Ladies, could you please help me figure out why powerlifter guys aren’t attractive to most women?

I asked a related question before, but I’m trying to understand the reasons why most women don’t prefer them.

I would’ve thought that these guys are big and strong and can easily protect you. They can also pick you up and carry you like nothing, if you enjoy being carried. Some extra muscle would also come in handy around the house or something. He even has more meat for you to hold and wrap your body around.

Am I wrong about this? I have some specific types in mind.

1. link

2. link (any)

3. link (on the right)

4. link (any)

I appreciate any thoughts.

Most Helpful Girl

• I find it very unattractive. Its just too much. Muscular guys are attractive, but that is just too bulky. I don't want to feel like a child standing next to a guy, its weird. A lot of women also prefer a leaner look and a lot of those guys are heavier (link 2 and 4). I would also never date someone because they are 'big and strong and can easily protect me', I'm dating someone because I like their personality and I also find them attractive (and these guys are not exactly attractive to me). I also prefer someone who is healthier in the sense that they eat right, stay lean and fit but aren't obsessed with building muscle (which you would have to be to get that big!)

• They aren't obsessed with building muscle. What made you assume that? They are "obsessed" with being the strongest and the baddest and setting world records--or going to the WSM.

What Girls Said 15

• I like powerlifters, but they are a little intimidating, and I would always worried about them getting injured, as it can be a dangerous hobby or sport.

Also, it takes a lot of time, energy, dedication, and lifestyle to be a powerlifter, and I feel like their significant other has to be at least supportive, and most girls aren't that into it.

• i personally didn't like any of the guys in the links, it was too much and unnatural... I am 5'8" so I'm kinda tall for a girl, and I tend to go for guys who are taller than me (usually at least 6') and I really like guys that are muscular, but not the ones in the links, more like Vin Diesel, Dylan Bruno, or Kellan Lutz... does that help?

• Despite the unique "I don't like muscles on men" responses you'll receive on here, MANY women do happen to like them

It's not my preference, but I certainly don't hate it. I tend to prefer taller, more lean guys but again, it's not a turn-off or deal breaker.

• because it's too big, it's gross looking.

• I love those types of guys too.

They're like big Teddy Bears.

Mmmmmm x]

• Well, I'm glad you do. (:

• Why thank you. I find your profile and your answers/comments to my questions quite noble and adorable. (:

• Aww ... *blush*

Thanks love.

I appreciate, that!

• I don't like huge muscles. I like athletic and ripped men. Athletes can do something interesting with their body. Huge muscles isn't bad but lifting heavy things is not skillful. There has to be some grace like a dancer.

• I see. So do you happen to enjoy dance or other activities that require agility, coordination and grace? Activities that you're looking to do with your partner?

• I like dancing but I'm not that great. I don't want to fall behind so I will also jog at least once a week because I don't want to be fat.

• You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Have you ever watching the World's Strongest man? Those guys blow away every other athlete on the planet in overall strength, agility, endurance, speed, and explosiveness.

• They're toooooo much muscles. And unnatural.

• I'm a small gal and if he's all bulky it feels like I'm wrapped in rocks

• Nnnah, they're not my type to be honest. It just doesn't do anything for me.

• That ain't natural

• 1.) I'm just not attracted to the incredible hulk. I prefer a man who looks human size. I probably wouldn't even pay attention to the guy if he just happend to walk past me, he would really have to speak to me first in order for me to see him. I don't see him. Just like how guys don't notice girls that they do not find attractive like fat girls, butch girls, ugly girls. Its just what triggers in my brain as attractive, no offensive but this type of guy would really have to work hard to pique my interest.

2.) some of these guys use steroids which is a major turn off for me. Steroids make a man super hostile and shrink his testes and I'd just rather not deal with any of that mess

3.) guys who spend so much time working out usually have dull personalities especially the ones who work out like 8 hours a day, they are absoloutley no fun because all they know is working out. We can't talk about the latest movies, good foods, other fun events and activiteis, he can't show me around the city because all the guy is interested in is working out 8 hours, he could defintiely show me around a gym though.

4.) A man who likes to take charge and be a leader, show me new things is one who really can turn me on so if you are a guy who can only talk to me about working out then that leaves me to be the one to introduce you to other fun things in life and I just don't want to be the leader all the time it might be cute at first but after a while I will get bored and start feeling like I don't even want to hang out with you anymore and will end up being drawn to a guy who is more fun and interesting.

i just know what type of person I am and I just know what I like. I also know what I need in a relationship, and I know what I need sexually, so pretty much, if a guy is all hulked out but yet we both have the same wants and needs then I can totaly get passed his hulkness but he is really gonna have to get my attention and show me thoes other sides of him so that I will consider.

• I like skinny guys

• I like skinny skaters and metrosexuals so idk

• I'd be sCared if they turned on me.

Natural is better.

They look fat, in a muscular sort of way...

• Because they are unnatural and too obsessed with gym

What Guys Said 5

• Hey. I know I'm not a lady, but I've studied bodybuilding since I was a freshman in college in 1998. I didn't see my first bodybuilder ever, in person or otherwise, until I got my first magazine of FLEX in 1998. I studied and studied. Nutrition and lifts and way too much emphasis on supplements. I was always fascinated by the way these guys can get so huge and yet I never gained very much muscle at all. It's only this year that I finally got enough motivation to start lifting hardcore and I won't be in a "position" to really dedicate myself to it until I go away to school again this August.

I'm sure you know there's a difference between powerlifting and bodybuilding. Some bodybuilders are powerlifters and sure, powerlifters have to beef up, but it's not true bodybuilding.

Every woman, and man for that matter, that I've ever met in my life besides one guy, just one guy in the past 14 years thought that these guys were way too big and looked gross. I, myself, am heterosexual. I find nothing appealing sexually about big guys. It's an art form. Like ballet or any other sport, although most people don't consider bodybuilding a sport and I can't think of anyone that considers ballet a sport either. Bodybuilding is more of a form of art whereas powerlifting is more of a sport. Powerlifting they have in the Olympics, not bodybuilding.

You got to think about yourself in this respect. Are you getting big for yourself? Or are you getting big for the ladies? There are women out there that like big guys, but usually they're fitness amateurs or competitors themselves that understand it all. I'm not questioning your motive for getting big. But if you're doing it already or want to do it, do it for you and you alone. There's a saying: "Weights before dates." It doesn't mean bodybuilding comes before women. But someone will fall or already has fallen for you because you are you. It has nothing to do with how beefed up you are.

Who's your favorite bodybuilder? Mine was Gunter Schlierkamp even though he's no longer competing. He's never admitted to whether he used steroids or not, but honestly I appreciate the guys that can get big without roids and hormones. Every bodybuilder uses supplements. Even protein powder is considered a supplement, as I'm sure you know.

Just stay cool, stay strong, and do it for you. Worry about what other people think, women especially, when or if you've already gotten to the point where you're at your goal size or you've plateaued and can't get any bigger without turning to sports enhancing illegal drugs.

Peace.

• It's not aesthetic because it's to extreme. Extremes are not pleasing. It's like most guys want a lean girl, but if she's anorexic, that's not attractive.

We don't live in the wild, it's not as engrained in their brains to want someone who can protect them.

• probably cause they are not proportional looking

• Cause they're all on roids.

• Women like different types of guys. Also women on birth control pills have also been shown to prefer more feminine men. So medication is altering what many women would have otherwise found attractive.

• Oh, I wasn't aware of the medication effects.

• lol that's some bull about the birth control pills. We are attracted to different men at different stages in their life. some women may be attracted to a man who seems to be more like a bad boy type because they are at a stage in their life where they just want to party, where as some women may be attracted to a husband type when they are at a stage where they want to settle down. Now what we think looks like a husband/bad boy type will varry amongst women. my bff and I have way opposite tastes.

• On regards to birth control changing a woman's preferences, scientists have evidence saying otherwise.