Girls: Do you find six packs sexy or gross?

OK I am asking here because I see that guys seem to go to the gym hoping to get a six pack(yet clearly have no idea what they're doing) and they feel it will help them pick up chicks.

But then I notice girls saying they really don't care if they get a six pack and some even find them to be gross or feel the guy is just cocky if he even has one.

So girls, are six packs hot, gross, or what? I am even seeing articles that some people with six pack abs aren't even in healthy conditions and suffer from constipation, have unhealthy body fat %'s, live very restricted lifestyles, and take the whole thing way too far. I personally think a healthy lifestyle is more important than stressing over the visibility of abs. What do you think?

• Sexy
  • Gross

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they're sexy, but not required.

My boyfriend has a six pack, but the thing with him is he's the tall lanky type. If he doesn't work out and put muscle there he just looks skinny and blah.

Your question is kinda like saying "would you prefer a girl with a butt like this (nice booty) link or a flat butt. Nobody is gonna say that a nice butt is "gross", but it's not required either and you don't *need* one to pick up guys.

And as for those articles. All things in moderation. If you stay in the gym 24/7 and don't eat certain food groups because you're afraid they'll make you gain weight guess what? That's not very healthy. Same as if you sit on the couch 24/7 and eat pure sugar and fat. Your lifestyle needs to be a balance and shouldn't have restrictions on anything.

What Girls Said 29

• Not really fan. Although I guess it depends on what you mean. A lot of guys think of this link which is OK but not really my thing.

Ideal would be a mild 6 pack like this link link

• Not gross or sexy;. It does nothing for me. It would definitely not make me think any more of a guy if he had one.

• I'm sorry but any girl that thinks six packs are gross is either lesbian or lying... Any fantasy of mine involves a hot guy with a six pack. But if it is honestly harming you more than helping, don't worry about it. I pick my guys based on their size... They have to have a bigger body mass than me! :)

• Two words. Channing Tatum. I think that answers the question.

• Abs are great to look at, but they also make the guy seem intimidating. I'd rather have a guy who leads a healthy lifestyle then one with abs.

• I find them to be whatever. I wouldn't consider them gross or sexy.

• Abs just really signifies that the guy is into fitness. It's not just abs, it's a toned fit body that I find attractive.

• doesn't really attract me. it's ok.

• of course I find them attractive. but am I going to stop seeing a guy just because he doesn't have a six pack? no.

as long as he works out and is healthy.. I'm totally fine.

a gym partner boyfriend is definitely something I'd like..haha

• sexy

but I find this sexier link

• They are hot but it depends on the guy e.g. his build

• I'm 24 years old and I find six packs extremely disturbing. They are unnatural.
    My boyfriend has no six pack, and I find him extremely handsome. The best word to describe his body is, "blacksmith". Toned buff arms and chest, and has a little belly going on.
    But I'm with him because of his extremely compassionate heart and loving personality, not of his body.

• Neither gross or sexy. Men don't have to go over board and build up their body and all. I honestly don't like six packs because I think guys feel cocky about it and all but if it's too much then no. A little is okay .

• A somewhat defined six pack can be very sexy. But if it's bulging out like a bunch of pillows, then it gets gross. Everything in moderation.

• I find it sexy but not those like bodybuilders type. More like the abs of Chris Hemswoth..woot, woot, woot-Hot!

• Six packs are very sex-y. Why do you think a many actors have them?

• I prefer a guy doesn't have a six pack or a lot of muscles but it's not gross

• It's sexy, but I really don't care if a guy has it. My boyfriend doesn't and I like it that way lol

• Love them!

• A mild six packs is sexxxxxaayyyy.. but too much muscles in like : No. Way. Ew.

• Sexy unless its like bulging muscle then gross.

• Sexy as f*ck for sure

• Stomach/chest definition is great, but muslces popping out of your skin is a little much.

• It can be very sexy if you are healthy, you donĀ“t need a six pack to be hot...

• not nessecery ..but if your going to work on your body work on your arms girls prefer that...i know I do

• sexy as fuckkkk bring on dem muscles!

...but too many muscles can be gross... there needs to be a balance

• Real sexy. It helps me get off faster.

• 8 packs are where it's at lol

Nah, 6 packs are hot as hell. Especially with the v lines. Of course they're not required but they will always be a plus to an already good guy and will never be a minus.

• What about a 4 pack?

• I have one of those. They're fine too. I mean, honestly, as long as there's a torso you're doing pretty good :p

• I think your poll options are too extreme. Personally, I don't really care at all. If the guy has a six pack OK, if not, just as good. I do think six packs are extremely overrated though.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't care what other people think...

• If you see the ideal male form according to women, you have to do minimal or no ab exercises. We all have abs. It's simply a matter of body fat percentage when they start to show. Now if you do end up doing ab exercises you can increase the number in terms of body fat percentage of when they start to show, but they tend to pop out and you almost look like you have a little muscle belly as opposed to that flatter look most women prefer.

Also keep in mind that the body isn't really meant to look like that. As you approach the low body fat percentage necessary to see your abs, what's essentially happening is that you're going below the optimal level of body fat. While your body is meant to be lean, it's not meant to be THAT lean.

But if looks is the only goal, it's all diet. A little bit of working out certain muscles will help shape the optimal ratios, but intense uphill walking and a specific diet is mainly where it's at.

• The girls that say it's gross are lying or they're ugly and feel intimated by good looking guys so they say it's ugly

• I'm not lying, and I'm considered very pretty and I hate six packs. They are disturbing. Nice toned arms and a little belly gets me going.
      And don't you mean, intimidated.