I'm boy shaped, and I don't like my body. Is there any way to fix it?

I'm not too fat or too thin, I'm just cylindrical. I have no hips, just saddle bags, and while I do have a flat stomach, my waist doesn't curve as much as I'd like. My legs are short, to top it all off. It's not like I don't work out religiously, either. Ugh. Is there any way to redistribute fat, estrogen pills or something? I have boobs and a butt, but looking at me from the front I'm kind of lacking curves. Gaining weight doesn't work, since I just get proportionately wider and don't gain it anywhere specific.

Note: If there's not, I'm poor enough to try and love myself before looking into plastic surgery.

Most Helpful Girl

• Let me ask you something.

Would you, can you, and do you plan to have children one day?

Because pregnancy and childbearing are exactly the kind of things which will cause your hips and thighs to thicken, trust.

Not to mention your age says between 18-24. Whether you are actually in that age range or not, if you are young your body still has some morphing it's planning on doing.

Chill lol. Why are young girls in such a hurry to have their bodies age? You want to spend your most attractive years moping about sh*t that you'll wish you had back when you finally ARE in your 30s and 40s lol?

You're in your PRIME girl! Just keep healthy, active and eat right so you can stay looking the way nature intended you. Keep extra pounds away, accentuate what you DO have with the right clothes, and ride this sh*t out as long as you can lol. Because all that thickening you're bellyaching about will come one day, don't you worry lmao

p.s. do you listen to erykah badu? because she was skinny as SHIT when she first came on the music scene. Like positively bony. And now, 3 kids later, she's got ass and hips for daayyys. Stop trying to rush nature girl lol

What Guys Said 12

• Unfortunately there aren't really ways to physically change your body's shape naturally, what you can do is dress differently though.

There are different styles out there that hide some features and enhance others. I don't have any specifics since I don't know exactly how you look, but research it a bit and I'm sure you'll hit on a style that suits you.

Don't fret :)

VMS

• be happy with the way you are. confidence is what makes you attractive :)

• You're at an age where your weights about to redistribute naturally, & eating healthy & excercising can help that along. Other than that, I knew a girl who had similar issues. She had to tuck in her shirts & wear a belt, & this drew her waist in & made her look slightly curvier. Even when she changed into something tucked out after work, she keopt the belt &her waistline still looked cinched inh a bit. Beyond that, you may have to learn to I've with it for now, but I bet in the very near future you'll notice your body changing more to your liking on its own...

• well try buildign muscles where you wanna gain fat

• You can't redistibute fat. You can't deside where fat goes... Your body does that for you. What you CAN do is build muscle. If you could post a picture I might be able to help a little more. A lot of things sound kinda condesending though. You say you have boobs and a butt and are skinny but lack curves? That is exactly what gives curves... How can you have those 3 things and not have curves? You work obliques out? Tight toned obliques is what gives the indent of the typical "hourglass" figure. Try that. If you had a picture I could help you out more.

• I don't mean to sound condescending-- it'd probably make a lot more sense if I had a picture... (I'm not skinny, by the way.) Boobs and a butt don't make curves if you have no hips and your waist doesn't curve very noticeably.

Thanks for the advice, I'll give working on my obliques a shot :)

• Idk man I've seen a few girls I kno do, don't know how the hell they did well 1 had a baby but the other 2 idk

• I've heard it happens with age sometimes, but I'm just about ending the time period where that usually happens.

• Hey...I read ten words from your list and I can't take it anymore. Don't worry you are fine. Why do you want to be perfect anyway? It's impossible. Just be the best you can be.

• I'd like to improve if it's within the realm of possibility; what's the point of living if not to be the best you can? I'm not too broken up about it either way, though.

• I don't know what its called but there a mucle you can work out the makes your hip wider (other than your obliques). there also a sergury called a brasian butt lift where they take fat from you body and put it in your butt, maybe there a surgery where they can put it in hips

• I know the muscle you're talking about, but it's near impossible to work without doing really difficult, awkward movements.

• That would make sense because I usually only see it on body builder, mostly females

• I suggest changing your wardrobe into something that includes corset and quality under garments and bras, be sexy first. You need more sex.

• Um... more sex? Care to elaborate?

• I agree about the undergarments as there are two things you can buy to help shape you achieve the ultra femme shape you want, hip pads, corsets (as above). I think those two things will give the shape you are after, but obviously they are only temporary -WHAT HAS GETTING MORE SEX GOT TO DO WITH ANYTHING?!

• find specific workouts to target where you want to lose the weight.

• She wants to gain weight in her hips read the question

• Two words. Body Suit

Try wearing corsets, maybe that will help your body have more of a figure I you wear it long enough? lol I don't know if this works just a guess.

• LOLZ! if you keep thinking that way, guys will find you an easy catch, and that's sexy, even if you weren't an easy catch, that would be sexy too, lets face it, you're a funny cute girl wondering about your "cylindrical" body way too much, you think when we lick our lips in lust we give a damn if you were cyledididcycal squared or round or banana shaped?!

• There is a ultrasound treatment to remove fat fast, but you would have to work to add muscle where you need curves. However, what is truly sexy is a women that cares about how she looks and ther perosn that you are is what is truly attractive. Most any man will have sex with a nude woman, we are not perfect either, so don't worry about it! Work to be comfortable with yourself first then learn to help guys have the nerve to approace you. Be clean, well dressed, groomed, and confident. You DO have what it takes!

What Girls Said 10

• No, there is no way short of liposuction to resolve this and even that would have its limits.

What you can do with exercise is increase muscle tone and target areas that you want more muscle. But you are a woman and we typically lack enough testosterone to see siginificant results. Not that you cannot gain muscle, that is not the case, but it won't be bulky enough to change your shape typically.

You can also lose fat by doing a combination of changes to your diet and to your exercise. Even that is not the easiest, meaning that you may already be at a healthy body fat. And, no, you cannot force your body to lose fat in one area over another. In other words you cannot spot reduce. Our bodies are all programmed differently to store fat in some places over others.

So, people that are at a healthy weight and healthy body fat, are candidates for liposuction. Unlike what most people seem to think, liposuction is not a weight loss method, it is to help with stubborn areas of fat that you cannot lose unless you lose more weight than you probably need to.

• Lipo sounds like what I'm looking for, but would it let you redistribute fat? I specifically want to keep more weight on my hips than thighs, and I'm at a healthy weight already, so I'm not looking to lose any.

• Liposuction is a method of removing fat in an area. It does not then put it into another area. And it is plastic surgery, so as you said in your question, you may just want to focus on loving yourself as you are. Oh, and check out the Style Diet on Youtube. She gives great advice on how to use fashion to work around body shape issues you are not happy about. She does not discuss dieting, but changing your look through style.

• Re: I'm not too fat or thin: sounds like your a perfect weight...healthy

Re: my waist etc: work with what you have! When I use to have high metabolism I could eat ANYTHING and not gain any weight...and although this is going on a tangent...now that I am older, its not the same and I realize when I went from 1 to 2 to 4 by the time I got size four I thought I was overweight because I was not use to being that size and now I am at a size 8. When I look back at pictures of me at a size 4 I realize I was still beautiful (more so then when I was a 1 or 2) and the only regret I have was not enjoying myself at that point.

Re: My legs are short: Wear high heels! There is nothing wrong being short/having short legs! (i.e. my friend is 5'-0" and is dating someone 6"-2") I'm curious about your shoe size because I am a size 8! 3/4 if the time I go shopping the only shoes left are the smaller sizes! Argh! Jeans use to be an issue because there were more jeans that were medium length then long. I think you have it easy!

Re: No one will pay attention to "I'm boy shaped" if you are confident ...and you can't be boy shaped if you have boobs and a butt although I see girls here in williamsburg brooklyn ny (hipsters) rock the i"m boy shaped" all the time.

Ultimately swim with the current and not against it. As long as you wear something that you like and it compliments you I don't think you can go wrong. Appreciate what you have now!

• Heals and dresses and shirts that cinch at the waist should help with creating curves and giving you height. No one is perfect. Just enhance the great attributes that you already have :)

• I know everyone says this but be happy the way you are. No one is going to look perfect in everyone's eyes. I know I'm not. But there's going to be someone out there that's going to appreciate you are you.

But to answer your question, just wear clothing that compliment your figure.

• i have the same problem, except I can't seem to gain weight at all. my hipbones give me the "curves," since I have wide hips. but on top, I'm pretty flat and have no curves up there. I've found to just google "boy-shaped body types" and it'll give you a bunch of sites of how to dress to seem more curvy. that's what helps me. but other than that, you can't really redistribute fat to put it where you want it. I wish =/

• Well, in your case, I've heard birth control will help your chest if you're open to that.

• I read an interview (I think in a magagzine) where the girl said she went from like a B to a D from being on birth control

• the only thing you can do is cheat your shape with clothes, check online how you can dress yourself up. There will always be a way, I say as long as you have flat abs you should be happy =D

• the wrong type of birth control can take a negative affect on your hormones. you could try estrogen treatment. but what I recomend is sculpting workouts. pilates is the best for female figure sculpting but for it to be effective in a curving way you have to do it at least once a day. I also really like beyonces workout, its effective, it tones, it puts curves in all the right places. you can find it on you tube.

• Well you could target certain areas of your body that you have a problem with when you exercise... But its better to just be happy with yourself. Try this next time you look in the mirror look for all the good things about your body and then say "Dang! I'm Sexxy!" haha cause ga plastic surgery is not the answer lol

• I don't think I'm ugly, and it's not like I want anywhere smaller, just my hips a little bigger.

• You could excercise to make yourself bigger with excercise

• There is nothing much you can do to change it, it's genetics...

But you can create an illusion wearing clothes that make you more curve, wrap blouses are a great trick :)

• Tone your muscles. Work on your thighs and kind of beef them up to create more curves. If you look at singer Ciara, her body is very cylindrical but she creates curves with muscle. Either way, if you dress nicely and love your body you can definitely still look attractive. Angelina Jolie, and Catherine Zeta Jones are other similarly shaped celebs.