Girls, are thongs really that uncomfortable?

All my ex used to wear was thongs, no other type of underwear she loved them but my current girlfriend hates them and won't even wear one for me in the bedroom. Are they really that uncomfortable or is she just using that as an excuse not to wear them?

Most Helpful Girl

• I only ever wear thongs/g-strings. In my books, if they're uncomfortable, that's due to the material not being one that's particularly comfortable. Maybe some irritating cheap lace, or the thongs are just a size or two too small.

What Girls Said 22

• Imagine having a constant wedgie all day.

I'll occasionally wear one in the bedroom, but it's very brief as it doesn't stay on very long :P

• I wear these almost every day. They're much more comfortable than traditional thongs IMHO (they feel almost like wearing nothing but they cover your parts). You can catch em on sale 5 for $25.

www.victoriassecret.com/.../v-string-panty-allover-lace-from-cotton-lingerie

But, tbh every girl is just going to wear whatever kind of underwear she feels most comfortable in. I don't think she has a hidden agenda.

• Hey, if she doesn't find them comfortable, then she doesn't find them comfortable. Full stop. Personal comfort is - guess what - personal. If she doesn't want to wear a thong because she finds them uncomfortable, she doesn't have to. Being shitty about her decisions about her body on the internet won't change that.

• Nope. I wear thongs occasionally. Feels like nothing's there.

• I've worn thongs that were uncomfortable and I e worn thongs that didn't bother me in the slightest.

Maybe she had a bad experience wearing a cheap thong that rubbed her the wrong way and thus refuses to try it again now.

I do still prefer cheeky undies over a thong any day though

• Do yiu think maybe if I buy her an expensive pair she would be willing to give them a go? I don't want her to wear them all the time just for 10 minutes or so before we get down to business

• I don't think they're uncomfortable unless you're wearing the wrong size or the material isn't of good quality.

• Couldn't it be that she has a complex to wear thongs? Like for example, she's not proud of her booty and thongs open it. If relationship is quite fresh, feeling shy? Lack of confidence? well, yeas, it's slightly extravagant, I would say. :) Does she know how much you want it? Because a few minutes to wear is nothing if your partner would feel a lot appreciated to you and would see as the hottest thing on earth..

• No, it really depends on the material and model. I have thongs that are really comfortable, that I don't feel at all. She should try another brand/model, I'm sure there are thongs that fit everybody.

• I love thongs, they are not really uncomfy at all.. Maybe she never even tried one?

• Ehh they don't bother me

• It really depends on the material and sizing. For me, they are very comfortable. She probably had a bad experience with an uncomfortable thong in the past.
    I would suggest buying her a sexy lingerie set.

• They can be very comfortable. But wearing them to much can be uncomfortable.

• They're comfortable once you get used to them

• I actually heat wearing thongs leaves me with a rash on my butt

• Yes, yes they are. But I guess it depends on your butt type, your preferences...

• They aren't comfortable and lets be real, at that point I might as well wear nothing at all.

• They are for me. I don't like underwear up my ass.

• I love thongs.

• Some are, some aren't. If you get used to them, it isn't a big deal.

• They can be after wearing them for awhile but for the most part, I don't even feel them. Maybe it has to do with how big her butt is? Personally I'm lucky enough to have a big butt (it's the African genes lol) so I think more cushion makes it less noticeable. If she doesn't have much in the trunk, could be a possibility that she's uncomfortable

• There are a few I own that aren't that uncomfortable. I wear them when I exercise and in yoga pants, since I don't like the lines showing. I don't wear them all the time, though. Certain ones can chafe sometimes.

My sister absolutely refuses to wear them, she tried and said she couldn't stand it. So some people can, others can't.

• Yeah, I've always found them to be. Pretty much anything guys like tends to be uncomfortable. And you say we're high maintenance!! 😝

What Guys Said 6

• Someone was telling me this younger generation of girls don't really wear thongs much anymore, is that true? Like 10-15 years ago I wouldn't see anything BUT thongs on girls I dated or hooked up with. Is that really not a thing anymore? Goddamn shame...

• All the girls in modeling photos and on instagram wear nothing but thongs in their pictures it just seems normal girls don't like them anymore

• girls by "boy shorts" or "cheekies" because they are also cute (and comfortable) - but they show panty lines in most of the tight stuff that girl wear now, so string backs are going to stay popular for a while.

• @Cheergirl38139 Gotcha, that makes sense. Thanks for keeping this old man up to date with what the young whippersnappers are up to😜

• I actually like cheekies better tbh lol

• they get used to it over time

• I have worn male thongs - Spanish Inquisition torture devices

• Jockstraps mastergarments crew chekin in

• I cannot see how they are comfy