Are belly button piercings trashy? Or sexy?

I want to know... Really. If you want to simply click an option below, then do it; but I would appreciate comments!

The reason why I'm asking is because I got my belly button pierced when I was fairly young (not thinking about it too much if you ask me), and now I'm not really sure if I want it or not.

I'm not trying to brag, but I do have a nice body (from what I've heard), and a cute belly button. If I leave the piercing, would it be considered trashy? Does it take away the sexiness of a girl's body? (Not that I want to use magazines as a reference, but no bra/bikini model has their naval pierced); which is kind of hinting at me that a sexy body shouldn't be pierced... OR, do you think it adds to the sexiness of a girl's body?

Please let me know! I'm not sure if I want to keep it or let the hole close up. Thank you!

• Trashy
  • Sexy

Most Helpful Girl

• I have my navel pierced, and I'm 19, got it done as a 17 year-old, and don't regret it. I've always thought they were really cute/sexy, but a little bit trashy and slutty as well, but when I want to look elegant and classy I take it out. Every boyfriend I've had/guy I've talked to thought it was really hot, too! Like you, I have a good body with nice abs (IMO, I hope :)!)and work out lots, so belly rings look fine, and only look bad if a girl has a really chubby stomach or fat rolls. Also, there aren't a lot of couture fashion models with pierced belly buttons, but many celebs have them, as well as some Victoria's Secret models.

If I were you, I wouldn't listen to anyone's opinion but your own, and keep it if you like it, let it close if you don't. Sometimes I like mine and sometimes I don't, and when I feel it's not appropriate for certain situations, I take it out, and put a clear plastic retaining banana barbell in, or just leave it with nothing in. In the end, it's your choice, and good luck!

P.S. If you don't like your piercing, maybe you could get different belly rings that are more mature/elegant? I have a friend who really likes my belly piercing when I have simple, non-dangly, piercings in, but thinks my jeweled and dangly ones are slutty. Jewelry companies make belly rings that are high-quality and non-sparkly, so you might look into those.

• Thank you! Best answer yet by far... I'll definitely look into those kinds of belly rings!

• everyone's doing it so I should join the band wagon!

• you're welcome! Glad I could be of help :)

What Guys Said 11

• I USED to not like that kind of thing, but now that I've seen it more & more I think it's kind of sexy! When a girl has a cute tummy & figure like you say, it can call attention to & show off your assets, & I wouldn't be a BIT surprised if some of those models had them either & took them out for photos. They can also make he photos look like there was no piercing to begin with, so the attention is on their product & not he girls body. If you really like it, you should keep it, but if you think about it more & HONESTLY feel it's trashy on you, follow your heart & let it close...

• Most people would say they look trashy, but I don't agree with them.

I tried to see the trashiness they are talking about and I couldn't. They just look so darn good and hot on most girls. I am voting "SEXY" all the way. :D

• As long as you don't dress slutty the piercing won't make you look trashy.

• It depends on how you carry it!

after reading wht you are saying, it seems like it looks hot!

• How come the guys who post trashy get rated down . I really don't care I think a pierced tongue is more trashy actually. go ahead and rate me down along with the rest you bunch of bitches.

• I'm not really into most piercings but if she likes in and can pull his off I think they look nice.

• depends on how you show it off, and what type of ring you have, it could be a chain or just a ring.

• Trashy

• looks cool

• Pour a shot of jack in your pierced belly button and I'll drink it. Definitely sexy.

• Trashy

What Girls Said 3

• If you're ugly,you're ugly,a belly button piercing won't change that.

If you're trashy,you're trashy,a belly button piercing won't change that.

If you're hot/sexy,you're hot/sexy,a belly button ring won't change that.

It won't make you cute, it won't make you sexy, it won't make you trashy or unattractive.

• True. But it will probably ENHANCE your trashiness if you are trashy, or ENHANCE yor hotness if you are hot, etc... It would most likely just draw attention to those facts, you know?

Either way, +1 :)

• Belly button rings shouldn't define anyone. It's a piercing. With that being said, if you do get a piercing, don't let it get to your head. I know some people that became hilariously narcissistic after getting a piercing... kind of funny in an innocent way.

If you want to do it, go for it. :) Don't let the notion that society already has preconceived notions about something so unimportant like a belly piercing. Do what makes you happy!

So, in the end, I think belly piercings are sexy, and even classy, on girls who know how to carry themselves. And how? By being herself.

• I have a piercing fetish so sure.