Why do some guys always want a girlfriend

I've realized that a lot more guys are always looking for a girlfriend. Then when they can't find one or have one they get really bummed and upset. They usually post it all the time over a social website or I hear them complaining about not being able to find a girlfriend such as " man, I'm just looking for a girl...why can't I find her". I never realized how hard it is for some guys to find girls. You would think that most guys would be able to find a girl or at least go do other things while waiting. But why do some guys make it seem like it's the end of the world if they don't have a girlfriend? I know why some girls are like that but why would a guy need a girlfriend?

Most Helpful Guy

• Currently in society a male is still not seen as a worthy male, unless he has been able to attract a woman. If a guy is alone it is assumed he unworthy of a woman. Women use to have this same problem but in recent years more women have learned not to judge their worthiness on whether or not they have a man. Unfortunately men are still being lead to believe they won't ever be happy without a woman in his life.

Some men always want a girlfriend, because they lack the social skills to ever get one, and remain alone for long stretches of time. It can be very painful to be alone for so long.

Some guys just want a sex partner.

Some guys want to eventually get married and have a family. A man needs a girlfriend if he ever hopes to get a wife.

What Guys Said 4

• Regretfully, some guys place way too much importance on having a girlfriend, and it depresses them if they cannot obtain one. They don't realize how to just go on with their lives. These people men refer to with things like AFC. Average. Frustrated. Chump. Unfortunately many of them are not willing to mature or learn about dating and women.

• We have feelings too... We also want to be loved and cared for! We don't ask out a girl unless we really like them

• Status. Sex. Two good common reasons.

• and why do us guys have to be more mentally independent then girls do when it comes to dating and relationships? a girl can get away with wanting or needing a boyfriend for validation but not the other way around

• everything I can't stand that us guys have to make other things and other areas in our life more important then meeting and attracting women unfortunately

What Girls Said 3

• Why do some guys always want a girlfriend?

Most likely for steady sex and ego boost as I find the guys always looking for a girlfriend tend to have no to little experience with gals, no willing sexual options, and an idealized view of a relationship being one that will solve all his problems (loneliness, lacking social skills, etc).

But why do some guys make it seem like it's the end of the world if they don't have a girlfriend? I know why some girls are like that but why would a guy need a girlfriend?

Probably because a girlfriend would be the only romantic/sexual female contact they could have. In my experience most guys do not want gfs going by how it's commonly seen as being trapped/losing freedom/ball and chain and those that do especially to the extent you described only due so because they have a complete 'void' they think a girlfriend will fix.

• Sex

• The guy probably just wants to get laid and usually they're very picky. But some aren't picky. Like my boyfriend went out with a girl for a month, but then dumped her because he said she was ugly and all he wanted was the sex.