Is it wrong if you take off your engagement ring when you go clubbing?

My friends and I are going to a club this weekend. Just a girls night out with a little drinking and dancing. I don't plan to talk to guys and I won't flirt with them but maybe they'll talk to me. Anyway my engagement ring is very nice and kinda big and I'm afraid of it getting lost or stolen. Would it be bad to take it off?

So guess what? I lost the ring! And my fiancé flipped out at me! He's still super mad even though it's been awhile and he refuses to get me another one. Not that I blame him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wear a different ring to replace it for the night. :D

• Lost where though? Like roughly... Does that mean you took it off for the night?

• I wore it and lost it. Never took it off.

• How was the sizing of the band? Was it snug or loose? He can't blame you too much (if he is) because it's not like you took it off so you had no intention of losing it by misplacing it. I don't know any girl in particular who takes it off to go dancing. Maybe he's wondering if you lost it because you took it off while you were there..? As in making up stuff and maybe he's more angry than he should be? I dunno..

What Guys Said 7

• While you have a legit reason to be concerned, I would definitely discuss it with your fiance first, and make sure he understands your reasons and is comfortable with it. You accepted his ring, so you owe it to him to wear it unless you break the engagement off or if he is okay with you doing so.

• yeah it would be...if my girlfriend or soon to be wife did that I would assume she was going to try and hook up with someone, even if she said what you just said. that ring means your taken and spoken for. taking it off is just as good as saying "F*** you I'm gonna pole volt some dude tonight"

• YES!

Either you're ENGAGED to me or your not.

If you want to play that game call it off.

• Play what game?

• You're honestly worried about it getting lost or stolen? That's what insurance is for!

File your claim.

• It DID get lost! It fell off my finger when I was dancing. And it wasn't insured.

• I think you should probably ask your fiance what he thinks.

• These days a lot of happily married women don't wear wedding rings around. I suggest telling your fiancĂ©e that you are doing this, so he doesn't get the wrong impression.

• It is.

Also it's very unlikely to accidentally lose a ring which you're wearing so that's not really a good reason why to leave it at home.

• What kind of dancing do you do at a club that is not up on a guy?

• Uh, the kind where you dance by yourself or with your girls? Geeze we're not all sluts. I've never danced "on" a guy. I've danced with guys but I always left room for Jesus. Haha.

• How did you lose it when you were wearing it the whole time? That's really weird.

• It fell off my finger when I was dancing. I'm really skinny and have very thin fingers and even the smallest band was too big for my hand. We were gonna get it resized for me but never got around to it and now my ring is gone forever :(

What Girls Said 7

• well I would see what he has to say about it. It should really be a problem if its on your finger...but things do happen.

• I think you should ask him how he feels but quite honestly there's certain times when it's not appropriate to wear flashy things. I've heard some really horrible stories about people getting their wedding rings stolen at parties, sometimes at gun point. If he still has a problem with it then he's obviously pretty selfish & doesn't care about you getting robbed just so you can "be faithful to him". I mean think about it, how did he know you were being faithful before the ring?

• As long as that is your real reason for wanting to take it off then no it is not bad.

• YEAH, ask your fiance and if you're afraid it will be lost, then don't drink.

• I suggest you ask your fiance how he feels about it.

• Maybe you could buy a cheapo band and wear it like a wedding ring. I understand where you're coming from, but I can see where this would freak out your fiance. Hopefully, you two are close enough that he trusts you, though. Seriously, the ring doesn't stop that many people who are going to cheat or cheat with someone, so it all comes down to trust, anyway. But the cheap band would prevent unwanted solicitation.

• If I had a finacee who would take off his engagement ring to go clubbing, I would be concerned because that would make me feel like he is trying to catch something on the side.