Is it weird to wear a wife beater in public?

I'm decently muscular already but I'm only wearing it because it's really frickin hot outside. I know most people wear it to show off but that's not what I want to come across as. Would people give me weird looks or anything?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really, lol. A lot of guys I know either layer their tshirts, or wear a wife beater under it. It's too common where I live for me to think anything of it. Which is funny, because most people wouldn't generally think of Oregon as such a bright sunshine-y state, but it is this time of year. =P Once it gets really hot, many guys take off the tshirt and keep on the wife beater, or skip the tshirt altogether. Guys of all 'stereotypes' wear them, so it doesn't really 'say' anything about any one individual guy either way, it's just a really casual look that many guys favor during the hot months here.

Shit, I have some wife beater tanks of my own, haha, I don't think it's a big deal.

What Girls Said 6

• I hate guys that wear wife beaters in public...you look cocky and conceited, even if that's not your intention. Just buy those sleeveless shirts or guys tank tops like this: link . They look way better

• they are trashy

• Not really

• Only if you are Chris Brown it is.

• i don't know if people would give you weird looks but personally I don't like when guys wear them...they just look stupid even if the guy is hot

• Yes you look cocky

What Guys Said 4

• You'd be the most stylish man..in..well, in someplace, I'm sure.

• If you're muscular, you'll definitely get the looks.

• My mom calls them "look at me" shirts because I can't say "wife beater" at home. Yes I am cut, yes I know it, and yes I wear them so people will look at me. I carry around a roll of paper towels to hand out to excited women.

• It's inappropriate. First, you would have to make them get tickets... to the GUN SHOW!