How can blond hair make me "look slutty"?

A lot of people tell me blond hair makes me look slutty, and I'm wondering how that is. Here are the facts:

1. My hair is naturally blond. I didn't choose the color, my genetics did.

2. I don't dress in a slutty manner. My daily outfit consists of skinny jeans (not super skinny, just with a tapered leg), a crew neck t-shirt, flats, and either a hoodie or a cardigan in colder weather.

3. I don't wear a lot of makeup. I normally wear a coat of mascara, a swipe of peach blush, and a swipe of nude/pink gloss.

4. My behavior is far from slutty. I'm actually really shy and nervous around guys. I never flirt, and when guys talk to me I usually clam up and lose my ability to speak.

How, then, with all that other information, can my hair color make me appear slutty? And if the style matters, it's shoulder length and curly.

Most Helpful Guy

• The girls are just jealous and trying to put you down, f*** them and do what you want!

• It is predominantly girls telling me this (about 65%, I would guess), but that still leaves a fair amount of guys telling me this as well. Any reasoning for that?

• The guys are just hitting on you. Regardless of what others say, be proud of who you are, if they don't like it then it's THEIR problem, not yours!

What Guys Said 4

• IT CAN'T! Those people are being RIDCCULOUS! Your clothes style ios conservative, stylish & cute! I've seen girls look sluttier than that with a tight, low cut tee tucked into short shorts, & even THAT didn't REALLY look slutty! Ignore those ugly remarks & keep looking your way. It's very tasteful & stylish, & it's WHO YOU ARE! Don't let ignorant people take that from you...

• i like blondes. those girls are jealous.

• their just jelly no worries

• blondes are stereotypically known to be "fun". in a slutty way. when everyone knows reds are actually sluttier. lol jk jk. you can't give stereotypes to hair colors. they also say blondes are dumb. I'm dirty blond. and I'm very smart

dont let them judge you, theyre either jealous or trolls. not worth your time and patience

What Girls Said 4

• Oh God!Why do girls always have to be so competitive! Not all girls though... It sounds like your GIRL friends are just jealous because you probably look nice and they are feeling insecure.Thats it. I'm sure you look great,youre just encountering some shady folks.

• They are jealous of your beautiful natural blond hair! That is all I can think off. NEVER color it!

• Fake blond?I think it can look extremely tasteless and unclassy.Blond is one of those colors that unless you're born it,you can't rock it.

If it's your natural color I doubt people would tell you that...you make it sound like you dyed it that color

• Did you even read what I wrote? Fact number one states that my hair is naturally blond. Every woman in my family has blond hair, and that includes me.

• evangelina, there was no "duh" here. the only person who would think this girl was talking about some dyed hair when she specifically said her hair was naturally blond is some jealous twat who wants to put her down for having the perfect hair you can't have. girls like you p*ss me off.

• Yea,I'm totally jealous.Blond doesn't equal perfect,but if it does to you,that's great.

• My best friend gets that too, also because she is naturally very tan too. All I can say is those girls sound stupid and jealous, just flip them off and ignore them :D