How do you accept being ugly?

How should an ugly or unattractive girl or even guy just accept that they are ugly and go on with life?What are some steps or tips you would give?

Most Helpful Guy

• the first step is to work on yourself to be the best you that you can be.. I don't care how ugly someone is if they put in effort they can look at least avg either by working out or getting into fashion (has there ever been a bad extreme makeover?).. you will have a much higher level of confidence and you will see how looks don't matter as much as your attitude.. but to get to that understanding you need to realize that you aren't as bad as you think. I've dated girls that looked avg but I was mostly attracted to how they carried themselves.

• I excepted that some people just have really bad facile fetures the best they can do is keep clean and nicly dressed. I've seen very few people who were, jus tphycialy butt ugly but they thought they were hot and evey guy in are culture thought they were butt ugly and rude . bad mix lol

What Guys Said 9

• Ugly is really broad. You can be physically ugly or internally ugly. I've met girls who are physically not that attractive, but what really made me not like them was how they behave- especially if they are caught in some cycle of depression and are not amenable to help or are just really hard to talk to.

Yet I've met girls who are "fat" or have disjointed teeth, or just a weird face who are nice.

There also exist ugly girls, who, despite having nice blue eyes, beautiful brown hair and an okaybody, are just ugly because of how they behave- Expressionless... morose... unfriendly... just not into conversation... (mostly from lesser developed eastern southern europe I might add.. Borat's country lol)

And I have also met girls who at first do not look attractive, but with some right clothes and demeanour can be the most beautiful girl that night =)

I don't think there is such thing as an ugly girl, just a lazy girl or a ill-brought up girl.

So whoever is asking this. You should not fret over your appearance. I am sure you are hot and beautiful, you just need to want to be it.

• That didn't answer my question.

• Should we real call people uugly ? I'll just cALL some people very low on the scale, a 1 OUT 10 but I would never call anyone ugly becose "ugly" people may attraced a people on there level.

• "I don't think there is such thing as an ugly girl, just a lazy girl or a ill-brought up girl."

You are so right.

• Why do you think that your ugly? maybe you should be having a look at yourself and asking why you care what others think of you, or maybe your friends can get guys attention but you can't. I would say write down everything about yourself that makes you unhappy, then write down what what would make you happier, then work out how your going to change those points working through the list. You'll find that as soon as you change one thing about yourself - your confidence will boost and you'll start feeling good about yourself again.

• Ugliness is just a word that has been MANUFACTURED for humans to label those we deem to be outside the natural order of things, ie not normal, attractive. Ugliness would not exist without human existence. it's all in your fu*king head and everyone else.

• guy don't care just about how you look they do when there like little but when they grow up a little more there care less guys care about looks (I think beauty is only skin deep) girls like personality but I say do something that will make a guy who you like to talk to you and he might like u, I say post post a little bit about your self and a pic and watch these videos, link it will tell you that there is someone out there for you since there's plenty of fish in the sea link it explains itself at the end link same as the second. if you have questions just ask me.

• if your a girl just be happy your female and have a made to be beutiful and amazing body I would if I was a girl...if your a guy just cry a lot and kill yourself...im ugly and I still can't deal with it... you should have a picture of you on here so guys can accually tell you are or not

• never give up, always fight!

• I don't mind being unattractive. Just don't give a sh*t.

• Yes but just keep clean and take shower OK lol we can't call look like supermodel but you can still atracted a star track fan lol

• Remove all the mirrors from you home and move your belongings to the attic, or preferably the bell tower if it is available.

• Unfortunately even average people are deemed ugly today due to how society views attractiveness. You have to look like America's Next Top Model or like you're on Jersey Shore. It's sad. The true internal beauty gets totally looked over.

• Ew,Jersey Shore?

• I love jersey shore...

• Even guys don't think true internal beauty is important

What Girls Said 9

• SO... I'm ugly... mainly unattractive.. because I'm fat... But you know... I don't give a darn... And you know why? I know, people out there love me for who I am... I even had so many guys having crushes on me! But yeah... it does get you down sometimes... when you can't fit into the dress you would die to have... or when you look into the mirror sometimes, and feel that you can exchange anything for better body or face... When you see the girls around you, and then look at yourself, and realize what any guy would ever see in you! And sometimes.. I wonder, "What if I was never this fat?"... Then, I think.. gosh.. I'm glad I have this shield... So I wouldn't have to face what some girls have faced because of their beauty... so I know which people really like ME! What does it matter.. you are some gorgeous model with a gorgeous body, and amazing hair and beautiful face... DO you know how much it takes to get that? The sacrifice? I could never substitute a meal at kfc for a salad if you ask me! And come on... beauty doesn't last... if the guy really likes you, and wants to be with you forever, he is going to also love your personality and mind and heart... Of course, beauty is what attracts us first.. but then what keeps the deal going? And come on.. who are they to judge whether you are beautiful or not... ? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... There are so many different tastes in the world.. there's bound to be lots of people who appreciate yoU!

So hold you head high.. and walk proud! You are you.. and there's no one better.. and if there are people out there, who actually put you down, because they think they are better than you... trust me... you are better off without such jerks~!

And as for proof.. God has never created anyone ugly.. we are all created in the image of God...We are all beautiful in our own special unique ways... Its the bull-headedness of mankind and the media.. which judges and categorizes us...

• Well, does she perceive herself to be ugly or is this what peers are saying? People can be downright mean and just because they say it, doesn't make it true. I know it's easy for me to just give some lame ass advice but this is what I do: I know I don't have the gene pool to look like Angelina Jolie or Holly Madison. In addition, I know plastic surgery isn't an option for financial reasons. Therefore, I do my best to dress nicely, do my make up and hair and look presentable. My house has no mirrors except in the bathroom. I don't look in the mirror unless I have to. I can either accept myself as I am or become a recluse in my house and let life pass me by. No. I want to go out and do things and have fun. I don't have time to worry about how people perceive me because they don't know me. I only care about people who know me and actually care. The rest can go f*** off.

• i do not believe that anyone is "ugly." everybody has positive attributes about him or herself. build upon your positive attributes. if you have great hair, emphasize your hair. if you have great legs, wear short skirts. also, make sure and take the time when you get up to groom yourself well. it is amazing what cleanliness, makeup, nice hair, good clothing, etc. can do to change our opinions about ourselves; confidence is one of the most attractive features a person can have. my answer is YOU ARE NOT UGLY! do not accept that you are ugly because it is not true! also, 'beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder." everyone is turned on by different things. YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO OFFER! the first thing you need to do is get up and do what you need to do for yourself! do something fun! spoil yourself! get a manicure/pedicure! go get a day of beauty at a spa! spend an hour making over your face and teaching yourself makeup tecniques! buy a Cosmopolitan and pour yourself a glass of wine and read it cover to cover in the bathtub! ENJOY YOURSELF! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!

• What if you have great everthing or nothing ? I seen people who were a hot mass that need to reconstracted thire face.com

• Even those people can wear cute clothes, fix their hair, be clean, walk with confidence etc. and personality is everything. look at those two conjoined twins who have kick-ass personalities that are beautiful girls in my book! at first glance you would not say they are good looking but they certainly are once you look for more than two seconds. and by-the-way I highly recommend taking the words/phrases "hot mess" and "should" and "can't" completely out of your vocabulary! :-)

• Don't accept it, embrace it, work it, you may not look like a celebrity but everyone has some good feature, so except those, then every day your feeling bad about yourself say "damn, my Eyes (or whatever good features you have) look amazing today. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so you may think your ugly but someone out there will think your beautiful. Don't put yourself down, most people will agree that the most attractive thing in a person is a good sense of humor and confidence. I think you just need to accept yourself by realizing this

• Okay, you have to know that true beauty comes from the inside ..the real you...Somwhere out there in the blues Someone special is waiting for you so keep faith... never loath yourself. You are attractive. Thousands are attracted to the outer beauty but millions will be attracted to your inner beauty..

• -Improve what you can whether it's naturally such as weight loss through exercise and diet or cosmetic or plastic surgery.

-Have a good personality.Although truth is,if you're a girl,good personality won't help you at all.You'll always get overlooked,you'll be the last resort,you won't get job promotions or get paid as high as an attractive chick,you won't get asked out,guys will ignore you,it still helps with having friends and keeping good relations with various people.

-Try yoga and/or meditation to help take your focus off of the negative and onto the positive.

Beauty tips:

-Workout 30-60 minutes a day.

-Shower on a DAILY basis.

-Deep condition your hair once a week.

-Exfoliate your skin 1-2x a week.

-Cleanse,tone and moisturize your skin.

-Use a hot oil treatment once a month.

-Keep body hair well groomed.

-Floss and brush your teeth everyday,at least 2x a day.

-Wear clothing that accentuates your curves.

-Smile.

-Trim dead ends every 6-8 weeks.

-Get a pedicure or manicure,it could help you feel better and refreshed or go to a spa.Very relaxing.

• i have the same problem..most of it can be fixed with having confidence, dressing nice..losing weight, and knowing how to work your hair and makeup! I think I'm ugly but if I put in a little effort, I feel a little better about myself! good luck love!

• Keep telling yourself that one day you'll mature and bloom into a beautiful person - it always works for me.

• My opionon is that nobody is ugly, in God's eyes everyone is beautiful. that's all I have to say on that note

• That's great and all, but I doubt He will date her. :p