Guys, what does cute mean?

when a guy says you're cute is it a subtle way of saying you're hot or sexy or does it mean you're just attractive enough to consider attractive?

Most Helpful Guy

• Cute is not the same as sexy or hot by any means. And it doesn't have anything to do with barely reaching the standard of attractive. It's just the way some people look, usually caused by more childish features on the face than would usually be there by a certain age.

What Guys Said 13

• In my opinion, cute is a good thing, but it may mean you have a babyface sort of pretty going on. If a girl is hot, it means I want to rip her clothes off and ravage her on sight, like I picture her as a f--k toy. If a girl is cute, it means she is sweet and maybe a little young looking, but still f--kable.

• For me, there are different 'classes' or attractiveness. Sexy, cute, pretty, hot, and beautiful are just different things, none being any better than the other. Cute and beautiful are two that are usually only obtained naturally, though (without a lot of makeup, etc). I think it's just the way you look. You probably have a great smile.

• When I refer to a girl as cute, I'm referring to her being pretty. I think of hot/sexy as like a girl who's not quite a whore/slut but isn't just pretty. Hot/sexy is the girl who wears tons of makeup and looks like it took an hour and a half to get ready just for class.

Cute on the other hand, is a girl who looks good in makeup, but also looks attractive without it. Like, assuming you're in college, I'll be with my guy friends and I'll notice a girl from class who I think has a nice smile and is friendly, and approachable by any means. I'll be like, "hey dude, the girl over there is kinda cute."

So, cute is morethan just attractive enough to consider attractive.

• Okay, here is my take on this. First and foremost, if I am interested in a girl, she will be cute. However, it is important to note that being hot and sexy are not mutually exclusive to being cute. Odds are, I think she is at varying degrees of hotness, cuteness, and sexiness.

Overall, attraction is attraction. There is no sense in arguing over semantics. In the interest of full disclosure I must offer one caveat- I may not be interested in a girl, even if I think she is cute. I guess attraction can be fickle.

• If you were hot we'd say so. You're cute and that's better than average or ugly or good-god-tranquilize-it

• Cute is someone I would sleep with. It's a mild form of interest that hopefully will get noticed and reciprocated.

• To me, "cute" means attractive in a girlish, perky, energetic way.

• well.for me a girl whos cute is the one that make me think about her smile or eyes or the way she talks or acts that makes me smile or laught.hot or sexy are the ones that get me turned on.but a girl can be cute and hot at the same time

• Everytime I've been called cute it's been followed with "but..."

• It could mean the second one or it could be them teasing you that they think the second one cos they actually think your hot ;) that might not happen very often though lol.

It kinda depends on the eye contact.

• there's cute, hot, and pretty, and they all mean diff. things

• may be your second option is right ( you're just attractive enough to consider attractive )

• it could be a subtle way of saying she's hot, because most guys would feel that telling a girl she's hot would make them come across as being shallow. it could also mean that she's cute.It could be both. Either way, cute is definitely a very good thing in my book. Attractive, and likeable.

What Girls Said 2

• it could mean both. :)

• you can be cute and hot at the same time, but a hot person can't always be cute

miranda kerr (vs model) is cute because of her babyface. many find her hot also because she's sexually attractive.

adriana lima (vs model) is hot because she's sexually attractive but I've never heard anyone refer to her as cute

• Wow listen to this woman, she's dead right.

And why the hell is she anonymous? Seriously, guys go anonymous when talking about putting on a dress, and women will go anonymous when just agreeing with 10000 other people