Do athletic or muscular guys only like fit girls?

I go to the gym often because I'm trying to lower my fat percentage and get more toned. When you look at me you won't think overweight or skinny, but more average and a bit flabby for now.

Thing is I catch eyes with many of the fit or muscular guys there when I just look around. I even catch some of the personal trainers looking at me intently. I don't get it, I assume guys only stare at what they like, and I would think fit guys would be only into fit girls...

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a tough question to answer without given pictures. The old saying is that guys are visual creatures more than anything else, which to a certain angle is true, but when you generalize so much you are losing a lot of great qualities.

I myself am extremely athletic (6'2 150lbs..) and I can honestly say that when I was younger up till now, I liked girls that were fit.. But more and more I am seeing these "fit girls" get nasty attitudes towards a man that approaches them - so it's contradictory; who I was attracted to is applying a negative remark against me without even getting to know me. Turn off!

Does that mean I'm instantly for the .. I hate this word.. "fat" girls? No. It means I need to keep looking for my ideal mate.

You see - as times have changed, I'm not so much visual because I recognized behavior that I'm attracted to MORE SO than physical features. If a girl can have fun or be funny, for instance, I would be more inclined to be around her 24/7.. That doesn't mean a relationship, but with how often we are arround each other, something could spark and that would mean a relationship is possible.

Obviously if you're going to the gym and working on your personality, you are more than gold compared to half this world - most people live their lives like zombies, complaining about how they are too busy with kids.. Come on people - "complaining".. Maybe enjoying is a better word!

Regardless, give it time and you'll flourish like a flower. I hope the best,

~ ArtistBBoy

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 13

• You do not have to be "perfect" to be attractive. And guys are all different, we have different tastes, so I would not be the least bit surprised if at least some of these guys checking you out were into you.

Looks are big part of the equation for guys, this I will not deny. it is always better to have nice skin and not be fat. But being attractive involves attitude as well. If you carry yourself as if you think you are attractive, that is enough to make you more desirable than other girls, even some girls who you may think look better than you.

My advice, try developing a little more confidence, and if you like one of the guys you see, try flirting with him. See what happens. Fortune favor the brave!

• Of course, just like one mate said here, we're not as shallow and mean.

• I'm pretty sure we like all kinds of girls. It's a nice bonus if she works out too, but it's not a deal breaker. We can be fine with girls who eat healthy and only work out here and there too.

• All guys are different. I've a friend who is hyper-sporty, did some sports science thing at uni. His fiance is huge though, well beyond podgy and into obese. Takes all sorts.

• Lol. Well that's because us guys are not as shallow and picky as you girls are.

More from Guys
8

What Girls Said 1

• I'm a bigger woman who likes an athletic man who wants me to go to the gym with him, is he trying to change me, shouldn't he like me just the way I am, should I look for another mate who appreciate s me for who I am now, not who I can be.

• what u mean with bigger? u mean fat? so u like guys fit and u judge him for try get u a better body and a better life... more health and all of that.. ok... go find another one because u dont deserve that one.. lazy people love put the blame on other u try change them too better

• If a man doesn't accept you the way you are and is trying to change you then you can assume he cares less about you and is very self centred. This is not a man who will make a good dad in the future. While you're young and maybe thinking about short term fun you really need to think long term when selecting a partner because we are humans and fall in love with people we spend a lot of time with. Selecting a bad mate with very shallow expectations will leave you in a loveless relationship which leads you a life of heartbreak and even sicknesses. Our emotional pain turns in to physical pain. When he tries to change you, respond by saying you want more material possessions and resources and he's just not doing enough for you. Men value visual looks, women value protection and resources. Play on it and see how he feels. He is a silly silly man