Girls would you wear old fashioned dresses?

Like these types of dresses link , the kind from the 1700’s-1800’s, assuming you could make them comfortable would you ever wear them in public or private?

Updates:
The one I linked was a example by the way, I just meant that general style of dress from that period.
What if one day almost every girl in your town started dressing like that? Would the fact that a vast majority of people are dressed like that change your mind?
link Can you guys answer this question.

0|0
15|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! not that one more like this link or this one

link

0|1
    0|0
    • I like thise too. Do you mind if I ask why you said yes?

• Show All
    • If you don't mind could you put that answer in the question in the link. thanks.

• Ok I did =D

What Girls Said 14

• It'd certainly be interesting but not very convenient. That dress looks heavy to drag around and way too warm to wear. Plus just walking around would get it dirty :P

0|1
    0|0
    • So only inside then?

• Show All
    • Halloween parties? I've heard of themed weddings and such with a 1800's theme and they seem interesting.

As for fabric, I'm not sure :P I don't know much about fashion or fabric types. I suppose it'd be alright as long as it wasn't 100% polyester(the heat) or thick cotton(The weight).

• Thanks for answering, I'm a weird dude,lol.

• i would practically clean streets with it-and not even get paid for it,how am I supposed to stick that in the washing machine?! and if I'm gonna wear a dress like that,i'd rather wear this link

0|1
    0|0
    • I like the one you linked. Why would you wear it and where?

• Show All
    • did not know that. well I guess nowadays if you wear a dress like that it would not have to be with a corset. What is the difference between the dress in my link and the one in your link?

• you would have to wear a corset,i mean,it wouldn't look as good without one. and your dress is more modern,western in style (which is only appropriate for o'hara). the one I showed you is from the 18th century-so it's much more soft and ''romantic'' in style. and to the update,yes,i'd feel much more comfortable if everybody did it,even if that does make me a conformist.

• What silver said only at a costume party other than that nope too much fabric for my body I would look like I'm drowning in it haha

0|1
    0|0
    • that would be fun to see.(:

• Maybe if it was shorter

0|1
    0|0
  • OMG! No, I like short skirts & dresses.

0|1
    0|0
    • I love your reaction,lol.

• i love those dresses x.x I would deffently wear them daily

0|1
    0|0
  • I would wear one just to see how it feels. As far as everyday fashion, no. It's just doing too much for me...

0|0
    0|0
  • hell no they are ugly and way too old fashioned

0|0
    0|0
  • For Halloween. Other than that, no way.

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't think so... I think I'd overheat :/

0|0
    0|0
    • what if overheating was not a issue?

• maybe at a costume party, but other wise, hell no !

0|0
    0|0
    • you mind if I ask why?

• I wouldn't mind them if they were the simple Victorian gowns.

link

1|1
    0|0
    • That would be cool to see to, I like that dress.

• If changed quite ALOT. Yes

0|0
    0|0
    • changed how?

• Show All
    • how much shorter, just for curiosity?

• Knee-length?

• absolutely not

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

No guys shared opinions.