Gummy smile is ugly or not?

Hi,

I know guys really want girls with beautiful smiles. I show a lot of gum when I smile. I want to know if I should get it fixed. I want an honest answer please. Everyone I know personally are telling me not to worry about it. Does it look ugly? I have attached a picture also. If you can't see it please tell me.

Gummy girl

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi Gummy girl,
    Yes get it fixed. I have a few guy friends and they do not like the gums. Just do it. you won't regret it!

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 11

• I can't see you pic. Can you send it to me? Also, my current Girlfriend has a very gummy smile. I can't honestly say that it is attractive to me, but it doesn't really repulse me either ( I enjoy our kisses :)

I would love to bring it up to her, but I'm sure that would just make things worse. Also, How much does that hypermobile lip surgery cost anyways?

bottom line is this...I'm not a fan of it, but I'm still with her...so there are plenty of things that can cancel that gummy smile out.

• I have a beautiful girlfriend with a smile who shows a lot gum. Through time I began to love that kind of smile for a particular reason, simply because it is her real smile. In her pictures she would smile but I knew it was just a "picture smile" and not her real one genuine smile. However if we are together and I make her laugh or give her a innocent complement, she gives me the smile I love to see on her face with the gums. I love that smile because I know that in that moment she is happy with no worry in the world, especially not thinking of her "flaws"... but this is just me. Sorry if I got carried away.
    Learn to accept it in my opinion, any smile is a beautiful one.

• there's no pic but I'm not a fan of gummy smiles.

• Yeah, I do find it unattractive and most guys seem to. Your friends are right though that you shouldn't worry about it, this is one of those traits that you have no control over, kind of like how some guys end up really short, and that is typically unattractive to women. I don't like my smile either cause I have really fangy teeth, like a vampire or something, so during pictures and social situations I just smile with my lips closed, simple solution.

• Yes, it is *an unattractive feature and you should get it fixed. Good thing is that there are ways to easily correct it.

I know this girl that is beautiful and has an attractive body, her only flaw is her gummy smile. Her better features outweigh the gummy smile and I find myself attracted to her but imagine if and when she corrects it. She will be much better off!

Like some others have said if you are uncomfortable with it then go ahead and have it corrected because what's important is that you feel comfortable with yourself and if you have to ask the question chances are you will feel a lot better by doing the procedure to correct it and improve yourself. Best of Luck! :)

• You should not have to get it fixed. No. I am a guy, and I'm not absolutely the hottest guy ever or think of myself as such, but have frequently been called "handsome" though, and I'm telling you NO, it is NOT unattractive, and I actually find it to be cute and attractive. Yes, I said it.

• you are very pretty. I think your smile is nice and your gums are no big deal. if it bothers you, just get it fixed. its what you think about yourself that is most important.

• I can't see the picture.. message me?

• i love the gummy smile :-) dont`t hide it! girls with gum are nice and cute; I love it!

• Can't see a picture.

• I personally find those type of smiles to be the most attractive, though every guy is different.

What Girls Said 3

• Noo! Why would you want to change what you've naturally got to be with a guy? If he doesn't like you for you then what's the point? That being said you don't have a GUMMY SMILE! You've got a great smile! Don't change it! It adds personality! :)

• Unfortunately I cannot figure out where the pic is but there would be only 1 very possible reason why I ended up here. I have a gummy smile too, I am more of a self concerned person but recently something has triggered me into doubting my teeth. I honestly think I have a cute smile... I also think its kinda ugly somehow because of the phrase "gummy smile" just doesn't sound right to me. I sometimes think of getting the dental surgery but, knowing myself... I'd probably miss my old smile even if people said I had an amaze ball smile. The reason? I was born with it, its mine and I am comfy. Did I mention I have the London look too? yea so... basic description in overall, I have a short-ish, gummy teeth with the London look!!! I know what you are thinking, bizzare right? It turns out guys like my gummy smile because they know it's real... When it's fake there is no gum showing. I come from a very conservative family and I mentioned getting my dentals done to my sister and her opinion was:If you want to then after a minute or so she mentioned the London look ad. didn't go straight to the point but I think she was trying to tell me NOT to change it., What I think? I don't know really but I know when I try to adjust my lips for a billion dollar smile... It looks weird, uncomfortable and definitely look unnatural. Its up to you really if you want to change it, I somehow know I will consider changing them but if I did, the people that know me well/that matter to me will forever miss that old smile perhaps not recognise me. I cannot picture myself without that look in overall when I do the "fake smile" that I think is good/gumless it's fake and no one give 2shz about i know coz I post pics on social med.

It's what you want but I hope you don't change it. I hope you figure it all out. X

• You shouldn't. It's attractive :) I wouldn't care about them if they didn't like me cuz they aren't your true love. You should find someone who does find you attractive ^^