people find thigh high socks arousing but that just makes them correct, it does not make you slutty.

• They are not slutty, but what you choose to wear with thim may come off that way;

• Well the good thing is you're 18 now.

Are they slutty? No I don't think so... are they sexy? Yes I think so.

But you're 18. You're allowed to be sexy.

• Yea, they are kinda "slutty." Only because they are typically used in slutty ways. They are very sexy though. Your moms got the right idea.

• I don't see anything wrong with thigh length socks

• if you wear them with certain cloths yes but usually there simple

• I don't see them as a slutty

• There's a reason why thigh high boots are called fuck me boots.

• They are sexual and not always appropriate. Slutty is a pretty strong term for clothing.

It doesn't make you a slut wearing them.

If you think they're just cute or fashionable and that there's no sexual element to how men view them though you're quite wrong.

What Girls Said 2

• Not at all, "slutty" isn't an appearance (or even derogatory from a secular standpoint) and if your mom is saying that she has her own issues to work through.

• Wear black leggings under then everybody is happy!