What does the ''cakey fundation'' term mean??

I've always wondered where the term cakey foundation comes from can anyone post a link or pic so that I can get an idea?

Most Helpful Girl

• When there is so much makeup (usually foundation and eye shadow) that it comes off on almost anything that comes into contact with that person's face aka oompa-loompa link

This girl would be so much prettier if she wore way LESS makeup link

What Guys Said 4

• The idea is that the foundation is "caked on", meaning that it's not very good, and it's laid on way too thick, and it's clumps when she moves her face, and kinda resembles the texture of cake. For example, this. link

• First of all...guys are much more agreeablt to NO MAKEUP than the vast majority of females are willing to be believe...2nd of all..most guys are fine with some makeup..particularly as it relates to enhancing a females eyes...I am personally an advocate of mascara (probably should wear it myself../:) but most males HATE HATE HATE cheek & face crap: concealer, blush and ESPECIALLY foundation & bronzer../:/:/:/:/:

link

• thanks for answering I now know what it means (:

• Haha, cakey is having a big butt.. Cakey foundation means having visibly too much make-up on.

• it's when you put too much on that your face looks like it was frosted

What Girls Said 5

• "Cakey foundation" is just a term used to describe when it's obvious you're wearing foundation. Like so: link link

• When you have makeup so thick on that it looks like a plastic mask.

• When there's way too much chunky foundation on your face And your face pretty much looks like a mashed on cake

• It looks thick lumpy blotchy and didn't match the skin

• Like someone who is plastered with make up! You can't see the real person cos the mask of foundation is like 1cm thick!