Does underwear matter?

Does the look of a girls underwear matter to guys? I mean obviously they should be clean, but does the bra have to match with the panties? Are plain cotton undies not appealing to guys?

I ask because when I know my guy is coming over, I put on the matching stuff because I think it's cute. But one time we got drunk at a party and we went to his place and I didn't wear stuff that matched because I didn't plan on doing anything later. He didn't say anything, but I could tell he noticed. Is that bad?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not bad like he said but it shouldn't really matter what your underwear look like if you are going to have sex and if it happens again then just take your bra off under your shirt pretending to try and impress him and throw it on the floor and he will forget to check and see if your panties matched...lol!! I mean honestly I don't think most guy really care when it comes down to sex!!

What Guys Said 9

• Bad, Good, whatever. Do we notice, HELL YES. Matching to me is a turn on. Clean is a must but the plain white cotton ones can work but only with the right outfit. Like if your going to wear a short jean skirt, white would be the way to go, its sorta sexy to get a peek, but if its a slinky black go out dress or skirt or some tight black dress pants, than colored panties are the way to go but you still must coordinate.

• My opinion on the topic, well my opinion is that if I get the chance to see s girl in her under wear. Well who am I to say what I like and don't like. I'm happy. Lol. But here it is in a perfect world. You want sexy- thong you want AMAZING SUPER SEXY-booty shorts. Oh god these are never worn enough. You want cute-cotton (trust me cute can sometimes be even hotter then anything else in ur underwear drawer) and if ur in kinda of a "horny" "fun" kinda mood-g-string. All of them are great. My personal ranking is, 1)booty shorts 2)cotton 3)thong 4)G-string.

Now for the bra. Mmm possibly even better then the panties. Bras can be fun. And they don't have to match either. Strapless bras. Meh. Not so much fun. Lol there is no real build up or excitement leading up to the removal. The normal bro with straps. They are fun and if used correctly. A seriously sexy weapon. Recently my girlfriend has gotten a bunch of new bras when the clasp is in the front. Now those. Those were just created to fu*K with us guys. You girls can open then up and hold them together. Common. 2 words. C*ck tease.

• I don't think I have worn booty shorts in front of my guy, mostly mesh/see-through stuff, thongs, and cotton. He never says anything about what I have on, but I can tell he likes to take it off me. He gets a sad face if I do it before he does.

• I think its nice to match but it doesn't have to. yeah cotton is out. nylon or satin is really cute and sexy. booty shorts are cute these days and so are string bikini's. its nice to look at the way they hug the curves. but again you can never fault a thong......

at the end of the day we like it all...and it all to match but we honestly don't care......

also if I asked you the same question. what would you like to see a guy wear?

• Usually when you get that far with a girl, and are turned on, what she is wearing as underwear doesn't matter that much as long as its sexy. It doesn't have to match. And plain cotton undies can be sexy, too!

• I prefer something more sexy than plain cotton...it does matter for me usually.

As for matching, that is nice at times, but the majority of the time as long as both are sexy you got my attention.

• Nothing wrong with plain cotton, but if you really want to make him hot and bothered then something a little more sexy is a must, if they match its even better.

• i don't care if they mach, and I like thongs but only if my girl friend wants to wear one if not its fine. I like bras don't care for bra-less.

• Well it's not bad but it's always nice to have matching or skimpy outfits before you will have sex.

• no not at all its what you wear and as long as it does its job is fine

What Girls Said 6

• I don't think it matters to guys. they care more about whats underneath the bras and panties.

• Cotton is out , at least to my boyfriend.he has went so far as to tell me that. but I don't care .because I prefer silky sexy anyway. also I think it is a bit more of a turn on for him if they match. at least the really sexy ones. at least he is more attentive.

• I do the same thing for my man but it shouldn't matter when its unplanned. Any other time I do thing it matters.

• guys like things that match I think. mine are always matching, bra and panty for me are colour coordinated.

• I don't think guys really care as long it comes off easy.

• Ha personally I think it does it makes you feel sexier with nice match in underwear.