Guys who smell good.. Turn on?

I finally decided to invest in some Polo blue.. Is it a big plus if a guy always smells good?

Most Helpful Girl

• If I like a guy, then the fact he wears cologne here and there, yes, I like it. So, the man makes the cologne, the cologne does not make the man. And, I also like my man smelling like a man if he just worked out or just woke up, but not because he is lazy and has poor hygiene.

Oh, yes, and I second the motion that an overpowering spray of it is a turn off. You should have enough so that I can smell it when I am close to you, not enough so that everyone else in the room can smell it too. A little goes a long way.

What Girls Said 60

• I had a dream once, of a guy wearing colonge and I told him he smelled really good! And

then I woke up and realized it was only just a dream! : ( Needles to say I like nice man

scent, and it doesn't even have to be colonge. It could be lavender scented body wash

or power fresh deoderant, as long as he has a pleasent scent I'm a happy camper! : )

• Omg yes...its so inviting. I like clean smells. When you can still smell their laundry detergent on their clothes :) makes me happy.

• Yes, but too much of it is a turn off. I was sitting in a plane once and I could smell the guy in front of me without effort. I gagged quite a few times.

• Smelling good is always a turn on. My ex had a natural body scent that I loved, and I'm still feeling nostalgic when I smell something that reminds me of his scent :)

Now, cologne should be used very carefully. It can get over powerful really quickly, and become a turn off ^^'

• Yep :P especially that David Beckham cologne mmm... ahhh... lol if I smell it when walking past a guy I have to stop a minuite and sniff it hehe.

• Just ask yourself if a girl smelling good is a turn on

• I don't like cologne. I prefer the way guys smell naturally, especially after a bit of physical activity. Before it turns to BO though. The happy medium. Its the sexiest smell in the world to me.

• Definitely a big plus\turn on :D wear it when you're out with the gals, I'm sure she'll love it <3

• No sh*t Sherlock! I'm sorry...I don't mean to be mean...but don't you prefer things when they smell really nice to the bad smells? Doesn't everyone? Isn't this common sense? I'm just saying. ;P B.O. is one of the biggest turnoffs in the book I'd think. xD Your question made me chuckle! ;P Wow...wow. LMAO!

• Well I kinda wondered if no smell was better than a smell someone may not like. Thanks jerk :(

• It all depends on the individual...for example..for me..lol..I don't have to put perfume on to smell good...I just take a shower and all and I naturally smell good. I don't smell out of this world fantastic obviously..but I smell clean. Is that what you meant? Some people will like your natural scent..some won't...some will like some colognes...some won't. As long as you don't smell like sh*t...lol...because that never smells alright. ;D

• ...Like shower and deodorant and that's it...and the whole day..I smell good. :)

• yea that's one of the first thing a girl notices are his good looks and if he smells nice or not

• Does it turn YOU on when a GIRL smells good? I'm guessing it does. The trick is to not overdo it, whatever scent you choose to wear.

• well yes of course, but it shouldn't be so strong it's intoxicating. something very subtle... for example, I don't wear perfume often, because most of the time I use vanilla liquid soap in the shower, which does the trick. but when I do wear perfume, its not obvious...but I smell good.

What does Polo blue smell like anyways?

• Theres really no way to describe it. Its nice and really soft on your nose you just have to smell it. Its so good though, really clean smelling

• That seems perfectly fine, if you don't put too much of it. There's nothing worse then people who smell as if they had a perfume bomb explode on them.

• so yeah go for it!

• I like when guys smell like (real cologne) not axe or tag or other cheap smelling stuff. I think it is repulsive to smell your boyfriend a mile before you actually see him. So I like when my boyfriend just wears a soft masculine scent. I don't like when they lather it on. It can get annoying and actually run women away. If it is the right cologne it is a turn on. The smell of it on my clothes or when I get close to you is a turn on. It makes her think about you.

• Biggest turn on

• Yes. Obviously.

• Uh, yeah..

• Always, as long he doesn't over do it.

Ralph Lauren - Polo Blue and Giorgio Armani - Attitude

Axe is a no no..

I like the musky smell after a guy has worked out.

• what if you use ax a deodorant

• I actually like some of the ax scents even though I usually don't like smelly stuff. I actually smell a differnce with axe but I ususally can't with perfumes and colognes so I prefer axe as long as I can't taste

• Wow, aren't you too old for Ax? LOL

• I don't wanna smell a guy's cologne unless I am standing right next to him. My boyfriend wears something that I can only smell when we are close. Smelling good is nice but don't wear too much and stink up the entire room.

• Of course, no need to even ask this! xD

• ofcourse

• Ohhh, definitely. lol Huge plus(:

But I'm more into the deodorant smelling really good, like whenever we hug or something. Not into the cologne thing all that much.

But good job, TURN ON.

• i do think it is a big plus when a guy smells good, but not when it is overpowering, ya know? I love guys colognes, sometimes more than girls perfumes ha ha :-)

• I might not like a guy but he seems really good to me that I can help but be attracted. I don't think he use anything except body wash and deo.

• Yes! If you walk past and there is a nice aroma in the air it is a definite plus as well as an attention grabber. If I smell it, I'm going to want to know who it's coming from.

• Yeah, most definitely :D

• OH yes! You're also selecting a good cologne! Ralph Lauren makes THE best cologne for men IMO. I love all of them.

• I LOVE it when a guy makes an effort to smell good.Its the best!

• yes, yes it is.

• Yes, but everyone likes different scents

• Yes! :D

• More from Girls
    30

What Guys Said 9

• Of course its a turn on for women! How sexy is it when a woman smells incredible!?!My advice is forget the Polo Blue and get something a real man would wear. Look into some Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum or some Trumper Eucris. Anything that includes natural scents like herbs, citrus plants, flowers, and spices is absolutely incredible. I shave with straight razors and just the shaving cream I use has such a powerful, natural scent, it can be smelled on my skin after I'm done shaving and it's Taylor Sandalwood from London, hasn't changed since the 1800s.

• The human body is an amazing thing. Our tongues have there own print just like how our fingerprints are each unique. The same goes for our natural smell or "musk" that our bodies produce via sweat glands. The pheromone we produce is from our more basic "animal" side, and is its own unique chemistry that triggers receptors in the female brain. The same goes for females, and it was this way, along with our dominant nature that would attract a mate (for those who believe in evolution lol) Colognes today are derived from our natural scents and then mixed with other variations. In an effort to produce a more heightened response from the opposite gender. But as I read some of the comments below, too much can be a bad thing. Just like how a really sweaty guy who is pungent with his own scent can be a turn off for some if not most girls (not my ex, she loved it for some reason). So in conclusion, it is good, and obviously a very common practice amongst both sexes. Just keep in mind, you only need a little bit, one drop on each side of your neck, then spray the mist in front of you and walk through it. That's all you need :) Happy hunting

• I think the vast majority of girls would agree to this. Personal hygiene is very important. It's always good to smell fresh and clean ha ha :)

• No of course not, they prefer guys that smell like a hobo. By the way your taste in colgne is kinda sh*t. Get paco rabanne, giorgio armani, tom ford, or carolina herrera. These I have found are the best brands, especially to impress a woman.

• I sure hell don't want to smell like sh*t lol.

• I use Acqua Di Gio and people always say I smell like weed lol.

• guys who ask stupid questions, turn off?

• Yeah Dude , obviously . I would ALWAYS try to smell good around women.

• nigga I smell like sh*t and I still get bitches hahhaha