What does "cute" mean when girls say this to guys?

I always get called "cute" by girls, but I'm confused, do they say this as in cute like a small child, or a baby? or cute as in physical attraction.

Most Helpful Guy

• They want to suck your d***.

What Girls Said 16

• I don't know about other girls, but I call a guy cute if he seems like a "baby" to me. Cute, fragile, innocent, clumsy and just plain adorable. I won't call a crush "cute", but that's simply because I don't like cute guys that way, I think.

I'm sure it's different with every girl, though.

• If a girl calls you cute, either she just isn't using the word "HOT" "GORGEOUS" or "GOOD LOOKING" but still finds you attractive or she is viewing you as someone she won't have a relationship with (basically putting you in the friend-zone).

I use cute with guys when they did something really sweet or kind, but that doesn't necessarily put them in the friend-zone.

• Well, I honestly feel awkward and it feels as if it's too much if I say 'Hot'. I perfer to replace 'Hot' with cute.

• Personally When I call a guy cute, in person face to face it means you are physically attractive to me ( not in a sexual way, at the moment) but if given the chance and the time to know one another we might get to that intimate sexual level. now if I'm talking to a guy online and he's hitting on me and says I'm pretty but I really don't think he's too attractive, I call him cute so I don't hurt his feelings or pride.

• I say it to my friends too, guys and girls. It's their personality, their looks, a combination of all the good things about them.

• It depends on how they say it, If its like in a flirty way there into you. If its in a like nice playful supportive way the think your nice. Usually...

• I sometimes say "cute" if I find a guy attractive. It really depends.

• I usually think of it as a "aw, you're so sweet" way. More like you have sweet personality

• What "cute" doesn't mean: You're hot, you're sexually attractive in that damn I wanna have you right now since, you're a douche

What it does mean: You're sweet, you're nice, you're boyfriend material...hope that helps

p.s. Don't trip I'm "cute" too haha

• I'm I the only one that realized that when guys are called cute (physical), they have some feminine features in their face. *cough* Justin Bieber *cough*

• That's a little difficult to answer because it changes between females, but I use the term "cute" to describe personality. If I find someone's personality endearing, I call them "cute." I find my best friends cute, my pets cute, my girlfriend cute, and even strangers cute. Hot refers to body build most of the time and beautiful/handsome refers to facial looks. But -- of course -- personalities can be hot, bodies can be beautiful, and faces can be cute. Really depends.

• doesn't mean anything. just one of those overused meaningless words

• hmmm it depends.. like if the guys is like flirting with me and I'm not really attracted to them I call them cute... but like if I'm dating someone and they say something that makes me smile I say " aww that's cute :)"

• cute as in physical attraction

• I usually say cute because I'm too shy to say hot or handsome. It's the most "innocent" way to compliment a guy without exposing yourself too much. ;-)

• I like this answer...I never thought about it that way. :)

• so true I could never call a guy hot to his face! well maybe if we were going out I don't know but I agree with u

• cute usually is about personality and that you're like adorable to them. . Not all together a bad thing just maybe not the slot you want to be in... most guys don't want to be 'cute' because that means they're friend zoned most of the time.

What Guys Said 6

• The Meriam-Webster definition of the word "cute" is:

"attractive or pretty especially in a childish, youthful, or delicate way "

Those people that say that you get "friend-zone'd" when you're being called "cute" is not true. I've gotten a fair amount of attention & "action" in my lifetime, & I've only been called "hot" by a stranger twice in my entire life (in fact once was on this site lol).

Would I call Carmen Electra hot? no. Would I call Vanessa Hudgens cute? yes.

• I've been called hot once on this website to, and "gorg" once on facebook, but that's about it, cute, however, I've been called so many times I've lost count, haha.

• I f***ing hate the word cute because it's so dubious and scary. They just want to make it cute so that they don't have to be too responsible but yet play with. People shouldn't be using that word which is same as handsome, but I used it so it's like I like him but I don't give a sh*t because he is just like a pet I can buy if I have money of course but I don't.

• Depends on the context. Generally, its referring to you as being sweet, or funny

• You're really nice

• haha it really depends. it's the most confusing word that girls use in their arsenal.

you know if a girl calls you hot then that means she wants to hit it. if she says cute it can mean lots of different things as already mentioned by girls here. the worst is when she says you're cute like "adorable" because you're being friend zoned lol. but this isn't always the case. like girls have said here as well, sometimes they say that as a "softer" way of saying you're hot. especially when they're like "he's really cute".

i'd say in most cases though when a girl says you're cute it's a pretty good thing and she finds you attractive, usually in a way where they see you as a potential boyfriend. so they think you're physically attractive but would consider dating you too.

• also just to throw in girls can find you both cute AND hot. I don't mean to sound arrogant but here are some personal examples...

when I am at a party or with friends or somewhere that girls see me and make judgements, I will usually hear "he is cute"/"you're cute". they are saying I am attractive but I am not brad pitt.

when I am at the beach though, girls call me hot! see how the context changes though? I am half naked there so girls see me in a sexual way. so keep the context in mind

• In 5 cases out of 6, it usually means that you are "too nice" meaning you help too much and care too much are completely unassertive and all. They like you but only as a friend.

But it differs from girl to girl. Some say it to tell you "stop trying, you're a friend" and another to hide how she likes you. You really can't know for sure, but it's usually the first according to my experiences. Though "cute" is.. a level better than "adorable". That's a definite no-no.