Are receding hairlines on a 21 year-old unattractive?

My hairline isn't receding like Jude Law, but I'm still getting the triangular bald spots on the side by the temples.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so some guys look really hot that way. Besides that's just one part of you they're so many other things to consider. It would be incredibly shallow for a woman to turn you down just because of your hair. The only thing I would recommend is to keep your hair really short very clean cut you know. Guys with receding hairlines look a lot better with short hair ( goggle hairstyles for men with receding hairlines to get a good idea) .

• How short should I keep it? Like a 1 clipper blade all around?

• I shaved my hair completely off once and got bad responses from it. People were like "you looked better with hair." So a 0 all around is out of the question but once it grew back out to about a 1 or 2 I got compliments on how it looked. I think a butch or burr would look good on me, but not completely shaven since I have sort of a big square shaped head.

• I'd say go with the butch because of the shape of your head it'd be the most flattering.

What Girls Said 3

• It should be okay for now but once it really starts going, shave it off. Women prefer men with hair rather than without but they would rather see you with bald hair than thinning hair. At least that way it looks like you have a choice.

Thinning hair is a sign of age and bad health. If you're looking to attract women in their upper-20's, you'll be alright but it'll be tougher to score the young ones. And male pattern baldness is genetic- even if you're in really good shape, you may still get stuck with it.

With that said, it's not a -huge- deal, it's just like the last 5 pounds. It's annoying but not a deal breaker.

• My friend is always joking about my hair and how I'm "going bald" although my barber and mom don't seem to think so. He has unusually thick hair so maybe mine looks thin/bad to him. He tells me that girls would like me better with really short hair but I don't believe him. Girls hate short hair buzz cuts on guys...

• Not necessarily. All girls have different preferences.

• No, it means you are genuine. You aren't one of the guys who artificially hides the normal male pattern baldness...I find it attracitve because I know you aren't trying to look at movie actors who have full hair at age 60...

• lol if you looked like jude law, I wouldn't care if you didn't have a single strand on your head

but 21? that's pretty young

What Guys Said 2

• Aslong as your haircut looks alright I don't think it matters. I'm 19 but my hairline is naturally receeded has always been that way and I haven't had any problems with it.

• Girls don't like boys with receding hairlines they like cars and money...