What is considered a good looking guy?

What are the basic standards? And do non super attractive guys have shots with beautiful women? How can they compensate or even get a chance.

-.- this was not mean to apply to. Myself it was a general question geeze -.-

Most Helpful Girl

• Basic standards?

I've commonly noticed:

Height - preferably tall men to short men

Facial Features - Strong Jawline, symmetrical, fullish - thin lips, nice trimmed facial hair or clean shaven, darker eyes

Body - Athletic mainly preferred though degrees of bulk vary amongst women

Situation - Working ( preferred,) or strongly career oriented. Have some type of income.

Personality - Interesting, outgoing, funny, down to earth, tough but sensitive notion

Other - has some type of " game " with women, but not so much he comes off as a player. Idea that he wants to treat her good, but not spoil her or let her walk all over him.

These are just the basics I've noticed thus far - all the other smaller details vary greatly amongst the women themselves.

• sounds way to picky XD.

• Oh well of course she should be able to tell the difference - if she's wise enough. However,

To say that men with " game " or whatever are always manipulating women who are " weak " or whatever, is such bullsh*t. Yes some guys use their " game " for evil - whilst others use is harmlessly. That's what she should be able to tell the difference of.

But having " game " overall, doesn't mean he's an instant a**hole, or she's a dumb bitch.

Plain and simple.

• yeah but it means he has a lot of confidence and knows he's successful thus making him never really truly invested in one person for long periods of time. If quick fun relationships is what you want then he will be great but if you're looking for a long term boyfriend than there is a small probability he will stay loyal to you just saying.

What Girls Said 15

• every girl has different taste just like men have different taste, for example "CatholicVirginia" likes "grecian" guys and I happen to like scruffy hardworking kinda guys, so there's no general answer I can give you. however confidence in a man is attractive and a sense of humor is good to. make her smile and you just may have a chance.

• Precisely. And honestly, the Grecian thing (very masculine) is my ideal, but I've been attracted to these wimpy little pretty boys before.

• The best I can say is, for me, a good looking guy is Grecian. He has the handsome, chiseled face and fantastic physique of Michelangelo's "David*."

*Okay, who's going to be the first to make the joke?

• I can tell you that MY basic standards for a good looking guy look is Ryan Gosling. Not all women have the same idea as to what constitutes a guy to be good looking, so it's all a matter of opinion. I don't really believe that there is a basic standard. Different races have different opinions on what features and characteristics make a good looking man as well, so to form a "basic standard" is unrealistic in my opinion.

Yes, "non super attractive guys" do have shots with beautiful women. Looks are only the first part of attraction... what draws you in to that person. What really makes a woman fall for a man, is the personality.

• if the person you like doesn't like you because your not attractive why exactly would you like her in the first place

• why are you so focused on outward appearance? If you aren't gonna look at the inside of a woman how can you expect them to see past ugliness to find beauty? Physical looks only last for so long if only more people understood this their would be less shallowness. Its hard especially when you are very attractive because you are constantly getting attention so basically you could get who ever you wanted. The problem is is that if you always go for the most attractive person usually you don't end up very happy. The hottest people in the world usually have the worse problems its best to go for average looking league and in that league find the person that most attracts you inside and out.

• lol it's just a question didn't say I was using it as a guideline or anything I was just curious to the girl perspective.

• A good looking guy is considered by most to be above average face and body wise (refer to oOsweet~o~nessOo). As for whether or not he can attract a beautiful girl, that depends on the girl herself as an individual.

• since looks can fade on either side, over time, its best not to judge by looks. I know for a fact, I am not a beautiful woman, look wise, but I have a great heart, smile and personality. things that can make me "beautiful"

i have no standard for a guy, just because I find a guy nice looking, does not mean at all, id date him. a lot of really nice looking men are douche bags. so I go by overall character and if anything psyhical, its gonna be the eyes/smile. if it melts my heart, you are in

• he needs to be masculine..

no matter his characterisics he

must have a masculine figure

and be charming... : )

at least for me..! : D

• i think your good looking from your pic. so you have a chance with the hot girls. if you don't hv some already, get abs...it helps ALOT. girls just fall for a man with abs instantly. like moth to flame...

• Depends on girls and what they're attracted to as individuals.

I think you're pretty hot.

• Largely its more on the inside of a guy that matters. But outer appearance wise I would say decent height nice smile eyes and not excessively over weight.

• Well if even not-so super attractive guys still want beautiful women, why in the world would you believe beautiful women would date down?

• to answer your question: to avoid the a**holes, since on average universally good-looking guys are more likely to be players or dbags or aholes.

• Plenty of hot girls are bitches too, doesn't seem to fend you guys off. I'll take my chances finding a good looking guy who's also a good person, as I am a good looking girl and a good person.

• Plus, no offense, but only not-so attractive guys say that all good looking guys are jerks. That's such a huge untrue generalization in order to get a leg up on them.

• @ Update

Lol people and their assuming huh?

• You wanna know a secret?

It may disappoint you: There are no basic standards.

• It's the personality and character where you make up the difference. Even if you have the money and materials to make up the difference, I'd say hide them as you don't want to attract a pretty mess.

I've know quite a few stellar ladies to fall head over heels for a plain looking guy because he had a great personality and always seemed to make the girl feel special.

Across the board? There's no standard other than good hygiene, well groomed, and 'not-a-mess'. Since that definition can vary... Well. Best shot is to look sharp from hair to shoes, and stick to your definitions of the above, as if you felt you were going to be tested on them.

What Guys Said 2

• Lets see money, cool car, douche bag personality, more money. But of course women are gonna lie and tell you these things don't matter but they do.

• Channing Tatum, Cristiano Ronaldo look-a-like