I am wondering why do guys sent shirtless pictures and say they work out? When I text he's always about to workout?

This 2 guys I'm texting i kno both guy A) is really flirty he sent me a normal pic but is being too flirty a little too much guy B) send me a shirtless pic but were having a normal conversation why do guys send shirtless pictures? Do they send them to friends? Or why? He didn't ask for one in return.

Most Helpful Guy

• Thats pathetic if a guy sends those and wasn't asked.. And they're trying to impress you.. Guys think all girls think about is guys that look like the hunk

• Should I tell him why he sent it or if he's intrested?

• Not really in my opinion, i mean he sends you shirtless pics so he has to think of you more than a friend besides even if there was the slightest chance he didn't like you, wouldn't you rather deal with the hurt of rejection for a little rather than always wonder for this day on if there was something there

• Yes ur right

• wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!

um, id be inclined to say a shirtless photo is sent with the intention of impressing, which is sort of flirtatious... but yeah who knows? i can't say this is something i would do...

Most Helpful Girl

• I was just about to write the same thing anonymous guy wrote. They don't allow duplicate questions.

Unless you got an email saying that your question has been deleted, your question has NOT been deleted.
    To find your own questions, click on your profile on the upper right corner. Then go to Questions.

Please don't ask the same thing again.

What Guys Said 19

• Because he's a dick head. He's really self absorbed and he feels that his body is his best quality so he's sending pictures of himself to anyone that'll take a look.

It doesn't matter that he's not asking you for a pic in return. The point is that he's trying to get you all horny by sending you pics of his six pack. Like I said, he's a dick head.

If I were a chick I'd go for the other dude with his shirt one... at least he's not as shallow as "Pecks" is.

• It's easy for anyone (male or female) to become self-absorbed when they workout. I never see women turned on by shirtless pics and they are usually turned off. The second guy could be sharing a "progress photo" of his exercising but I doubt he is and is hoping you're turned on.

As a guy who works out the only photos I have really done shirtless were a one year progress photo which was shared with mainly family.

• So why is he doing it?

• So it wasn't a progress photo I guess. I really don't know about a photo laying down honestly. Mosta the time I hear about guys with shirtless pics they are almost always selfies in the bathroom.

• Yea it wasn't like a mirror selfie in the bathroom more like a laying down close up selfie

• I know better than to send unsolicited pics.

• No i wouldn't, id be awkward id assume

• No, that's pretty low. An immature girl may like it. Or maybe a hot girl will like it because she is more likely to like buff guys. But I think sensible girls with a good head on her shoulders will only see him as a show off. Also sees immaturity in a guy who just sends her pics of his "nice" body.

• Would not do it unless she asked would seem vain and like I am asking for approval of my own body

• Because guys think the bigger the muscle/the more fit they are, the more the girl will be attracted to them. Some of them forget tho, that its actually a brain and a good personality that actually gets the girl.

• And is just a normal conversation

• @rocco-k but I didn't comment anything on his body I just said you look the same

• And I didn't know how to answer to that

• Next time one of them does it say "your arms are looking a little small" they'll be so insicure you won't get a pic for a while haha, i go to the gym and only send shirtless pics when my current gf asks

• He wants to get your opinion

• Shirtless pic douche. Gotta love 'em, right? (he said, sarcastically)

• What was the link I can't open it

• Put the spaces back in, I can't post links because I'm not high enough level

• I would not, but I might send a picture of me in a muscle fit shirt that shows off my physique.

• I wouldn't. I myself am proud of my physique but with my friends friends I would consider that to be inappropriate. So unless is something like snapchat then yeah, he totally want to impress you.

• No I would not

• Why do you keep asking this same question over and over?

• I've done it before but only to a girl I really like and have interest in. She actually asked for it, she is an athletic girl and showed me her in gym outfits (they were sexy but to her "comfortable") so I felt, I guess I should. She has an amazing body and not afraid to show it off, but a lot of respect for herself and very sweet actually! Just has confidence. So I showed her one which is something I normally don't do, I'm shy and more reserved, but I have an athletic body type I guess you can say and into running/gym, something we have in common. So she made me feel comfortable so I have done it before, just not common for me.

• No, I wouldn't just send them out of the blue. He's trying (really obviously and poorly) to show off to you.

• I drink too much beer and eat too many egg rolls for one purpose. I send a picture of just my belly to all my romantic interests to woo them. They know I'm not trying to hard so it works perfect.

• But is that why guys do it?

• Was it bad that we were having a normal conversation

• Why would that be bad?

What Girls Said 11

• From what I've noticed, they're mainly doing it in hopes that it'll impress you and turn you on. Guys don't really send those to their guy friends unless they're all gym rats and like sharing their progress with each other.
    But since this was more of a selfie lying down, I'd defo say he's trying to impress you. If he's into you or not isn't clear, since he might just send those pics to every girl he talks to.

• Oh ok But guys don't send those to girls they consider friends?

• I meant girls? That they consider friends

• Again, it still depends on the guy. Some guys send those to ALL girls because they want attention from everyone, some guys send them to only a select few that they're really close with, and some guys might only send them to that special someone.
      It's impossible for me to say which one he is since I don't know him. Why don't you just ask him if you're dying to know?

• Guys like seeing girls half naked. They think we like that kind of thing too. And muscles for guys are like boobs for us. They think that their muscles would have the same effect as a photo of our boobs would to them.

That's all. And telling you he's about to work out is like he's letting you know he's about to flex and train his muscles to become better, bigger.

• Well obviously because they want to impress you and show off their body to you because it inflates their ego for girls to compliment them. Attention-seeking girls do the same thing. They're just fishing for compliments and attention. Guys don't necessarily have to like you for them to send you these photos, but instead might just want to see what your reaction would be. What they want to hear is stuff like "damn nice abs" or "you are so hot" -- anything to stroke their egos basically. They know they look good and want everyone else to know it as well.

• We'll I didn't know how to respond I just said "look the same" and then we were having a normal conversation

• To impress? Guys like to be told they look good and do you always text at the same time everyday? perhaps you just happen to text him right before his workout routine? If it's at different times then he's definitely trying to cause some kind of impression on you and wants to make it clear that he takes care of his body~ bleh~

• I text him one day and then the next day and he said he was going to workout later and asked me what was I doing

• And it wasn't a bathroom selfie or mirror selfie more like a laying down close up shirtless selfie

• It sounds like its his way of flirting, OR he is seeking attention and hoping you will compliment him.

• Cuz guys think it's a macho thing to do so. They also think a girl will be impressed by saying they go to the gym

• Is it ok if we were having a normal conversation? Also do you think he considers me as a friend? Or not? I haven't seen him in a couple of years

• You have to ask him if he likes you

• That won't be weird since we started talking not that long ago

• I think he is just trying to impress you, but he is going about it the wrong way. Guys sometimes are like little boys. If it makes you uncomfortable, just tell him so.

• Yea and we were just having a normal conversation after

• It's a guy thing. He wants you to know he's in shape and sexy lol I told a guy I was going to work out and guess what never did haha but now I do indeed work out. Gotta keep fit and sexy!!!

• But do guys send those kind of pictures to girls that they consider friends or not? Or only gfs

• Lied about what?

• I meant if guy send pictures to girls they consider friends?

• To impress you and to get your opinion.
    I prefer a guy with a shirt on, i would feel turn off if someone just send me his shirtless pic

• He was probably just showing off, i wouldn't worry about it