Who's embarrassed by panty lines?

I don't understand where this VPL fear stems from.

I never knew that girls hated VPL because they find them embarrassing. Some girls have even said that wearing thongs/g-strings or no panties at all are less modest than wearing bikini and boyshort panties. I just thought that they like wearing thongs/g-strings because they think it's sexier and because the illusion of not wearing any underwear is more alluring to men.

Am I the only person that's not embarrassed by VPL?

I'm sorry but I would be far more embarrassed by a guy looking at my ass and imagining that I don't have on any panties.

What about visible bra line? I see a lot of girls with that. Why care so much about panty lines and not bra lines?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like vpl. I just think it looks tacky and detracts from the pants so to speak. Your eyes are more focused on the panty lines instead of the pair of pants, skirt, dress or whatever. I also think no one should really be able to tell what underwear you have on. No one should be able to tell whether or not I'm wearing panties that day. And I hate visible bra lines as well, but I get them all the time. One of my boobs is about a cup size smaller than the other which causes the bra to gap and make a line. It bothers me but there isn't much I can do about it compared to vpl, where I can wear a thong or go commando.

There are times where vpl isn't that bothersome though:

link

Something like this is just way too much in my opinion:

link

• Okay thanks for explaining in an intelligent way. I can sorta see where you're coming from.

Yeah the second link is bad. That's because her panties are too small, combined with a light colored, thin stretchy material. Bad combo.

What Guys Said 7

• There is this PERFECTLY AMAZING woman, in the office, and she was wearing these tight, lime-green jeans, and she was leaning over, talking with another. She had the MOST AMAZING PANTY LINE EVER!!!
    It's little things, like that, the PERFECT VIEW, of you looking AMAZING, in a way you never imagined!!!
    I actually like seeing the occasional bra strap, accidentally, or the lace trim of her panties, as she leans close, in jeans, or a little cleavage, and lacy bra, as she leans over!! It's just something nice, and makes them more 'beautiful', with the unintentional showing. . .
    I would rather see a visible panty line, than none, thinking she was wearing nothing, or 'anal floss'!
    Ultimately, she should be comfortable, regardless of what I like. . . .

• I don't get it at all..i used to love panty lines and bra lines...I hate that thongs make them disappear and I think that thongs are so gross...covers her wonderful front and yet shows off her ass which I care nothing for and has that gross strap up her ass.../:/:/:

• The problem is guys would not know if you are wearing a thong or you are not wearing anything. When there are no panty lines, guys may think you are either wearing a thong or nothing.

• the love panty lines. it a nice preview of whats underneith

• Yesterday when I was waiting on a bench at my college for one of my friends to show up there was a girl about 20 feet away sitting at a table with her back to me. I did not notice at first but when I looked again I noticed her black underwear were see able through her white dress, so some girls have no problem showing.

• Thongs suck and I don't mind panty lines

• I don't see what the deal is either. I think it looks fine.

What Girls Said 6

• Ew yes! I hate wearing tight sweats, or jeans and you've got an ugly panty line cutting your ass quarter way up! It doesn't look nice it drives me nuts! I only wear thongs for this reason. I don't like what thongs look like when I am naked, too much butt, but they are necessary! I wear the lace ones though, the thin lace doesn't show any lines and they are nicer looking. I don't like the plain ol G string

• I am, they ALWAYS show when I wear sweats. So I stopped wearing them no matter how comfy they are,

• I wear pantyhose almost every day without panties so I never have panty lines.

• It looks tacky and can make a girl look as though she bought pants that are too tight

And bra lines look bad too. Bra bulge is terrible

• So we should all basically wear seamless spandex suits with no undergarments. Thanks for the one star boo

• I didn't give you one star, as I never rate questions

But ok

• VPL just looks bad. It ruins a good outfit and just...doesn't look good at all.

• Lol I don't care if I have panty lines or not... its not like people are gonna say "omg look you can see her panty line!" xD Everyone wears underwear, so...