Would you trade intelligence for beauty?

Let's say they had a machine in the future that could fix certain physical imperfections you have but it would decrease your intelligence in proportion to how much you change.

I probably would just improve a couple tiny things. Sometimes I feel like I wouldn't mind if I was a little dumber so that I would actually have to work hard to succeed instead of not working hard and just getting by.

• Yep
  • Nope

Most Helpful Girl

• Not sure.

We live in a society where looks matter more than anything and intelligence means nothing,especially if you're a girl.If you're a guy,it's important for you to have looks,but more important for you to have intelligence because then that means you probably have a better job and lets face it,Hugh Hefner doesn't get chicks cause of his good looks and bangin' body.

If you're a girl,intelligence doesn't necessarily matter because 1)Guys/society don't care about intelligence or personality and 2)You can easily be a gold digger

If you're a girl and attractive yet stupid,you will succeed in everything before the average/ugly intelligent girl,you'll get promotions first,you'll get married first,you'll be treated better(generally),probably more experienced with the same or opposite sex and people will basically worship you.So being an ugly guy with intelligence is better than being an ugly girl with intelligence.Attractive girls can be as dumb as a rock or mean as f*** and of course they'll still have the fact that they are attractive to boost them up and help them succeed.

Sooo,I personally,for my sake would not want to be stupid,but beauty is more important.

What Girls Said 10

• I wouldn't, but I'd be tempted. When it comes down to it I don't think I could give that up, it's too important to me, plus I need all I can get =P

• Sometimes I do feel like because of my looks I get away with things especially with guys.

But I also feel like people think I am dumb, a bit^h, boring, slutty,stuck up. Just things that are made up and are completly false. I get really upset when people say ,that I must have it easy because it feels like I am constantly trying to prove that I am not any of those things. Even taking it to the point where I where t-shirts and sweat pants to make myself less noticable.

I would trade my looks for intelligance anyday. But at the same time I probably would not have the same life that I have now.

• No. I'm smart, and I'm good enough looking. Why would I want to encourage vanity in myself. I love being intelligent. I sometimes feel bad for people who are all beauty no brains.

• I wouldn't. I may want to extremely, but any intelligence is good to have, especially if it's with drafting :)

• My boyfriend before we started dating had a crush on me cause of my physical appearance, I don't need to improve that. I would rather improve my intelligence. :)

• No. Simple enough.

• Nope. I believe my intelligence will get me far in life ^_^

• No. Beauty goes away with time, but intelligence is forever

• what about alzheimers? then you'll be ugly and incompetent that would suck.

• 1st I'd not be ugly, and 2nd I try to look on the bright side...I won't make a choice wondering IF I become sick, because chances are I will be healthy. =)

• lol IF is a bitch of a word.. I was just joking by the way.

• id tade some of it lol.

• No, physical imperfections can always be worked on. It's much more difficult to gain mental acuity.

What Guys Said 7

• I'd rather have my nose broken and crooked teeth in exchange for 10-15 IQ points, to be honest. My smarts have literally saved my life several times, so I'm in no hurry to throw it away for the sake of something that I'll lose over time anyway.

• No, I'd want to go with what comes naturally. I don't like artificial enhancements myself; they're always pretty obvious and just show the person doesn't have confidence in themselves!

• Great question. I don't think I would.

• I would do it

• I would definitely do that. It sucks that we live in a society where women will hookup with a good looking guy that has the IQ of beavis and butthead rather than an average looking guy that's very intelligent.

• Wouldn't have much to trade...

• I would because looks as all girls care about anyways so if I looked better I would be set.

• Guys care about looks too,so don't play the victim

• hey you look pretty good to me.

• What do you mean by that