Why G@G Will Forever Be My Dirty Secret

I love G@G, and I'm addicted to it, in case you haven't noticed. But there are a few reasons why I'd keep this site all to myself, a 'dirty little secret' if you like.

Why G@G Will Forever Be My Dirty Secret

1. Honesty & Forwardness

I try to answer each question with 100% honesty, and a lot of the time I'm more honest and forward than I would be in real life. Why, you may ask? I think a lot of people, myself included, find it easier to be honest and open about things online, some hiding behind a computer screen. On the other hand though, some people find it easier to lie online, so there's that too.

Also, I'm a lot more forward with sexual questions and everything else too, simply because I think it's healthy to talk about these things, but personally I find it harder in real life because a lot of people find it confronting. Also, I have a fairly conservative friendship group, which makes it a lot harder to talk about these things in real life. In fact, GaG is like my little retreat from all that conservative-ness (if that's even a word).

But I think a lot of people in real life would be shocked if they saw half of the stuff I've shared/commented on GaG lol, and that's not about to change.

2. Online persona

This is similar to the one above, but I want to reinstate the fact that many times, people become more confident or put on an act of bravado on the internet, or alternatively can be more true to themselves than they ever could be in real life. It goes both ways.

I find that it's a lot easier to be more true to myself on here, purely because no one really knows me on a personal level (well, not really) so I have more freedom in what I say.

3. Friends judging G@G itself

Ironically my real life friends are rather conservative, and although I can't determine what their exact response would be if I showed them the site itself, I have a pretty good idea. A lot of them would just get one glimpse of the wrong question and be like 'nah I'm out'. Sorry G@G, but no sharing on Facebook for me either!

Anyways, wanted to keep this take short and sweet, let me know your thoughts!

Also interested to hear if anyone else has shared the fact that they're on GaG with many people and how it went for them.

Luci :)

Luci92 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 13

My only reason to be here is to speak English. I deleted myself from the turkish version of this site because I don't want to speak my native language on internet. It is to me like wasting time but I do speak and improve my English on here since English is my foreign language.

I just dont like internet talking, I prefer the talking in real life. I find internet way asocial. But English sites help me improve my English so here I am.

Same here

I agree with all of your points, great Take :D

Yeah I can say the same about this site. I can share my sexual thoughts and life without being judge and learn from others as well going through similar events

Yeah this is cool, but what if gag goes mainstream everyone we know starts using it and they see what we post😂😂😂

Well, I certainly hope not, but if they do, I'm gonna do a MissNowhere and gtfo haha

Yessss yesssss you've read my mind
    I agree sooooo totally
    Export the Persona thing
    I'm the same irl

may i have you email?

I think most users on here would agree with your Take!

I'm just waiting for someone to tell a story about how they told someone and it backfired haha!

Me as well

I also like having a secret that is just mine and no one elses. I tried doing this with relationships where I wanted to be seeing a girl secretly and no one in my life would know but it never worked cause the girls would always assume I was either embarrassed to be with them or that I had a girlfriend and that they were the side chick. Neither were ever the case but alas it still couldn't work because of those worries from them.

Me too. I'll even keep it a secret from my future SO

Don't let Gag destroy a good women like you. This place can corrupt the mind. My advice, don't be addicted.

Thanks, and I'll try haha. :)

Awesome, by the way, you have a lovely smile. Also, maybe you should not put your profile pic as yourself. Lots of guys are pervs, so just be careful and don't take anything on here to heart.

Thank you :) Trust me if they get pervy I'll roast em and block em, I'm not taking any shit. Yeah it's important to not get too wrapped up in it haha.

This makes a lot of sense and is very well presented! It is a lot easier to be 100% forthecoming on GaG than in real life for most users I am sure. I am the same way trying to be the same on here just maybe certain topics are easier to discuss. Well done with this!

Thank you! Means a lot :) Yeah it's a fine line haha

I keep GaG to myself as well and will never ever share it on any media site as well, partly because like you said, my true mentality can be displayed better here and mostly because some of the examples/scenarios I post on here are based on people i know in real life. The thought of questions like "was that me you were writing about?" is quite chilling lol. Though I am very much like the person i seem to be when I post on here, there is just a slight bit more honesty on GaG than in person... just a little bit. Many people who I've met on GaG and talk to outside of it, can attest to that. The persona is basically the same lol... im proud of that.

Yeah I totally get what you mean, and that's good you stay the same, off and on the site.
      It's very easy to get caught up in a fake identity, but I'm proud to say I'm pretty much the same in real life too.

lets just say i changed, but i still got that old mentality lingering in the background. i may not be that guy anymore, but i can pull him up when i need him.

Okay, fair enough.

What Girls Said 7

I'm the same way. Only one person in real life knows that I'm on here, and it's probably gonna stay that way.

Lol same.

I think EVERYONE keeps g@g to themselves. 😂

It's my dirty secret too.

I'm the same way. GAG is my own personal social media and I'm glad no one including my friends or family knows about it or uses it.

I was just thinking this myself tonight as I was making dinner. I thought to myself I love this site and not even my BFF knows I'm here! I see I am not the only one who this applies to. 😊

Haha nice take, my younger 16 year old brother saw my page once and thought GAG was a dating site haha I't was so funny and whent and told everyone in the house I was on a dating dating site lol I try to explain to him that it was not a dating site and that it was a Q&A site but he's still convinced i'n on a dating site haha :P :) :P