I got a girl pregnant and now she wants to keep it. I don't want her to have the kid though. What should I do?

I have been having sex with this girl here at the University of Texas at Austin regularly for about 2 months now since I met her at a party my Frat was having, and she just told me she is pregnant and that she wants to keep it. I'm 22 years old and I haven't even graduated college yet so I want her to get an abortion. I am willing to pay for it and everything. She isn't even my girlfriend. It was just a sex thing. I mean I wore a condom, but it broke. I thought I pulled out quick enough, but apparently not. If my Dad back home in Houston finds out I got a girl knocked up, he's gonna stop paying for my college, my apartment, all my living expenses, and my truck, as well as the fact I might not get a position in my Dad's company when I graduate. I get more than enough money from my Dad each month, so I can afford to pay for her to end the pregnancy, and I told her this, but she is adamant she is keeping the kid. I'm not ready to be a Dad yet, I mean I'm not even done with college. I'm screwed, I don't want this kid. I don't need to be told that I should of kept it in my boxers either. I'm just wondering how I can try and convince her of what I want her to do and to see my point of view, without actually sounding mean to her about it?

I even offered to take her down to Mexico so I could get her an abortion, that way it would be on the quiet, but again she refused. Nuevo Laredo is only a few hours away from Austin anyway. She claims I'm the only guy she's slept with lately. Again, I'm not ready to be a Dad yet OK...

Most Helpful Girl

• You grow up and be a man now

It's not like you didn't know that each time you had sex, pregnancy could result... you live with the consequence now...for the next 20 years...because of 3 minutes of fun, hope you enjoyed it

Isn't it funny how you never think about your dad, college, apartment, living expenses, truck before you skrew the random chick

And now you know it's never "JUST a sex thing" you're playing with life

Your point of view was shot to hell when your sperm shot to her ovaries

As much as it is a womans choice to get an abortion it's just as much her choice NOT to get an abortion

You have no idea what you are asking of her. For a woman an abortion is very traumatic especially for one that cares as much as this girl does. They get depressed, have immense feelings of guilt and can develop psychosis and there's also a very high rate of suicide among them. It also reduces their chances of falling pregnant again later on in life.

She clearly doesn't want to risk all this, as it should be!

And if your father sends you more than enough money every month than I would start saving to pay child support

And quite the contrary I do believe you need to be told: KEEP IT IN UR F-ING PANTS!

and get a paternity test when it comes out regardless

Hate this all you want but truer words were never spoken

What Girls Said 20

• Interested it what happened? Did she have the baby? Are you doing your part to raise your child?

I'm not against abortion, but your continued insistance at the time for her to get one disgusts me to no end. I am a firm believer that if you are going to play "Lets F*ck", everyone envolved should be quite aware that it is possible for a child or two to result from this and be totally prepared change there lives to become the mommy and daddy.

Don't want a KID, Then JO to get your jollies off!

• You're sh*t out of luck. If you want, when the child is born you would be able to go to court and give her full custody (if she wants it). If she doesn't want full custody, I see child support in your future. If she is dead set on keeping the kid, which I'm assuming she is, then there is no convincing her otherwise. Especially since you've already tried it before. No dad has to be a part of their child's life, but in the end you will regret being childish. You are 22, my husband is 21 and I am 18, we have an almost 3 month baby girl. You're either gonna have to grow up, real quick, or go to court so she can take your money. Good luck.

• she has different values from you and you need to respect that. It is her child to so she has the right to keep it whether you are there for her or not. This talking about life and I don't agree with abortion as much so unless the mother is going to die or something. Anyways, she is up for the responsibility and even though it was an accident, she should be praised because she is strong enough to keep it even if it affects her so much. She is not only thinking of herself. If you are not ready to be a dad yet then just acknowledge that it is your child and that is it. A child is a precious thing, and even if you are not ready it is cruel to destroy life.

• They still have a choice whether you beleive it to be cruel or not.

• Well... that's what happens when you have sex, just don't have sex at all if you don't want a child because each time you do your risking it and now a girl is pregnant. You are both very silly and I hope you both learn that sex isn't something to be taken for granted and messed with. I agree with some cultures who don't have sex until marrige, when your in a supported and loving relationship then you have the support to bring up the child, I've had sex before too but never ever again as when I did I just complelety worried afterward so I just don't do it at all. Only have sex when you are ready to have children, I know it is hard especially with all the sexual messages around us these days but just spend that time with yourself so your not risking anything.

• Stop asking this question. You helped to ruin your own f***ing life. You should know by now, that a contraceptive of any sort is not 100% and you still have a chance of getting someone pregnant with one. People answered your question. You can't get a court order to make her get an abortion, are you f***ing joking. This guy is either a retard or a troll.

• Obviously your title says it all. You've got time to waste by sitting around on this site all day answering questions. I am not a troll either. Maybe I don't want to be stuck with a kid from something that wasn't even a relationship.

• I also think most of the answers don't answer anything. They're backward-looking, blaming him for what has ALREADY been done. I mean, what is that supposed to achieve? He's asking what he CAN do to fix the situation; not what he could have done to prevent it. I feel sorry for you question asker.

• People are telling him he can't. He doesn't have the power in this situation to fix it. THAT IS THE ANSWER.

More from Girls
15

What Guys Said 8

• Actions have consequences. If the Girl doesn't want an abortion, you need to stop being a petulant child and man up.

• Well first of all you can't and should not force a woman to do anything with your body but you also don't have to stick around for the baby

I recommend doing a few things

1. Make it very clear to her that there is no chance for you and her to be a couple. Do the honest thing and pay child support but let her no that you are NOT going to raise the baby, put your foot down.

2. Do NOT put your name down as the father when the baby is born, get a paternity test FIRST, make sure the baby is 100% yours, once you put your name down I believe you are stuck paying child support even if later on you test and find out it's not yours

• Put his foot down? You've got to be joking. She didn't impregnate herself. Time for him to be a f***ing man and take some responsibility. Daddy has always been the cradling him like a baby. Time for him to grow up and stop the whining. Your promoting him not being involved in HIS childs life is absolutely disgusting.

• He did the right thing, he wore a condom, believe it or not there is contraception for women too. If he is not ready to have a kid the mother can always give the child up for adoption but he doesn't have to be a father if he doesn't want to be. Furthermore he doesn't even know if it is his baby and women have in the past done sh*t like take used condoms and use them to try and get pregnant so you never know

• Oh it's you again. Seriously man I know you're terrified of having a kid and think your life is over but it's really not. I've known guys that reacted like you to getting a girl pregnant and didn't want anything to do with the kid until they actually seen the kid a few times, then they fell in love with him/her and wanted to see even more of the kid. Shit happens in life that we aren't always ready for but that is the challenge. So are you going to meet this challenge or run like a baby is what you need to ask yourself.

• Obviously, if you know what your dad’s actions are going to be when he finds out about this, then he must have had the man to man talk with you at some stage. Now it’s time to carry the consequences of your actions, so stop nagging. Just because your dad has a lot of money doesn’t mean you can buy yourself out of every predicament. Something tells me this will not be the first time you have tried to buy your freedom…..

Hope the girl screws you well for maintenance for the next 18 years

• After reading your post I hope she has triplets. "Oh no daddy's gonna take everything" hahahahaha. What are you, 12 years old? You made a choice, deal with the consequences.

More from Guys
3