Why are girls so obessed with boots?

I don';t understand this. They are just a type of shoe. They are such a waste of money. I know some girls will spend thousands of dollars on them. Besides unless a guy has a foot fetish, he could care less what is on your feet. I especially hate heel boots, I can't stand their sound, and they make a girl look like is is an attention whore. I can see having boots for the snow, because I have those, but other than they they are not needed.

And a question for girls who love boots, would you life really be any different without your boots?

Please do not ask me why guys love video games, or cars, because I have no interest in either. I think guys who obsess over them are as bad as girls who obsess over boots.

True I really o not like when people obsess over material things.
I just happened to believe modern society is corrupting morals. Look at the Jersey shore, it glorifes women, being whore, and men being idiots. Look at people like Lady Gaga, they sing songs priasing Judas, and priasing having Sex with random people. The whole Hollywood/MTV/Fashion industry has destoryed morals.

Most Helpful Girl

• You make it sound like every girl wearing boots spent hundreds on them, therefore making your argument that the world is materialistic. A lot of girls buy boots because they think they are cute and they like them. No one cares if you don't like them. It only matters how they make the owner feel. If you don't like it, don't look or go to Africa since apparently no one there is materialistic. But my roommate is from Africa and she spends way more on clothes and shoes than I do. I'm sure there is something that you really like, you can't hate everything. so let the girls where their boots. if it makes them happy it doesn't matter what you think and it doesn't matter if they spent $5 or $500, it is their choice.

• I don't spend money on stuff. The only things I buy are food and Pepsi. I do not need objects to make myself, happy.

• I never meant to make it about consumerisim, even though it ended up being about that. I just think consumerism is bad. What really bothers me, is how consumerism has ruined Chrismtas time. Chrismtas used to be about family, and freinds, but consumerism has ruined the true meaning of this time of year.

• maybe for some people it has, but I know a lot of people that haven't forgot the true meaning of Christmas. It's something people tend to find again as they get older, or at least most do. The whole world isn't as bad as you think.

What Girls Said 14

• I don't spend thousands of dollars, in fact I get some pretty great deals on clothes. I love boots for the winter. They're warm, they keep snow off my feet, and they look cute. I like heeled boots too (hey they look cuter than those big ugg boots right?). I'm not doing it for the boys I do it for me. I want shoes for the weather that look cute too and make me feel good as well.

• I'm pretty sure they glorify men being whores much more often on jersey shore than women. Or are men "allowed" to be whores by your definition?

• As a girl who loves boots I could care less what any guy thinks of it. I don't buy boots to make guys happy or to get their attention, I buy them because I like them. Different people like different things, girls tend to like clothes. Your question about boots can be asked about any article of clothing and the answer will most likely be, "I don't know, I just like them." Take into consideration that most of what girls do has nothing to do with guys, our world doesn't revolve around you.

• It's winter. You can't expect girls to wear the same shoes in the winter time as they do in the summer. Why does it matter to you why girls wear boots? If you don't care what they wear, why make a big deal about it? You don't care about boots or shoes, and that's fine. But don't criticize a girls preference and love for shoes or boots. I'm not sitting here and criticizing guys that only have two pairs of sneakers. Why? Cause I don't care how many they have... it's not my place to make judgments like that.

I like them, and I don't care what a guy thinks or says about them, and why should I care? I don't dress for guys... I dress for myself.

• Well it's winter time pretty much. What do you expect? If a girl loves expensive boots she probably loves other expensive shoes or articles of clothing too. When it's summer time, she probably obsesses over expensive sandals or flats. It's her money, she can spend it on what she wants. Everyone has different obsessions.

• Snow boots are good, but that is really all anyone needs. It is waste to spend hunderds of dollars on a pair of boots.

• QA: That's your opinion. Maybe she has lots of money? If she can afford it, why can't she buy it? Especially if it's something she loves. Besides, you said they're "just shoes" so why do you care if they're expensive or not?

• My life wouldn't be any different without them but I like the way they look, they are warm in winter and they are pretty much the only thing you can combine with a dress if you don't want to wear open shoes.

There are boots that look bad, like those link link link but I think most look actually very nice

If you want to wear heels, they are usually more comfortable than pumps.

• Wearing an article of clothing does not make you obsessed with it. I really want boots right now and it has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not guys find them attractive. They look warm and comfy and the cute ones are cute. Why are so so offended by them? "They are just a type of shoe", after all.

• I mean, I could ask why guys are so obsessed with shirts. I mean sheesh, what is with them wearing shirts all the time? They are just a type of clothing.

• If someone has a pair or two that is fine, I am talking about these girls who have closets full of shoes. I mean they have throw away so much money that they could save for college, or the future.

• Having three hundred pairs of shoes is excessive. It doesn't matter if they're snow boots or flip flops.

However, it's hard NOT to spend hundreds on shoes, if you want ones that will actually last you more than a week. I'll typically buy shoes in the $100-$150 range. I see no point in buying cheap, uncomfortable, badly made shoes.

• Probably the same reason some girls are obsessed with shoes and purses and clothes in general. Some girls will spend thousands of dollars on any piece of clothing or accessory.

I think boots are cute, especially during the colder months. And maybe some girls aren't wearing boots with the intent to attract a guy, maybe they simply like to wear boots.

Find yourself a girl who doesn't like boots, and all will be well.

• I woul dnever not date agirl becuase she wears boots, It just seems like a dumb obession, like guys who obsess oiver sports.

• I have never seen a girl obsess over boots alone the same way some people obsess about sports. Clothes in general maybe, but not just boots.

• Everyone has the interests-- whether it be sports or fashion. But I agree, I have never met anyone who has really obsessed over boots.

• I don't have any boots.:( Lol.

• dont really care what guys think for two reasons 1: I like them so ill wear them 2: I'm a lesbian so there's your arguement down the drain

• I love high heel boots (and shoes), because I am too short and they can make me look higher. but I don't think I am obssesed with them - I have just 3 pairs of winter boots.

• Jersey Shore is just an idiotic spectacle, and most people know it.

• The sad thing is it imprints on many young people and it makes them think they are cool. Just like Hollywood in General. Lady Gaga is the worst, and so many people love her. I mean she is a freak, and a terrible person. Have you ever seen her video telephone? It should be banned. Modern society just has no morals, and it really bothers me.

• You do realize that at this point, the topic has nothing whatsoever to do with boots, right?

• Yeah I know it's of topic lol.

• cause we're girls lol. I don't follow what celebrities or reality shows or designers do, honestly girls don't have to follow that to like a certain type of shoes or clothing. I know that's not why I like boots.

• Because we like how they look and want to have more than one. You don't have to approve of boot wearing. I'm sure there is something you like that others might not understand. and if there is nothing you like, then that's pretty sad.

• i love material things and I couldn't give two sh*ts about whether or not men like what I put on my body. sure I want to be attractive to certain guys but when my credit card gets involved, its all about mama :)

and its not just boots for me - its ALL shoes :D

and you sound like a very weird person who has a serious problem with boots...get help with that. I'm concerned.

• i have a problem with materialstic people. I think it is imoral. We have become a society where objects, such as clothing and vidoe games, have become the most imprtant thing in our society. I mean if you did not have your vast collection of shoes would your life be any different. To prove my point some schools have had to ban Uggs, becuase it was becoming a status thing, and girls who could not afford them were picked on.

• It is the fashion industiores fault for the way they market these products to people. If they did no tmarket them in a way where they made people think they need them, and it makes them better, than everyone, thsee problems would not exist. And I higly doubt you are irresistable. I am 23. I am not part of any subculture. I am straight edge, (whcih means I do not smoke, do drugs, or drink. I am not poor at all.

• I just happened to believe modern society is corrupting morals. Look at the Jersey shore, it glorifes women, being whore, and men being idiots. Look at people like Lady Gaga, they sing songs priasing Judas, and priasing having Sex with random people. The whole Hollywood/MTV/Fashion industry has destoryed morals.

What Guys Said 6

• Heels are pointless, unless you think thinner ankles, better shaped calves, longer legs and more protruding asses look good, in which case heels are pretty awesome.

• @Update...

I definitely agree, but I don't think Jersey Shore has very much to do with women wearing boots. Sure maybe they're "in" with popular figures, but the issue their is the behavior that is being glorified, not necessarily style, tho I'm not saying women should dress like some figures in pop-culture either, but boots aren't a big deal...

• I think boots look cute on girls, so I don't know what you're talking about... ;) You're right about boots with heels tho, don't like those at all.

• Speak for yourself, I think boots on women looks extremely stylish and sexy, some are not nice but most girls have good taste.

• I'm pretty much the opposite to the guy who started this thread. I just love boots on women ... the way they look, the sound they make, everything!

• Well, using that reasoning, your problem isn't with boots but with obsessions in general.