Girls, what do you think of low-rise jeans?

Do you consider them out of fashion too much or do you not care about trendiness and still like them? Please explain why you do like them or do not like them.

Btw, I'm talking about tight/skinny jow-rise jeans, not baggy ones.

Most Helpful Girl

• I love low-rise jeans. But they sometimes get annoying when I sit or bend over. It's very awkward at work with them because it's a pretty nice place, and definitely not the place for my thong to show :D But lately I have been preferring jeans with a bit higher rise. It's mainly because of my hips. I believe that the low-rise jeans have cut into my hips over the years, so I have no hips. Nice breasts, stomach, waist, ass, legs... But no hips :/

• Haha, you thong shows too when you bend over or sit down? Mine too! lol

• Yup, sure does. And I don't like wearing belts so I'm constantly pulling my jeans up :D Gets pretty awkward :/

What Guys Said 3

• The whole point of pants is to cover you properly.

The low-rise ones don't cover you properly when you bend or sit or do whatever, it's annoying by principle.

• I still like them

• I like them but when you sit or bend they are weird.
    When I bend my ass shows.
    When I sit, the back pulls down showing my ass while the front of the jeans pull tight in the thighs and crotch.

What Girls Said 15

• Hmm I used to wear them but I find them very uncomfortable and you always have to be careful of how much is showing (at the back) haha..

I also think it accentuates the hip too much (on me at least) & makes my legs appear shorter (but seriously who really cares).

I don't think they're in fashion except maybe around surf culture but I don't really care about that either, it's fine to wear if someone wants to.

I guess it can be quite sexy?

• I forgot to mention that I was talking about tight low-rise jeans, not baggy ones. Did you mean tight ones?

• High-waisted was in for quite a bit, now that's out too but that would have added to low-rise not being in fashion for awhile.

Umm also it depends on your location. I don't know what the fashion is like in Germany. :P

• I don't think the fashion (of young people) is much different than in the USA. The only difference I guess is, fashion from Italy and France is more present, while fashion from the USA always needs some time before it is present here.

• I don't really care if they're out of style. I actually find them more comfortable. when I wear higher waisted pants I always find myself adjusting them, especially while I'm sitting. which is really annoying when I'm trying to drive. I feel like there's to much fabric on my stomach :s and they gap at the back. I don't have that problem with lower rise jeans. I guess it depends on your body type. for me, low rise are just more comfortable

• i have jeans that say they're low-rise, but they all seem normal-rise to me lol.

as long as I can bend over and not have my butt crack showing I'm fine with whatever

• Not a big fan. They are too uncomfortable for me. I don't like how I look in them either.

• I prefer them over higher rise because it elongates my figure.

• I absolutely HATE them but it isn't about fashion I have always hated low-rise jeans because I find them really uncomfortable I just feel like they fit wrong. When I was younger I didn't wear jeans because I could never find nice high-rise ones. It isn't about being fashionable it is about comfort and fit because I have a small waist and larger hips/thighs/ ass so low-rise jeans will fit everywhere but I won't be able to do them up because they sit way too low on me. I have 3 pairs of jeans that go to my waist ( link ) and 3 pairs that are a little lower. I think girls/women should wear what they are most comfortable in/ what suits them regardless of what is the current trend.

• Interesting, I find them very comfortable actually. So besides how they feel to you, what do you think how they LOOK?

And by the way, I really don't care about current trends, my question was actually if I am the only girl left who thinks they look nice...

• I think they look good on the right girl, they tend to look better on skinny girls.

• They give me "crack attacks".

That basically means..they are so low the crack of my ass is exposed for everyone and thier mama's to see.

• i love wearing them. they are SO comfortable! the only thing to worry about is showing someone your ass when you sit down, but that's what I wear a belt for with them(: but they really are so comfortable, unless you are sitting down somewhere criss crossed and the jeans accidently rip! (that's happended to me before in a public place) LMFAO! so wear them wth extreme CAUTION! hahaha :P

• Haha! But well, but if you wear underwear your ass won't be shown...

• oh I do wear underwear...it's like the jeans are too tight and they pull down the underwear with them when you sit down...so ass crack still shows haha!

• Haha, I have a smiliar problem...I only wear thongs and g-strings, and so my crack is always on display when I sit or crouch down, but with my whole thong/g-string showing too! lol

• Sooo I don't really follow trends just as long as something looks good on a person,then they should feel free to rock them,cus i`ve seem some low rise on some people and it was just alllll badd! but ya I like em still!

• I think if they look good on you that is all that matters. I don't really care that much about "in or out" of fashion. I will wear whatever makes me look and feel feminine, sexy and attractive. I don't mean slutty. With my choice of clothes I rely on guys' opinions what looks good on a woman rather than on womens opinion.

• I don't like them. They don't fit right on me and they're uncomfortable.

• Personally I like them and also own two low-rise pairs and like to wear them.

• I have two pairs. I don't have anything against them, but I do think that they are very uncomfortable. I wear them because they make my butt and legs look great! And no, they are not out of fashion, at least I don't think they are ;)

• I don't really like em too much. They're OK. Too easy to show off your buttcrack though

• They're the only kind if jeans I wear..

If I don't want that, I wear sweatpants or something..