Do women get turned on visually?

It seems to me that women are not turned on visually and that is a big disconnect with guys. We read about it and hear about women being turned on visually. Society advertises it and talks about it, but reality disproves it.

Take any random guy and show him a good looking girl with little to nothing on and he gets turned on. Where you do the same for a girl and its like you just showed them a torn up outfit from goodwill and asked them if they want it. I just don't understand? Now when they are with their man they can look at him and be turned on, when the other guy could have been hotter. What is the difference? What will it take to turn a woman on visually? A hot body and good looks don't work! Do guys need to just tape $$ to themselves. And to confuse matters even more, women will look at a male dancer and get all hot and bothered, hooting and hollering. But then another guy walks by with the same looks and physique, and there is that goodwill outfit again.

Ladies throw us a bone and clue us in.

113

Most Helpful Girl

• Most women really just aren't turned on visually the same way men are. Like you said, I am always turned on visually by my guy. But that's because I know him, I love him, etc. I don't get turned on by looking at a picture of some random "hot" guy and honestly I don't usually even get turned on my a male dancer. Not sure why many women do.

My SUSPICIONS (this is just an educated guess here) as to why women don't look at a picture of a random guy and get turned on is because sex is very different for us. Not just because of the whole emotional connection thing that most of us are looking for. All the guys I know tell me that guys don't have "bad" sex. All sex is good for guys. You can have "boring" sex, but that's it. So I would suspect that what might heighten your enjoyment of a particular sexual experience is that the woman be particularly "hot". Whereas for us, the "hottest" guy can be the worst lover and vice versa. We can, and do, have "bad" sex. And you can't tell by looking at a man's body if he is going to be any good or not. So what he looks like becomes less of a factor in turning us on. It does help for him to be attractive, but it's just one tiny part of the equation. And when the guy is a guy we're with, or at least know pretty well, then we know all the other things about that guy that contribute to our attraction for him. Then seeing him naked or whatever IS a turn on for us because probably we've already had sex with him and KNOW what he can do for us.

• I understand what you are saying and it makes sense. But let me say allong the lines of the good and boering sex for guys it is all about paritcipaton. The more the woman just lays there with no input or active participation the more boering it is for us. So we are definitely turned on by looks, but when it gets down to it we do want more than that. Don't get me wring there are a lot of shallow guys out there that would say that looks is the only thing that matters but some day they will wake up.

• Well yeah obviously participation is going to be a key factor, lol. I just meant if you had 2 girls who participate more or less the same, I figure most guy s would probably enjoy the "hotter" one more. But that's just a guess, lol.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 10

• it's funny you say that because it's true. women don't visually get turned on. but yet in the animal kingdom males such as birds and fish.i'll use peacocks as an example it's quite the opposite. male peacocks flaunt their feathers and whomever has the best set of feathers will get the best mate. it's not the case with us females. every now and then I'll get weak in the knees if I see a young fireman on a hot summer day but it's not enough to get me turned on. I guess it's because women are a little more cerebral hence an intellectual conversation would be much more stimulating than a male jigaboo doing his little number. if not that, well at least for me, physical stimulation does the trick. it doesn't have to be anything sexual. it could be a light brush on the shoulders, holding my hand or a sensual massage. another turn on is smell. you gotta smell good if you want your woman to get turned on. so maybe something like Davidoff Coolwater for men. A few sprays here and there should do the trick.

if you want to seduce her, play with her senses and that's not limited to seeing. taste, touch & smell should do the trick.

• I can only speak for myself, but.

Yeah, there is some element of being visually turned on, no doubt about it. However, it isn't enough to be fully ready to start goin' at it, either. There are a lot of different stages of turned on for me, and visual stimulation only gets me to that first stage – after that it's all psychological and physical stimulation to keep getting more and more turned on. Visual *paired with* other types of stimulation can definitely get me horny as all hell, but just watching a porno isn't enough to really get me going. Just looking at pictures of hot guys, or seeing one just sitting there? Not really going to produce any reaction whatsoever from me.

• When we see a hot guy, we don't get "turned on", we just think he is really really hot. When that hot guy starts showing some interest in us and just acting nice and basically shows us that he has a good personality, then we start liking him and, as a result, we get turned on. To be honest with you, money really doesn't matter that much at first. When we get serious with a guy, that's when we care about how well he is going to support us. It doesn't mean he has to be rich, it just means that he can't work at mcdonalds for a living if you get what I'm saying.

• Support you? You can't support yourself? And you're a 17 year old condemning guys who work at McDonalds. *boggle*

• 1. just because I'm under 18 doesn't mean I'm stupid.

2. Girls don't want guys that are too stupid to get a real job. And I'm not saying that the girl shouldnt make her own money because she should. She shouldnt depend on her guy to totally support her. But no girl wants to marry a guy that flips burgers for a living.

• It's true that women are really only turned on by their guys, and to repeat what others have said, that's because looks are only part of what we're looking for. You want to turn a lady on, then as S8tr said, play with the senses. Especially touch and smell, physical contact is a must and a man has GOT to smell good, also spending a bit of time getting to know the guy so we know whether he has a pesonality we can find ourselves attracted to is useful. With the dancers, that's probably because they're not just hot, but also dressed sexily, but that's not really being turned on - it's more appreciation.

Also. money helps :P Lol, jokes.

• Well I understand. I personally get turned on seeing my guy. Just physically seeing him gets me turned on, no matter what. And he knows this because whenever I get turned on by him all I stare at are his lips while his talking, he thinks it's hilarious. As far as I knows women aren't as visually tuned as men are. My man loves when I take pictures for him and everything absolutely loves it and that can turn him on in a second. But for women I think there has to be some sort of contact or emotion there. Granted not every women out there is the emotionally attracted type, but we get more turned on by touch and being physically romantic. (teasing, foreplay) than looking at a guy.

• I'm personally a little intimidated by guys who are "too good looking". Partially because all the good looking guys grew up with liked picking on me, and also partially because I would honestly be worrying if he was too good for me.

This sounds a little cleshed but I am more attracted to the personality of a guy. I like someone I can be comfortable around and have casual fun with in addition to the "other kind of fun".

As far as physical things go, I fall in love with the way he smells first and formost. Secondly, I look for a guy that I can easily cuddle with so nice arms are a must. Then his eyes, if he can look at me the right way I can go completely weak in the knees.So ya, girls notice and can be physically attracted to guys, but there are just some of us that are more invested in other things.

• I think that it is true that women aren't as visually stimulated.it is more of a mental thing for me. I mean, I can look at a guy and think he is nice looking but I am not "turned on" unless I am attracted to him emotionally or mentally first. As for strippers.I really think that is more of a fun get together with the girls and suspect most women aren't near as into seeing men strip as men are into seeing women. I could be wrong though.

• are you kidding me. ima 19 year old chick and watch porn all the time.

i stare at hot guys when theyre not watching me ( its called respect )

im sorry but were not going to BE turned on 24 7 but it def. can happen because of my eyes.or ears. or touch. I have to say without my eyes I wouldn't get very far

• I'm sorta confused with what your asking.But from what I see in your question.

Well guys with hot bods do turn us on! For sure. The way they dress should fit their physique to make them look even hotter. But if a man walks by with goodwill clothes on, it sorta takes away from the type we're looking for. Most people don't go by looks so it all depends on the type of person.

• Its more about personality than good looks. I mean, if there's an emotional connection and the girl looks at the guy it can take only a few seconds (at least for me) to get turned on. When a guy looks great we simply think they look hot.

What Guys Said 3

• Hey guy, you missed the research boat on this one. It is well documented that women are turned on between the ears and not the legs. Hence, we get new terms such as "choreplay" to replace foreplay. It's what you do and say that's causes the turn on.

When they are looking at their man and getting turned on, it isn't his looks so much as all the nice things he does for her to show her that he cares. Girls are well aware that guys are walking dicks and they have a large choice, therefore, it is something more than looks that girls are attracted to. Confidence, kindness, a sense of humor are more important.

Sure they will hoot and holler at a male strip club. That's their idea of what they're supposed to do there. They're imitating male behavior in male dominated venue. But it doesn't mean they're turned on.

Just because a guy is better looking than another doesn't mean that he's better.

• I agree. My boyfriend always thinks I get turned on if a hot guy is on screen. Not really. Touch gets me going. I get turned on when I look at my boyfriend because when I see him I see beyond his looks. Of course he also looks good in his undewear though, lol. A guy who's hot, is just that. But a guy you love... that's "emotional hotness". Maybe it's also because women's bodies are simply more beautiful than guys', which are basically all the same.

• You're right women don't care about looks at all. When someone wants to fix us up with a male friend, we specifically ask for the bald fat type. As long as he is nice! lol. We would certainly not ask that he be attractive to look at. You know there are some nice looking decent men out there. Men should do more to make themslves attractive to us too. Add nice to the mix and we will make better sexual partners long term.

• Dude first rule about women... NEVER ASK THEM ABOUT ANYTHING TO DO WITH SEX!!!

Take it from a instant player (my special nick name).. and if u dont believe i'am a instant player, just ask any instant player (a hot guy thats not gay and has sense).

women are visually turned on, just not as much as guys. I believe this has to do with the different levels of testosterone (The sex hormone) between the 2. This hormone usually raises for women during intimacy OR certain sexual stimulation (delicate touches, eye contact, kissing, breath etc). but some women or any women when ovulating can have high levels of this hormone which will basically make them a a lot more visually turned on.

But trust me when i tell you, you dont need to connect with a women emotionally or all that crap u see on tv to turn them on (especially if ur a hot guy), you just need to properly understand them (better if u do so on ur own... but nothing creepy), and discarding all the bullshit u heard about them.

Believe it or not, I've lost count of the women I've fucked, and half of them I didn't even know their names! (Then again they usually never care about knowing mine lol); I also have women coming in my store avoiding looking at me, and when they do look at me they struggle to say whatever it is they were saying properly or sometimes just forget and take deep swallows lol. I know it sounds like I'm boasting, but im just mentioning it for u to consider when thinking how visually turned on women are.

just watch and observe, dont ask questions or dont be a blabber mouth (very important) and u'l understand.

• I believe personally, and this is just my opinion that women are turned on just as much as guys are visually. I think most of them would NEVER EVER EVER admit it though, because they don't want to be seen as shallow or whatever by other people