Do you judge girls based on how they dress?

a friend of mine keeps complaining that guys never want something more than sex from her.

Now I don't know but I feel this partly is because of the way se dresses and I think a lot of girls have that problem. She often wears outfits like that link link link

link

link link link link link

Now I know those aren't super slutty, but personally I wouldn't wear them. And I think guys get the wrong impression of her when they see her in it.

Before I carefully tell her anything like that, I would like to get some second opinons.

So guys if you see a girl in outfits like that, what do you think? Makes the way a girl dresses her any more or less dateable?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing wrong with the clothes per se. But if you wear them in a setting where most other people expose way less skin acreage then not matter what she intends to signal with wearing these clothes, it will be understood by most onlookers as she wants to appear sexy. And appearing sexy, or even sexier than the surroundings does lead ones mind quite easily to the conclusion that one would be interested in sex. So the guys offer.. Not really strange.

When you advertise a need, it is hardly shocking that people come offering.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes I do judge girls on how they dress. In a very general manner though. I won't assume to know what kind of person they are, but I will be cautious of them if they dress provocatively. I personally avoid any relationship that doesn't hold any emotional value, and when a girl dresses like that, either she is trying to get guys in bed, or she genuinely enjoys dressing as such. The problem is the assumptions guys make, so she will attract guys who are looking for sex by dressing like that. I personally wouldn't approach her because I don't want to take the chance that she may not be looking for an emotional connection.

• Men do make assumptions based on how people dress. Heck, people in general do. Especially for first impressions. Some of those outfits weren't bad, but some, particularly the last one, were a very revealing, which would give many men the impression of "slut".

• SMH. You can't "dress slutty". You can only act slutty in the clothes you're in. If she's acting slutty, then she's slutty. The only way I would judge her in this case, is that it would only make me think she's a rich snob, not slutty!

• I think it's a little slutty. But I dnt judge a girl by what she wears, but I can tell what type of person she is. A shy girl, snob, punk, classy etc.

• no, I don't judge them based on how they dress.

• appearance makes a big difference. Conservative girls won't attract as many guys who want sex because they seem less likely to put out. I would have to see how she carries her self in those clothes before I would put a label on her.

What Girls Said 2

• Well I sure hope so or esle there has been a huge disconnect between genders... Because girls dress to be judged, without question. We wear sweats and baggy clothes when we want people to leave us alone, we pull out our tight jeans and LBDs when we want attention... So unless we as a gender have been thinking wrong, what we wear is specifically asking for certain judgment. So for her to whine is nauseating because she's asking for it literally.

• Ya I judge like what her personailty might be like that's about it