Traditional Beauty vs. Unique Beauty?

How do you define the difference between traditional beauty and unique/unconventional/not so obvious beauty? What would be examples of both, and which do you personally prefer to see in a person?

Do you think either gender is more attracted to one type of beauty? And I don't mean just women, there are men who are uniquely handsome, or traditionally handsome, this question isn't just for guys :P

Most Helpful Girl

• This might be a cliche answer, but I think all beauty is unique beauty. Even someone who is "traditionally beautiful" and fits the beauty ideals of our culture has something unique about them. Obviously some people look less conventional than others, though. I like seeing people who don't fit in the norm, yet wear their skin proudly.

• I agree with you to a point, but I do think there is a "generic" beauty. For example when someone think of a beautiful "all American girl" they probably might think: Caucasian, tall, thin, maybe blond or lighter brunette, with blue eyes and perfect skin." But unique could be someone with a less common body shape, maybe a facial feature bigger or smaller than "normal" or conventional

What Guys Said 1

• Traditional beauty is something you see and admire.

Unconventional beauty is something you have to experience to admire.

• Good explanation, that makes sense. What do you personally prefer? Or which do you think is "appreciated" more?

What Girls Said 1

• traditional

link

unique

link

• I really like these examples, I personally think the second girl is more attractive than the first BECAUSE of her freckles.