Why do girls like Edward Cullen?

At first I didn't understand why girls liked this character so much, but then I started reading the books and I can see why. I'll admit it, I'm in the process of reading the books and I know I'll probably get that "your gay" remark from any guys who answer this. I don't really care, its just a book.

Anyways, do girls really want the intensity in real guys that he, Edward produces himself? it seems to me like his romance style is very intense and girls seem to like that

Most Helpful Girl

• I think deep down every girl wants that tough guy that will protect them with their life. He's strong, hot and he has the dangerous vibe going for him. *swoons*

• Yeah but to me he seems moody all the time, wouldn't a girl like yourself want someone happy? not happy all the time but a mix of emotions and not constant moodiness

• Well in all honestly, Bella seems a bit moody herself which is why they are a good match.

As for me, he's just a fantasy. he's not realistic and wouldn't be someone that I would fall for in real life. Like you said, I want my guy to be a bit more upbeat and happy

What Girls Said 3

• they just love the whole idea of an old fashioned gentleman who is protective of them but has that fire in them as well.. he's flirtatious. Plus the whole perfect looks thing.

• What? Edward Cullen is a creepy mother f***er. D: He is not attractive, he's overly protective, creepy, acts more like a girl than Bella does, and did I mention he's a creepy motherf***er. D: Twilight's idea of Romantic is actually a very controlling and VERY VERY traditional relationship; AKA, The man does everything and the female is nothing but a helpless crazy. :|

• It's just like what the other girls said on here, it's because he's protective, old fashioned. But when you really think about it, that is not someone I would fall for in real life. Because for one, he's kind of stalkerish, and he just seems crazy to me lol. But yes in the fantasy part of it he's the perfect man pretty much.

What Guys Said 2

• who knows , I had an ex girlfriend who liked him and I have no clue why

• Yeah I'm reading it and by getting clues from the sentences, it seems like he's always moody never really happy. I don't see why any girl would like that

• its because he is fcuked up and girls like to fix these things!