Wearing heels to class in high school?

Okay, I'm not talking about stripper heels, I'm talking about these specific ones actually

link

the heels are 3.5". I'm not concerned about my feet hurting, but I am concerned about tripping on the stairs hahah.

fact is, I just love heels. I think they look great on me and I feel so much more confident in them, but would you look down on me for wearing these to school?

Honest opinions please :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Let me get this out of the way before I answer: you shouldn't care what anyone thinks of you. In any context. It shouldn't matter. It should only matter when you WANT it to matter, and not many people I know want people to scrutinize what they wear on the daily. Once you grasp that, you'll just do things through your own intuition based on what you enjoy or value.

Now, as for the socially conditioned half of this answer, heels tend to push a womans sexual perception upwards, in the eyes of society anyways. Heels make women look more powerful, look to be of higher status, more social prowess, etc etc.

But we all know in high school it just makes the boys wanna f***.

No one will look down on you (per se) but heels will cause you to be more objectified. Lets face it, makes your legs and ass look great, and if theyre great already, amazing.There's no avoiding it. But, if you don't mind the attention, yeah you'll be loved more by boys and hated more by females.

What Guys Said 10

• High heels in high school is not slutty or inappropriate. Girls wear all kinds of shoes there. If you like wearing them because they look good on you and make you feel confident, then they are perfect.

• Noooooooooooooooooo

this is high SCHOOL

not

high HEELS school

in HS you are informal. gal next door buddy, friend, teammate

Save your formal self for special guys & events or IT won't BE special

link = not working

• Plenty of girls wore heels, wedge saddles, etc. when I was in high school. Plenty also weore flats or sneakers. Wear what you want, there's just shoes... *All the girls scream huuuhh! Sacrilege! =O*

• I would have no problem if I saw a girl wear heels to school, it would be a nice change of pace to see.

• Doesnt matter to me, but I don't care for heals period.

• I think you would look good wearing them. They really show off the legs as well especially calf muscles. Oh and the link doesn't work.

• I do not like high-heeled shoes for women. Looks quite unattractive. I think we should not go.

Also, Can you answer my question?

• you could totally rock those

• Why would you want to wear some uncomfortable shoes when your running around every hour up and down stairs, down the hallways to your locker, across the school to the caf and your next class. Its not really practical.

• if you like it, go ahead...why should you care wht people think?

What Girls Said 18

• wear em, and bring a pair of flats with you if you change your mind or your feetsies hurt :) That's what I used ta da

• Heels in high school is fine, my friend and I used to wear them. Then again, all Russian girls wear heels so its nothing new to us. But its totally fine.

• Very true. When I visited Moscow in 2005, I was surprised to see so many girls wearing high heels all over. I really liked it.

• any particular reason why Russian girls do it?

• because in Russia all you will see is them wearing heels, unlike in America its only sneakers. but no reason, other than the fact that its elegant.

• i wore heels everyday when I was in high school because they went with my outfits.

a friend of mine was forced to run a mile on the track in "bondage" stillettos because she forgot her gym shoes. looked painful.

my advice is to select comfortable ones and be careful on the stairs.

• I used to wear heels all of the time. You might get a lot of, "Why are you so dressed up?", but if it's your style, wear it! Wearing heels to school is not odd at all and I would not look at you any differently.

• it's no big deal do what you want

• I wore them a couple every now and then to mix things up. they give you an edge at times. but usually i didn't because i didn't want the attention that went with them.

• Honestly I would look at you... like wtf is she wearing lol

• Yea I think its the norm now all the girls in my town look like there going clubbing rather than school. So yea go for it chick x

• If you want to go for it.

• Nothing wrong with that. Tons of girls wear such heels in high school

• Your so right my wee cousin is only 14 and she and all her class wear heels and its the norm

• I actually wore heels when I was in high school :), it'll make you taller and cuter!

• It is a vintage one, I think it's good.

Not stunning but looks soft and elegant.

Wear it!

• You're not concerned about your feet hurting?

you gangsta.

• inappropriate in my opinion, but you can wear what you want.

• at my high school, not a lot of girls wore heels, but some dressed up a lot. so I think you would be fine wearing them those heels are pretty "normal" looking I guess, like they wouldn't draw too much attention.

• don"t do it.

• Those heels are suitable for a high school, but for the most part I don't think high heels are appropriate for a high schooler except on special occasions. Most girls who wear high heels in high school fit a certain image. That their less focused on school and more focused on attention from their peers, specially guys.

• I think they're inappropriate for high school not because they're to "sexual" or anything, it's just the wrong dress code like wearing flip flops to a formal dinner or pink stilettos to a funeral...girls just look silly when they dress up to much for *school* wear something comfy and casual.