What does it mean when a guy says you're his girl to people when your next to him?

I was standing next to him this girl all of a sudden asks if he is going out with this other girl. Suddenly he says no she's my girl when he is looking at me then smiles. I said yeah and smiled back.

So What does it mean when a guy calls you his girl?

Also I like him..
I'm not sure what to do, and any more suggestions would be really helpful.
What he does now,is not speaking,but flirting,and he stares at me until I leave or he has too .What should I do about that?
Well This week I saw him with other girls, People I had talked to about this say their only friends, and his sibling is their friends. I don't know what to do anymore or what to think about this.
I found out he is only friends with the other girls and to everyone he is not a player!

Most Helpful Guy

• That means he is into you. Calling you his girl in front of everybody kind of give out a sign for everybody around. Guys don't say to other girls that she is my girl especially in high school while knowing each other for 3 years and dating for a year. This is a whole beauty of H.S. and fresh guys who didn't get scrutinized from a fake guys system ( to F... as many girls as possible before college ). If you caught one and held to one for a long period of time in there, that means you will have a long relationship. Same concept applies to girls. Don't get greedy and stick to one man that you like. Guys are scared of girls until age of 19 MAX so if you think that he is ignoring you but at the same time holds our hand smiles TXT's you but doing it all silent and secretly that means he likes you a lot but don't have enough 00 to admit it. Give them a little push and you will get a reword that is beyond your imagination. Good Luck.

What Guys Said 58

• Either he was

-serious

-flirting with you

-he was finding some excuse to brush off the other girl.

-You'll know the kind of guy he is: a player or a shy guy.

-You'll know if he has a reason to brush the other one off: some quarrel with her or a bad opinion about her (is the other girl the "chewing-gum-on-my-soles-girl", who stays glued to the guy who dares to smile or be simply polite towards her?)

• Just take him at face value (flirting thus) unless that other one is a real bore)

• He is not a player I know that.. also the other girl I think was just curious about that because she is not the "chewing-gum -on-my-soles-girl"

• Sorry it took me so long to get to answering this question. I've been a little busy lately, but let's get to the point.

Okay. So the guy was looking at you while he was making a comment about dating. Hmmm. It seems to me like a classic example of subtle communication. Have you ever noticed people do that to put in a subtle jab? For example, making comments about you while your near. I explained it that way because I figured most people understand it that way better. Anyway, so that was basically flirting.

About him talking and such with other girls (I understand that this has already been discussed, but just in case, I'll add my two cents)... You see, he has the guts to talk to a girl and he seems like a pretty good guy. So, I would expect girls to digg that. I wouldn't trip about it.

So, you're trying to find a way to reel him in, right? Well, with all of those other girls competing for his attention (regardless of the fact that he isn't interested in him), you're going to have to give him something that makes you stand out above all of the others. My question would be something along the lines of: What do you have to offer that those other girls don't have? Don't get down if you can't figure anything out right off the bat... because it can take time sometimes.

So, bottom line: my advice would be to talk with him and spend time with him. On those boring weekends when you can't find anything to do, invite him over to be bored with you. You'd be surprised how often being bored with your crush turns out to be soooo not boring.

Anyway, sorry again for not getting to answering your question sooner :-(

• If the two of you had been talking about becoming involved or it was inferred that you had some sort of attraction toward each other, it would be my guess that he was opening things up for you to make some sort of advance. Seeing him with other girls probably means that he likes attentio 9as most guys do)and making statements to you and admiring you with looks would definitely mean that there was something there for him but on the other side of the coin, if no commitment has been made then someone needs to get to the bottom of this. Hmmmmmm...

• It sounds like you're in!

Things like staring at you, big smile on his face, having a hard time finding words are all good signs that a guy is enchanted with you. The whole "she's my girl" thing sounds like a compliment to me. I would think that if he was a player he wouldn't have explicitly picked you out like that in front of other women like he did. If I were a woman I would read it as "you're the one I want to be with and not these other girls here.".

You're past the stage of flirting and wondering if he likes you while playing hard to get. As you spend time together things should progress a bit more naturally. You're at a point where it's safe to open up and show some affection. Hug him, put your arms around him, put your head on his shoulders. Touch says more than words can. It doesn't have to be sexual at all. You don't have to be really forward about it but you're in so don't be afraid to take it to the next level.

Congrats!

• it sounds like he likes you. you should ask him and see that is the only way to truly know but it sounds like he does good luck to you and I hope it works out for you :-)

More from Guys
53

What Girls Said 69

• I have read through all of the updates and I believe that you should trust your gut feeling. Usually our gut feeling never steers us wrong, be it good news or bad. If he's been flirting with you for all of these months but hasn't sealed the deal (a date) either he is extremely shy or he is unavailable. Have you confirmed whether or not he's dating anyone else? If he's not, let your actions confirm your interest in him so that he knows that he has a good chance with you. Sometimes a fear of rejection keeps a man from asking a woman out. Play your position and he'll come around if he's interested. If he doesn't come around, that's okay too because you don't want to inherit a problem (rushing a guy into something for which he's not ready). Love will happen when it's supposed to...hang in there!

-AskUsLadies

• I know he is not dating anyone else

• Sounds like he likes you and wants you to be "his girl". However, I would put on a pair of big girl panties and ask him if he does like you, therefore clearing up any speculation that he doesn't and proving he's a shameless flirt.

Ask him if your really "his girl" and ask him to define it for you.

Hope it all works out for you crazy kids.

• awww! I think he likes you!

flirt with him, he'll probably ask you out soon!

• I pretty sure by his actions and his words that he likes you.

I don't see any reason to not go for it, especially because you like him.

But, then again, I probably don't because I am overwhelmed with reasoning for you to go for it:

1- You like him

2- You told shaowscard that he isn't a player, so therefore you won't get hurt by him

3- all the evidence shows that he likes you

I could continue but, I believe that the three reasons that I just listed are reasoning enough!Don't watch this moment past, I did when I was in this scenario and I have regretted it ever since.

Good luck and keep on updating! :)

• maybe he is not sure if you really like him. guys have a weird way of not knowing things you have to be really obvious to them. from what you say it sounds like her likes you and wants you to be his girl.

More from Girls
64