Shorts for short, stocky legs?

Im 5'1, and because I have a broader body frame, my legs are also thicker. My outer thighs are muscular, inner thighs are a bit flabbier. I run, workout, eat relatively healthy and all of that. No matter what, they never slim down (yes my thighs touch).

Usually short girls are supposed to wear short shorts to elongate their legs. Girls with thick legs are supposed to wear bermuda shorts but bermuda shorts are supposed to make short girls look shorter.

I have worn bermuda shorts, and although they are cute, they remind me of the days when I was about 20 pounds heavier, so to have to wear them makes me feel a bit defeated.

Shorts are weird for me, they are either too short and emphasize my thighs, or they are a bit too long and make them look stumpy, or they are full on bermuda shorts.

Lately I've been wearing either jeans, flowy skirts, or pencil skirts to just avoid the whole thighs thing. I want shorts, real shorts, but I have no idea what ones to wear, or if I can even wear them.

Heres my thighs.

link

link

My feet are a bit apart, but naturally my thighs touch a bit.

Most Helpful Girl

• well in my experiance (im also 5'1" and stockier but my thighs are a bit different because my knees touch and the top of my thighs touch and I have a gap in about mid thigh but the point is they are still thick) and I think bermudas make me look fat and another girl who has the same body type as me look fat also so I either wear denim capris (the ones under the knee with the cuff) or shorts with a 5 inch inseam (give or take an inch) though I have 1 pair of 3.5 in inseam shorts and they look pretty good but they are looser fitting. beware really short and tight shorts though! they also make you look bigger try old navy shorts they actually have non booty shorts! (such a rare thing) also try a darker color don't wear white shorts no1 can pull those off...

What Guys Said 2

• You could try getting an old pair of bermuda shorts you don't wear and rolling them up or cutting them shorter, until you feel like they're flattering. If you can sew any, make some crude stitches to fit them differently and keep them in place, and then take them to stores where you can talk to the people there and ask them if they have anything that resembles that cut and length.

• well, judging by your picture, you could probably pull anything off, as far as shorts go, I think you would go good with some relatively short jeans shorts. I also think you would look good with some kind of relatively short skirt, but either way, don't be embarrassed of your legs :D short girls are cute

What Girls Said 4

• *shakes fist* damn you girls with thighs that touch! I want thighs that touch :( I think your thighs look great,i really don't see the problem,maybe you should wear heels with shorts,they'll make your legs look longer (but wear something conservative on top,people will think you're a hooker)

• Lol thank you, its always interesting to me to hear from girls who want what I have (rathe than girls like me who want what you have.) Yeah, they are just more athletic (in shape on the outside, a bit more flabby inside) so can be hard to find that magic length.

• I'm super short too! Bermudas actually don't make you look shorter, but you HAVE to make sure they cut right above the knee, any lower and they will cut your frame and make your legs look STUBBYYY. I like buying distressed shorts with folded over hems because I think they are really cute and make my legs loko longer!

• I probably should wear them, but like, after 20 pounds of weight loss, and I STILL have to wear those makes me sad. I feel a bit defeated.

• something like these would probably look best

link

• i don't think they will look good on you . Am basing this on the description you wrote.