• Ask
  • myTake

What's the difference between asking for space and a break?

I want to see what some the guys and especially girls think about the difference. From what I've learned, girls 4/5 times will be the one asking for... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Needing space is basically how you defined it...ur still in the relationship but there's less contact than before. All the rules of being in a relationship still apply ie: no sex or dating or any other behavior that wouldbe considered cheating is allowed.I've always considered a break to be the same as a break up but with the possibility it might not be permanent...not necessarily in the short or long term but in my opinion if its only for the short term then the people involved shouldnt have sex...dating would be fine but only as long as they can control the no sex rule hope I helped :)

What Girls Said 3

• Giving space is exactly how you described it: slowing things down and not having as much contact. I typically do this when a guy I am dating comes around far too much for me to "breathe" or the spark is dulled by knowing that I will see him all the time. A break is cutting ties and knowing that you still care enough to want to be with that person later but something has pushed your relationship to strain.

• To me a "space" and a "break up" are you same thing.

What Guys Said 1

• It's a period where your partner takes a calculated decision on if they want to break up with you or not.