Girls, Ladies: Boy-shorts sexy underwear for women, yay or nay?

I'd like to get a general sense of women's opinions on these, if you please. Think of it as, "A Stranger in a Strand Land" inquiring. (And this is sooooooooooo not far from the truth! (lol))
I like this questions because ANY age of female from any walk of life can answer; young, old, single, or married.
And please, while yay or nay answers participate, they are as interesting as watching a traffic light switch colors. Some context would be appreciated.

14

Most Helpful Girl

• Those are not boyshorts. Those are hipsters or cheekies. Boyshorts cover the whole butt like this:
    groupon.s3.amazonaws.com/.../...ck-Brown-Black.jpg

I always wear hipsters though. I have almost the same ones as the girl in that picture, but then smaller.

• I really appreciate you putting this up. I read several persons correcting my apparent "faux pas", and that, I did not appreciate. I googled the underwear in question and several versions came up, including the pic I posted.
      NOW, that I do know. The first pic you posted was not the style I wanted to inquire about which is why I passed it by. To me they looked like panties with panels in them. (ultra sexy, but still) I would have never thought of them as "shorts."
      I also appreciate the input. Another gagger here said they didn't come in petite sizes, and I had to call B. S. on that. Most models, if they are medical-alert skinny, are petite.

What Girls Said 13

• I'm sure you realize now the pic you posted doesn't match the style you're talking about lol.

That said, I wear both. Wouldn't really say boy shorts are sexy... more "cute" I guess.

• i kinda don't like them coz i have a big butt so it would be really uncomfortable to have it jiggle around lol i would say something like that is better :

www.lacyhint.com/.../...y-sheer-bikini-panties.jpg

but since that women has no butt i can't really tell lol :

www.lacyhint.com/.../...ni-panties-by-wiesmann.jpg

i dunno how it looks from the back but rule number one it has to not dig in my butt and rule number 2 it has to hold my butt lol

• Yeah as others have already said your picture is a cheeky panty not a boy short. Regardless I find them both uncomfy. I have been reading a lot online about how boy shorts are the new thing but I can't stand them and I think most are unflattering... the cheekies not so much they can be cute... but boyshorts for sure are not cute in my opinion

• I thought those were cheekies, not boyshorts? O. o
    I'm confused now.

I don't like them - something riding up my butt - not cool.

• Yay. Love them. Because they're comfy

• they're cute but not that comfy under pants/shorts

• Those aren't boyshorts but if I wore the ones in your picture I'd look ridiculous.

They're apparently made for larger framed women.

I'm very petite and I don't really care to have that much fabric.

• I love boy shorts. I personally don't like the lace unless it's a special occasion or something. I like the cute cotton ones. They're playful and show off the curves.

• I love boyshorts. Most comfortable undies ever. Those and briefs are I wear.

• Only when requested.

• I love hipsters and really love boyshorts. So comfy and I think cute! And for the men out there... keep wearing boxer briefs!

• yes they are very sexy

• They are!!!