Can a guy like a girl without talking to her? I NEED OPINIONS?

I noticed one guy who basically just looks at me not all the time, but sometimes when we pass each other. We haven't talk to each other yet. It's our first semester in University. I can't really tell whether he looks at me in lectures and during classes because he sits at the back, so I have NO idea. I would like to hear any GUYS perspective

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Yes a guy can like a girl (for any reason) without approaching her or talking to her (actually so can a girl)

2. He probably sits at the back so that he can look at you without you knowing he's looking at you

3. He does this probably cause he doesn't want you to think he's gunning for you though he wants to approach you. Your saying a 'hi' to him may break the ice

4. Though not asked for but am throwing this in - he may be just attracted sexually to you so be clear to him and yourself (when you do begin to talk if you do) about that before you embark on something with your own thoughts.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, but it's just a simple crush. Nothing comes out of just staring at someone.

• Seriously ? I might be this guy !

Jokes aside, there is this girl at my university, I sit in the row behind her so I can stare at her without her noticing, because I am very shy and unexperienced.

I still need to build the courage to talk to her, but it would be a lot easier if she just say "hello" to me, I just need a sign and I will do what I have to do.

I thank you, now I know girls can notice our stares.

• That's because girls expect the guys to make the first move. Thanks anyway =)

• i used to know a girl who this to me.

short answer yes

• Yeah he probably likes you but is too shy to go and talk tou you. Try to mke it so you walk out of the room at the same time and then talk about the class.

• Infatuation? Yep.

Love? Then you have to get to know her...

• yes. guys can lust for a girl with out ever talking to her. maybe you can go up to him and say hi first. you don't have to ask him out or anything. just let him know it's okay to talk with you.

• maybe he likes you! you should try to make out a convo wid him sometym...who knows, you would get a nice guy ;)

• If I get the chance, I can't simply talk to him randomly, it might feel awkward. BTW the guy is Russian

• hmmm correct..you should strt the convo by askin for some help..u knw

• Yes, I have liked girls that I never talked too or that I had only said a few words too. He could like you but it is hard to tell because when I walk past girls I look at them whether I like them or not. If you like him back you could try talking to him.

• Which girl are you in your profile pic?

• Thanks. The guessing part I will leave it up to you, cause I won't say.

• I figured you would say that.

What Girls Said 1

• How do you know he's Russian...?

Anywho, just make sure you acknowledge him when you walk by - smile, say hi - whatever feels comfortable at the time :)

I've been in this situation before. It actually resulted in a short relationship (short because he was graduating, I'm working abroad for a year and I didn't want to do long distance) but all it took was a smile and a comment about the weird noise his laptop was making ;)

Good luck, and try not to leave it too long or he'll probably get snapped up by someone else! (also happened to me)

• My lecturer asked him where is he from, then he said his from Russia. Thanks for the comment