Being called cute VS "hot"

being called cute VS

I absolutely hate being called cute because I associate cute little puppies and kids. I told my friend and she said that being called cute is a good thing. I feel like in society though everybody wants to be "hot". Some people don't like being called hot because they feel like their body is the only thing people judge. Is it even possible to be cute and "hot"? I don't think so. Cara Delevinge is adorable and completely badass, but I would never call her cute.

1318

Most Helpful Guy

• Cute: Young, Innocent, Not everyone notices her but the few who do are the luckiest guys ever.
    Hot: Head-turner, Flaunting her beauty, No matter what she wears guys can't stop looking at her. Guys who get this girl will always be concerned that someone will try to steal her since they're all looking at her.
    Being "Hot" is to be noticed. Some people want that, but if you're in a serious relationship... attracting attention is probably not the best idea. It tends to cause trust issues. And if there's one thing you cannot easily regain, it's trust.

Side Note: Somehow I associate the word "flirting" with "Hot" girls.

Here are a couple pics of what I picture for each word

Cute: 24.media.tumblr.com/...ly4y0mbBjq1rnxkm4o1_500.jpg
    vwfoto.com/.../DSC_0186-2_SM.jpg

Hot: img.tintuc.vietgiaitri.com/.../...ikini-526a6b.jpg
    www.google.com/search

At the end of the day, YOU decide what word you want to be used to describe you. If you do a good job, maybe people will describe you by using your NAME, not some generic categorizing term like "Cute" or "Hot".

Hope this helped.
    Good luck with your "Look"... ;-)
    Benramz

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been called both "hot" and "cute" in the past, so I'm not quite sure which category I fall under (if any!).
    The way I use those terms might be different to most people: I only use "cute" for adorable things, so when people (guys and girls) have said I'm cute, I thought it was a bad thing - especially if I'm trying to come across as an adult etc. Some people use it interchangeably with "hot".
    I personally don't use "hot" to describe someone's attractiveness, but I would associate hot with being more on the sexy side of things and cute with being sweet and perhaps more innocent-looking, maybe?

Sponsored

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 17

• Cute is definitely a good thing and guys aren't thinking little puppies and kids when they say it. For myself, it often goes hand in hand with beautiful. The picture above for example, cute and hot. Don't see a difference there other than the smile vs scowl lol

• Maybe it is my age, but to me cute is hot. A girl becomes hot by simply changing her hairstyle or wearing something different that appears more sexy.

To obtain this you have to have a certain level of cuteness to achieve hotness.

Case in point... a girl with a ponytail can be observed as cute, if she is wearing a nice floral dress etc., however put a slimline black dress on her and let her hair down she can become quite hot when you see her at the club!

• The relationship between various descriptions of attractiveness is complicated. They don't all mean the same thing, but they're not directly comparable. One isn't necessarily better or worse than the other.

To me, words like "pretty" and "cute" denote aesthetics -- they describe what someone looks like. "Pretty" is used to describe a woman who is attractive in a classical, conventional sense. "Cute" denotes a youthful, innocent kind of look and often an upbeat personality (always smiling, bubbly personality, that kind of thing).

"Hot" is less about aesthetics and more about attitude. It's about how a woman dresses and presents herself. A "hot" woman carries herself with confidence and maybe a a bit of sexual aggression.

A woman can be "pretty" or "cute" without being "hot" -- I've met several in my life -- and still be very attractive. "Hot" doesn't necessarily make or break overall attractiveness, it's just a descriptor of a specific kind of attractiveness.

• Rarely call girls hot, unless she's in my bed, every other time usually just cute.

• Being cute or hot is not one and the same thing. There is a hierarchy on the beauty scale. If 5 is Fair/Average , 6 is charismatic , 7 is cute/pretty , 8 is smoking hot , 9 is sex pot and 10 is perfect/divine.

• I don't like being called cute either :/ haha I don't even associate it with being attractive, more on the "lets hug and hang out" side lol. Cara is HOT though :P

• Cute is girlfriend and Hot is sex-and-throw-away.
    Remember, enough people want to smash you if that's what you want to know.

• If a guy says you're hot, it just means he wants to have sex with you.
    If a guy says you're cute, he not only wants to have sex with you, but he will probably consider a true relationship.

• Cute is like girlfriend material. Hot is like someone who looks like a model. For instance the picture on the left is 'hot' on the right 'cute'.

• To me Cute and hot are interchangeable.

• Ahhh yes. Cute. I mean, if you were hot, they'd call you hot, right? But, you're not hot, but you're not ugly. Lets call that… cute. You're cute instead.

• To me "cute" and "hot" define different types of attractiveness. I like "cute" girls better.

• Girls tell me im cute and I don't mind but my grandmother tells me and I don't like it. It's like an adult pinching your cheeks just not cool.

• Both of them are ugly...

• being called cute is better then being called ugly..

• Things like makeup can actually make a woman look sexually aroused, because when a woman's aroused blood rushes to her face deepening the color in her cheeks and such. That's a large part of what makes them look hot. News on the other hand looks more Innocent but not necessarily childlike.

• Cute not news. Lol I don't know how my phone made that mistake.

• When someone talks bout "hot" they referring to your body attractiveness while "cute" referring to face attractiveness so girls who don't wear tight stuff we see face n say cute but girls who wear such stuff are called "hot" coz of body . I prefer cute cz nobody really wants hot girl they're like dumb blondes

What Girls Said 12

• I've been called "cute" more often than "hot" and I'm fine with it. When I hear that someone is "hot", that suggests they're sexually exciting, likely to put out or something to that effect. I'm much more complicated than that.

• Most of the time guys call me cute but probably because I'm 5'0 and petite. I'm not normally called hot but I have been called sexy. I don't mind cute though.

• I love being called cute. I understand why some people don't, but personally I love it.

• ı like being called both

• cute is better than hot

• Someone forgot to include the word gorgeous in these choices :)

• I've been called both, but the I would love to be called beautiful more often instead of either

• I have no problem with both two. Often called cute than hot, but yeah, I like being called hot too :)

• Cute is more in your personality, and hot is more appearance, face, body, clothes, etc... Hell yeah I think someone can be hot and cute.

• What does it mean if a guy calls me adorable?

• Everyone always tells me that I'm cute 😁 I don't think anyone have told me that I am hot ever lol

• I'm only 13 so I'm still basically a child so I really don't care about being called cute a lot. But from what people tell me cute means being pretty and feminine and hot is sexy and confident.

• I've always been called hot, never cute. Cute is weird. I don't call men cute either, its just weird. Is it a nice way of saying someone is average, doable but nothing special?