What does it mean when a guy says you're his girl to people when your next to him?

I was standing next to him this girl all of a sudden asks if he is going out with this other girl. Suddenly he says no she's my girl when he is looking at me then smiles. I said yeah and smiled back.So What does it mean when a guy calls you his girl?

Also I like him..
I'm not sure what to do, and any more suggestions would be really helpful.
What he does now,is not speaking,but flirting,and he stares at me until I leave or he has too .What should I do about that?
Well This week I saw him with other girls, People I had talked to about this say their only friends, and his sibling is their friends. I don't know what to do anymore or what to think about this.
I found out he is only friends with the other girls and to everyone he is not a player!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• That means he is into you. Calling you his girl in front of everybody kind of give out a sign for everybody around. Guys don't say to other girls that she is my girl especially in high school while knowing each other for 3 years and dating for a year. This is a whole beauty of H.S. and fresh guys who didn't get scrutinized from a fake guys system ( to F... as many girls as possible before college ). If you caught one and held to one for a long period of time in there, that means you will have a long relationship. Same concept applies to girls. Don't get greedy and stick to one man that you like. Guys are scared of girls until age of 19 MAX so if you think that he is ignoring you but at the same time holds our hand smiles TXT's you but doing it all silent and secretly that means he likes you a lot but don't have enough 00 to admit it. Give them a little push and you will get a reword that is beyond your imagination. Good Luck.

What Guys Said 57

• I would say that this guy does like you, the fact that he denied going out with another girl very quickly and then looked at you saying you were his girl would suggest he very much cares what you think, also 'his girl' may mean that he has his eyes/focus on you. I would also say look out for other signs, does he try to start conversations with you a lot, does he try to touch you on the hand, arm, shoulder, hair, etc. These would be quite clear signs that he does like you.I think you should ask if he'd like to do something sometime, like go to the movies or even do homework together. I know it seems a strange asking to do homework together, but if he really likes you then he will be thrilled at the idea.

• it doesn't sound like he was saying it in a joking way, so he may be saying it to see your reaction. it seems you like the idea and so does he.

• If the two of you had been talking about becoming involved or it was inferred that you had some sort of attraction toward each other, it would be my guess that he was opening things up for you to make some sort of advance. Seeing him with other girls probably means that he likes attentio 9as most guys do)and making statements to you and admiring you with looks would definitely mean that there was something there for him but on the other side of the coin, if no commitment has been made then someone needs to get to the bottom of this. Hmmmmmm...

• it means the guy cares for you, wants to protect you and be with you

• Yeah he most likely is into you, there is a small likely hood that he is trying to get the other girl off of his back, but most likely 90% sure that he is telling you he likes you in a smooth and opportunistic way

• When he calls you his girl its just a way of saying he likes. You should be happy that he said that infront of another girl because it means he likes you more than that girl.

• well when I call a girl "my girl" I am interested to say the least. I want her and everybody to know she is mine. when I am flirting and she gets sad. I say you are my girl and I love you. when she is my girl. I want her to know it along with everybody. hope this helped.

• I was standing next to him. [you were next to him but not with him]this girl all of a sudden asks if he is going out with this other girl. [ some girl you don't know noone knows approaches the guy next to you, and I assume he was with a different girl, and stranger girl is asking.]Suddenly he says no she's my girl [rejects her offer as if it was to dance or go on a date]when he is looking at me then smiles.[obvious] I said yeah and smiled back.[agreed with him but don't have a clue what's going on]So What does it mean when a guy calls you his girl?it means either, he wasn't interested in her, she was ugly, he's gay, or just snobbish and laughing to you to think he's the cool crowd because some girl walked up to him and approached him. sounds like a tool to me

• maybe he was confused or said it without thinking

• I know he was not confused at all, and it looked like he was thinking when he said it.

• if so if he's laughing as he says it I have seen this and put his hand in front it is an indicator pyschologacally that he wants them to back off but he could be joking likely the first point its just basic animal instinct we are advanced we have still verbal slips of true emotion and truth it is also could be a kind of bragging he is doing that you are his girlfriend

• MY GIRL is a nice sign that he likes u,he feels or fantacises you as his Girlfriend.if you fantacy him like him or have a crush wid him den start dating him,go watch movies enjoy urselves,if you start having sumthing more dan crush den take it to 2 d next level dear,or else just move on,give sum time to it dear.and don't complicate it just be easy to yourself to find out what he meant.Spend time with him,talk to him on d phone text him regularly,if he meant what he saidthen he'll too care for u.dont think too much on these things these get more and more complicated as you think.just do what you feel,what ur heart says...best of luck dear :)

• It all depends on the woman's value in relation to what the guy thinks of himself.A simple answer is, he's showing off his value to other women and to her.It would be the same as driving around in a sports car, rolling down your windows and blaring the music.The only difference is that with a car, you don't have to worry about it getting mad at you.If the woman is physically attractive and fun, then it means that the guy likes her and is actually attempting to flirt more with her than the other women in the interaction.If the woman is not attractive and/or not fun, then it means that the guy is simply showing off his value to other women in order to attempt to get the other women to notice/ like him.You don't have to be a player in order to react to a social situation correctly. Sometimes its just blind luck.If he calls you his girl when you two are alone, then it simply means that he likes you because there is no one to show off to.People treat others differently when there is an audience, what really matters is when you two are alone.

• hey it depends wether he is serious abt you ? but if you lyk him den you should talk 2 him abt this

• i would say that he likes you try and find a way to let him know that you like him.

• From I read, I think that he does like you, as other people have mentioned. When he says "you're his girl" to you in front of other people, he sounds like he is interested in you. Saying it like that, he wanted that girl to become aware that he liked you.

• he seems possessive of you like you're going out if he says you're his girl. he certainly likes you, especially if he's not seeing other girls. you really just need to talk to him about where he thinks you two stand. it doesn't have to be complicated, just clarify and get it out in the open.

• Hum so he's not a player, when you say my girl especially in front of other people you are usually trying to be cool, a player. But sometimes it means that he is really into you and really likes you. I would go with he really likes you show him that he is your man and see what happens. best of luck :)

• Good question. sadly that can be read in two ways.1) He likes you but, you aren't dating currently.2) He's just really good friends with you.Communication it's a bitch, I know, it's sent countries to war, just from mis understanding.If you wanna find out What he ment, ask him. There no harm in doing so. I'm sure he won't bite.Good Communication is key in a relationship, nor matter what kind.Hope this helps-Deathecutioner

• Definitely likes you. I myself did this with a girl I liked to send the sign to her that I liked the idea that we were (or could be) something more than just a friend... and it all worked out. Hope this works out well for you :)

• As a lot of the girls and guys said on here it seems that he likes you and is using that opportunity to tell you. Also about the girl that asked in the first place can be interested in him but he might not be interested in her. So he could also have used the opportunity to get the girl to leave him alone if he doesn't like her but he can be a victim of his own success and cause the girl to like him more. Girls hate to not be able to catch a guy that she is interested in. So basically you could have been his defense against the other chica, girls do the same thing by bringing a guy friend with them and saying that they are going out. It's a play that works out really well to get ride of an unwanted girl or guy. I call it the Pawn defense. That is my answer for the direct question at hand.As for the updates from what I see it looks like he is a good guy or seems to be. If you guys are flirting and all, and you like him he is obviously showing interest in return to you as well. I direct that advice to the 3month updates as for the newer more recent post, well he might not be a player but if this was 3 months ago you have let a long time go by has he asked you out or have you asked him out. If not and the interest is still there. Get it while the getting is good, hopefully he hasn't lost interest and everything is still good.And lastly although he hangs with a lot of girls he might just like to be around a lot of chica's to put up that look like he is a play but if you say he isn't that's your own judgement of his character.

• Hmm...well there isn't much else to think about now. If everything is still good you dig each other just go for it ask him or if you don't like to try to indirectly suggest that your ready. Has he said anything about going out with you?

• The girl that asked him that question does not like him I know that, and he still acts the same way with me even though it was long ago..

• to me it means that he likes you...i use that hwen I'm with the females I like matter of fact I call my girlfriend my girl to everyone so I let them know she is with me and not anyone else...so if I was you I would continue on the path you are taking because if he is not a player like you are saying then you got a good one...i feel that any man that isn't trying to play his females is doing the rite thang...so keep on keep on.

• if I understand this correctly, you were just "hangin out".. and he might've caught you off guard when he said you were his girl.. at which point you started to wonder what that all meant..if so, it sounds like it was perfect timing for him to say he likes u.. for that moment, he might have just said that to get the other girl (s) off his back, while at the same time he got it out there that he likes u.. to answer ur question I'd say it means he likes you and now he's going with the flow trying to see if it goes anywhere..

• you got him

• it sounds like he likes you. you should ask him and see that is the only way to truly know but it sounds like he does good luck to you and I hope it works out for you :-)

• Well, what do ysou think of that guy, is he your type. I didn't get a lot of info on this but when a guy calls you his girl he can mean two things:a) he likes you, he is not a real player how much I figured out, but if he is a little bit more popular that would be a typical behavior, guys have a need to prove themselves to other guys, even though it reall dosnt have anything to do with you - which means he isn't with you just to prove himself to themb) he thinks of you as an ok person, so he is making you his friend in this way. You don't sometimes have to literally take his words as they are. Some guys don't know how to bond with some girl in just a friendly way, so they use their knowledge from getting to know the guys.first of all, try to discover what he reall meant by it, was it a or bthen you have to ask yourself what you want and either go with him, or keep searching^^ hope you like the answer!

• He is popular..

• Sorry it took me so long to get to answering this question. I've been a little busy lately, but let's get to the point.Okay. So the guy was looking at you while he was making a comment about dating. Hmmm. It seems to me like a classic example of subtle communication. Have you ever noticed people do that to put in a subtle jab? For example, making comments about you while your near. I explained it that way because I figured most people understand it that way better. Anyway, so that was basically flirting.About him talking and such with other girls (I understand that this has already been discussed, but just in case, I'll add my two cents)... You see, he has the guts to talk to a girl and he seems like a pretty good guy. So, I would expect girls to digg that. I wouldn't trip about it.So, you're trying to find a way to reel him in, right? Well, with all of those other girls competing for his attention (regardless of the fact that he isn't interested in him), you're going to have to give him something that makes you stand out above all of the others. My question would be something along the lines of: What do you have to offer that those other girls don't have? Don't get down if you can't figure anything out right off the bat... because it can take time sometimes.So, bottom line: my advice would be to talk with him and spend time with him. On those boring weekends when you can't find anything to do, invite him over to be bored with you. You'd be surprised how often being bored with your crush turns out to be soooo not boring.Anyway, sorry again for not getting to answering your question sooner :-(

• sounds like it could be that he's testing the water if said pre kiss. also he could be flirting innocently. its hard to answer without more info. its obviously not a bad sign but be cautious.

• if a guy says you are his girl, it means he views you as his special someone, in effect he sees you as or the equivalent of his girlfriend

• It sounds like you're in!Things like staring at you, big smile on his face, having a hard time finding words are all good signs that a guy is enchanted with you. The whole "she's my girl" thing sounds like a compliment to me. I would think that if he was a player he wouldn't have explicitly picked you out like that in front of other women like he did. If I were a woman I would read it as "you're the one I want to be with and not these other girls here.". You're past the stage of flirting and wondering if he likes you while playing hard to get. As you spend time together things should progress a bit more naturally. You're at a point where it's safe to open up and show some affection. Hug him, put your arms around him, put your head on his shoulders. Touch says more than words can. It doesn't have to be sexual at all. You don't have to be really forward about it but you're in so don't be afraid to take it to the next level.Congrats!

• he likes u...moreover he loves you and want to save ufrom angry peoples...

• he likes you!

• well sounds like at the time he was using you as an excuse to cut off the other girls and now he's with a different girl so kinda agree with drummer dude he sounds like a player.

• He sounds like a player kinda... If that's the case, it's best you stay away.It's obvious that he wants to make you his girl, but you could end up one of many girls from the sound of it. Not for sure, but from my understanding of the situation/question, it's a strong possibility he could just want to play you. His smooth/over-confident attitude makes it even more apparent to me... And if he's around lots of other girls, that's a bad sign. You don't want a guy with a lot of female "friends" because if he has that attitude, he's probably having relations with all of them too simply because he can.IMHO you should stay away from him. Just because he's "hot" and seemingly unattainable doesn't make him a quality guy worth pursuing...

• When a guy calls you his girl, basically he is being blunt and saying he likes you. He really does seem to like you, and well my best suggestion is to move forward and maybe ask him out, say to go hang around in the mall with him. Like get to know him outside school that is truly who he is, so then it will either bring the two of you closer or you may see a side that you don't like.Anyways, the best thing to do is to ask him out or to confront him about him liking you, so like try to get a convo with him and start to bring it closer to who he likes and stuff like that, its not harmful to ask a person who they like. If you work it towards that, then it will be fine.

• i think that he deffo wants you and you aare both to shy to do anything about it, if your not carefull you will both move on and regret not making a move...iv don't it myse! just go for it otherwise it will go on forever and you will end up getting yourself down about it.

• it could mean a lot of things. it probably means he views you as a girlfriend.He sounds like a "player". If I were you, I wouldn't give him the time of day.

• He is not a player though

• Well, honestly...from what I see, he is interested in you, but to what degree. Is he a playboy? Does he ask you out any? Does he care how you feel? hows ur day going? A sincere guy that is interested in one person will only focus on her. If he doesnt, means he is just playing the field...

• As per our conversation, my next statement was to communicate. Ask him...Otherwise, how would you know!

• He is not a player I know that for a fact.

• uh.. ok well when a guy calls you his girl.. basically that means that ur his girlfriend I guess.uh when he's just staring at u.. you shuold probably try to talk to him .. to break the ice I guesswell.. maybe he is only friends with those other girls.. maybe give him another changce.and see what happens

• i think it means that he didn't want to do anything with that other chick so he said you were his so shed leave him alone.

• Well I think that all the flirting, and calling you his girl sort of implies that your his girlfriend. But you should just go on a date, and bring it to the next level to make it official.

• Show More

What Girls Said 68

• You have so many of the same answers on here. All I can tell you is that you need to be up front with him about what it meant when he said to the other girl. That is the only way you're going to find out. If I type what I think then your answers will be like a broken record- same thing oer and over again. Just ask him.

• Ok, just because he flirts and stares at you and told someone else you were his girl dosen't mean that it is a "conformation" that he's labeling as HIS girl. Guys do this--FLIRT--...but they are flirting or trying to send indirect signals that they could be interested in you. I would be upfront with him and ask him "does he like you". Stop beating around the bush and find out what's up or you will never know...

• umm..well it sound like he likes you especially if he calld you his girl in front of a differnt girl and if he continues to flirt with you instead of ingorning you thinkn you might have made that out to be something it wasn't..i would just ride it out and down the raod I think he mite ask you out or if you really think he likes you and he's sending out some signs you could even ask him out

• he likes u. there's no doubt about it. and if you want to clear things out then talk to him about it. and if he doesn't answer you then just keep bugging him about it until he tells you the truth. but don't worry he likes you =)

• so he doent have a gf,he stares at you and says your his girl and he's not a player he's probably very intense about you you like him so I think you need to start the convo because he's maybe to nervous around you

• he LIKES u

• He obviously likes you. I'd just flirt and if you're already flirting, then make the flirting more obvious.

• If he stares at you flirtatiously stare back flirtatiously. If he smiles, smile backIf he holds ur hand, show you likes it by holding it back but don't over do it

• He means you are his, umm, that he wants you to be his girl. If you like him you could reciprocate and see if he moves forward

• im assuming he likes you, people don't just say that kinda crap for no reason lol

• He likes you

• This means he is establishing his territory. No guy will ever give you a title if they don't see any plans of being with you. He likes you if he was being serious and yall have been talking.

• so to me it sounds like he has a crush and he was trying to myabe send you a major signal. so maybe you should just talk to him about it. if its too awkward between you guys then maybe that's a sign it wouldn't work out. because nothing should be awkward between to people especially if they are gonna date. So just be up front and ask him if he has feelings for you and what he meant by that...hope that helps!

• i refuse to answer your question because you have a surplus amount of advice going for you. all I have to say is: he likes you definitely more then average, so stop moaning, and groaning, and being a p**** because he might have female friends, this happens, and stare back for gods sake! or whatever you want to do to let him know your into him. yeah...good luck, I'm happy you know what you want. happy?

• First of all you did not have to, second I am not complaining of this, third I am not the p**** I may have one but I'm not acting like one right now like you are, third if you read the info I am fine he has female friends everyone does, and I do stare back at him. Also you should not be mean to people it is rude.

• I say that it means that he is slightly trying to hint that he wants you to be with him, try a bit of flirting back and see what happens!

• it means tht he likes you or he thinks you 2 are going out

• well I would say that he really likes you. you should ask him to go out with you.

• i think it means that he is ready to be ur boyfriend I find that guys don't say girlfriend they just say girl so I think he wants to date you. or if he's a pig he means he wants to have sex with you

• I'm pretty sure he likes you and he could be just as nervous about you as you are about him. And calling you his girl could be his way of testing the water to see if you'd be cool with it.

• That's his way of claiming you. He's declaring in front of other people that you're the girl he likes, you're the girl he wants or however you wanna take it. He obviously likes you so you should flirt back with him and get his number and start hanging out with him.

• He likes u. .all the signs from him are telling that he is into you but somehow he can't make a move. .maybe because he's shy or still waiting for ur hints. .try to show him that ur interested so that he knows. . as ur confused by his indirect signals, maybe he is too but you got several answers over here and now ur kind of sure that he likes you but maybe he can't ask about ur signals from others. .so try to show him that you like him, if he's not shy he'll def make a move but if he is then you have to do something! Best Of Luck! :)

• That's a very good sign! Referring to you as "his girl" means that he likes you and hopes that you like him back so that you could officially be called his girl.So now you may want to show him that you care. Eye contact is very important if you're too shy to convey..Good luck :)

• I am not shy actually

• it seems like he likes you ! until he makes it official that he does just try and be cautious

• Prob means that he likes ui think that's a pretty good sign.In context when he says she's my girl he most likely meant "girlfriend" but I don't know for sure. Has he given you any other signs?

• I think it means that he likes you. And he might ask you out pretty soon. Because the same exact thing happened to my friend Kristin. Her && this guy were really good friends. And she liked him alott. A girl came up to him && said, "Hey. Are you single at the moment?" And he replied, "Sorry, this is my girl, right here." The funny thing is that they weren't dating. About a week later, he asked her out. Have been dating ever since. (:

• i think he likes you a guys not going to just call any friend "his girl" not unless he's joking and if he's staring at you and smiling at you I doubt he's joking look at the signs he gives u

• he sounds like :- he likes you, and doesn't want to share.- he likes you; other girls will know not to attempt to get closer to him.- you have an inside joke. *that apparently you don't know about..*thats all I can say. or that's all I know. either one.goood luuck ;]

• I have read through all of the updates and I believe that you should trust your gut feeling. Usually our gut feeling never steers us wrong, be it good news or bad. If he's been flirting with you for all of these months but hasn't sealed the deal (a date) either he is extremely shy or he is unavailable. Have you confirmed whether or not he's dating anyone else? If he's not, let your actions confirm your interest in him so that he knows that he has a good chance with you. Sometimes a fear of rejection keeps a man from asking a woman out. Play your position and he'll come around if he's interested. If he doesn't come around, that's okay too because you don't want to inherit a problem (rushing a guy into something for which he's not ready). Love will happen when it's supposed to...hang in there!-AskUsLadies

• I know he is not dating anyone else

• Sounds like he likes you and wants you to be "his girl". However, I would put on a pair of big girl panties and ask him if he does like you, therefore clearing up any speculation that he doesn't and proving he's a shameless flirt.Ask him if your really "his girl" and ask him to define it for you.Hope it all works out for you crazy kids.

• He likes you deary

• he likes you obviously.. talk to him more

• he likes you :D

• duhhh he's into youu, go for it!

• He likes you and wants to be more than just your friend.

• i think it means his girlfriend... pretty sure cos he's saying she's his :)

• umm I don't know if he was just referring to you as his girl to just make the other girl leave...or if he actually likes you I mean if he flirts then there must be something there.

• He does flirt all the time were together or I'm near him..

• I personally think that he likes you. But it,s hard to reach you or he thinks about you as a perfection. So you are so good that he is afraid of you...because he likes you a lot and he doesn,t want to get hurt or seem weak. I think many guys are like this...even the player ones. And I know that your guy isn,t a player so...you should try to talk with him.

• maybe he is not sure if you really like him. guys have a weird way of not knowing things you have to be really obvious to them. from what you say it sounds like her likes you and wants you to be his girl.

• i wouldn't over analyze every single situation, and every little thing that he says or doesn't say. what it seems to me is that he does like you, but maybe he doesn't quite know how to act. guys are allowed to hang out with other girls, it doesn't mean he hates you if he talks to a girl who isn't you. if he said "she's my girl" to you in front of other people, he obviously has some kind of feelings for you., but no one on this website is going to be able to tell you exactly what was going through his mind. does he know you like him? do you act weird around him because you like him? those are all things you need to keep in mind. stop over analyzing everything and just go with the flow. if its meant to happen, it will. but don't get angry and upset when he talks to other girls and stuff. you know? just be yourself, and.. if he likes you, he likes you. if not. life goes on:)

• I don't get angry and upset, and it is fine when he is around other girls

• Awwwh, He really likes you! :) that was cute. I think you should talk to him more? like you should ask him where you both stand and stuff like that. be cute and flirty to him! :) just talk to him alone and private.

• Show More