Is being a submissive wife really what men want?

Saw this on a TV show last night and this lady was helping women fix their marriages buy teaching them to submit to their men is this what men want this is a curiosity of mine because I know I'm way to strong willed to ever do that

Most oh it had to do with they believe what they bible say the women serve her man

Most Helpful Guy

• Its all about gender roles. For a happy marriage the couple must play the specific gender roles and this is not just my personal opinion. Its what psychologists say. If the man is submissive, then gender role reversal occurs. The man becomes more sensitive and submissive and the woman is the one leading the relationship. Then both man and woman in the relationship are unhappy. You blame each other for it and whatever you do you only screw things up.
    I have seen exactly this happening to 2 of my friends, both married with kids. The one lost his job about 6 years ago and at his age I doubt that he will ever find a job again. His wife continues the work in the restaurant she owns. Role reversal! The woman now takes care of the family and since then she always is a pain in the ass for my buddy, for even the most stupid and unimportant things!
    My other friend is in a similar situation. His wife was always a bully and I could never understand how he allows such a disrespectful behaviour from a woman he's supposed to marry. He never defends himself and remains a complete wimp. Role reversal. They are always fighting and his wife is barking at him from dusk tip dawn, threading him with divorce from time to time.

What Guys Said 27

• ehh depends, its not all about being 100% one way or the other, there must be a balance.

• All men are different.

• There isn't any one-size-fits-all solution for every marriage. That woman has found something that works for her in her situation, and will work for many others but not everyone. For historical and evolutionary reasons, a majority of men will respond better to a submissive woman than a dominant one - just as most women respond better to a dominant man than a submissive one - but it's not true for everyone. I think most couples, even same-sex ones, have one person in the submissive role. There is nothing wrong with it, as long as they are valued and respected.

• i don't. I mean its cool if she's submissive sometimes, but id rather have some equality.
    I do need women to be more affectionate tho lmao

• It women expect men to men then its only fair that men would expect women to be women.

1. Be classy
    2. Be supportive
    3. Be caring
    4. Be lovey dovey
    5. Be feminine

but be these things to real men. The type that are faithful, caring, supportive, and puts his woman's needs before his.

• Some guys do.

• NO! Absolutely not! I like my opinions to be challenged. It helps me analyze my position. Half the time I am right and half the time I reconsider... same goes for my spouse... Understanding your position on something can only happen when someone challenges your line of thinking... Strong wife = strong husband.

• Depends on the extent of the submissiveness.

But not only do men want this, but women want to be able to submit to their man. Even you, deposited what you say about being strong willed.

Women want a man who they can look at as "the man" and submit to that man when they want to feel womanly.

• Maybe that's true my husband has told me he puts a roof over my head before and I have come right back at him saying buddy this woman pays for half of that roof

• I see what type you are referring to. But like I said, what type of submissiveness and to what extent varies, for both men and women.

A woman who feels her man is not "the man" or above her in some way shape or form, won't be happy, because that's not a man she can submit to.

Because women not only innately want to be able to submit, but they need to in order for that male/female relationship to work. And by work, I mean both parties being happy.

• The bible says a woman should serve her man , but it also says men be good to your wives. Leaves a gray zone really.
    A woman with submissive behavior is fine as long as she's is not a mindless puppet with no will. Also a woman with dominate behavior is fine as long as she knows I'm not her punk. She should not be talking to me like I'm her piece of garbage.

• I prefer loving marriages rather than ones ruled by dominance and submissiveness. I even prefer loving sex to sub/dom sex.

• No lol i like talking so if she's just a yes and agree girl id get bored

• I wouldn't want a submissive woman because I like being challenged.

• Some or most men, yes. But for me, I think it's a 50/50 thing. Men should submit just as much as women. I'm not sure it says in the Bible that only women submit to men. I'm pretty sure that both genders submit to each other equally.

• It reminds me of the movie, "The Stepford Wives." That spiralled out of control but I think there was some truth to it...

• No.
    I like a feminine but independent girlfriend (I am not at the age of considering marriage yet). I want her to act classy, and know what she likes.
    I just want her to be totally submissive on bed though.

• No not all men. All alpha male types want that kind of woman.

• Some men want it, many don't, I don't, I'd want her to be friendly and respectful, but no more than what I'd give her or anyone.

• HELL NO. THAT JUST MEANS THE BIITCH HAS LOW SELF ESTEEM.

• Welp, I know that's what I want.

• I don't want that

• You can be strong willed and be submissive in a relationship.

• OK give me an example please

• Give you an example of what? It's the reality of the situation, you can be strong willed and be submissive in a relationship.

• But what I'm saying is I feel beneath a man if I'm submissive but I love to do it in the bedroom just not any other time

• no it is not i would dump u

• Did u read the whole thing

• TV has a habit of only showing the worst of men. Australia did a study and found that 69% of modern media portrays men negatively.

It's no surprise you saw something unpalatable.

• I don't think being submissive is demeaning or week. I think it adds to the femininity of a woman.

• well with me and my fiancee we both dont believe in gender roles like she makes much more money than i do and we divide all the chores up evenly and we do stuff togther like we cook togther clean togther and do the laundry togther so no i dont want a 1950s housewife

• No way, I prefer dominant girls ;)

• No.
    We just want classy women with decent values, that are feminine and don't act like men... and definitely not act like a 3 year old feminazi.

If you want the gentlemen back, being a passive-aggressive cock carousel riding shemales isn't the way to go.

And with marriage being a 50/50 shot betting half your shit on some chick not having a mantal breakdown, I'm surprised any men have the balls to marry.
    The certainly don't have any after the divorce.

• What about men being dicks sleeping around and pulling away from there wives emotionally and leaving her with all the baggage of kids and house no wonder she has a mental brake down

• Just shoot those worthless fuckers and dump them in a ditch.
      But that's kind of illegal, so marry better men instead of hot badboy manwhores.

What Girls Said 10

• People like to think there's only one type of person, so there's only one type of feasible dynamic. But really there are lots of different people so there are lots of different dynamics that work for them

I think some people are really into the dynamic and it works for them, but we shouldn't try to force it on everyone. Not every man is made to be dominant and not every woman is made to be submissive and that's okay. Heck, some people aren't even dominant OR submissive. Trying to force people into a role they can't or don't understand is pointless.

Live your life in the best way possible for you and your partner. Who doesn't want that?

• Some, but not all.

Personally, neither my partner nor I are particularly dominant or submissive. We have a very egalitarian relationship. We're both pretty laid back. We make decisions together. We share equally in terms of finances and chores. I don't think he'd want me to be submissive, and I don't want him to be dominant. We've been together for 9 years and are very happy together.

• My mother nearly destroyed her marriage by trying to be the 'good Christian wife'. My dad married the stubborn, independent MIT graduate who ran off to Alaska on her own and once they got married, she thought she should be the 'ideal' wife - oddly, similar to what they're trying to push now. My dad, however, didn't want someone who asked for his permission and didn't speak up and always needed him to overseeing things - he'd married a partner who could take care of herself and THAT'S what he wanted.

So, there are totally guys who do, but anyone who actually falls in love with you isn't looking for that. He'll know you're not that sort of woman and prefer it.

• That's what SOME men want... and those men are stuck in the past. That's NOT the type of man you want to build a life with, because you will never, ever be his equal. It's not worth giving up on your dignity just to "land a man". There are plenty of great guys out there who genuinely want a PARTNER to share their life with as equals.

• Not all men.

• Not all men want the same thing, any dude who wants this sure as hell doesn't want me.

And I sure as hell don't want him.

• I actually think a lot of men do. Most people don't understand what "submissive" means anyway. To be honest I would love to have a man I could submit to.

• I wouldn't be surprised. lol. Idiots who live in cave man era.

• i guess some guys do want that

• That's what some men want, while others would hate it. Everyone is different. I will never be a submissive wife, that's no way of living to me.