Is it considered weird to go to a wedding alone?

Have any guys actually attended a wedding by themselves? I really don't have a dating life right now and one of my buddies is getting hitched. Curious what it is like to go to a wedding as a guy alone. I know women do it all the time.

Most Helpful Girl

• It shows he's single but it also shows he's an honest person (to me at least) - he is devoted to his relationship and doesn't put on a pretence for the sake of filling in space - It would also make all the single girls at the wedding notice him (if say they were a pretend date for somebody who didn't want to go alone) - I think it's a good idea.

What Girls Said 10

• I don't think it's weird at all, why would it? I have two weddings coming up I'm attending this year and for neither one do I have a date.

• many people go alone in hopes of meeting the one at a wedding..I've even seen some non single guys do it,the cheater type.

• Why would it be strange? It's really not. You got an invitation and the wedding couple probably wanted you to be present at a important part of their life. I don't see why having or not having a date would stop one from attending. Just go and enjoy yourself.

• that's not weird at all

• Seems normal. If you have a female friend you could bring her along. But it should be fine especially if you know people there other than the groom. They'll likely place you at a table with other singles.

• Dude, go for it. If you have no one to report to. OMG that is the best time to go and meet others that will be there alone as well. Take a look at one of your buddies, who is at the other side of the party arguing with his girl, for whatever the reason may be. Have fun!

• No it is not weird. You are going with someone you enjoy being with...yourself. How can that be weird?

• No I don't think so, I kmow people who go to weddings alone, they find it to be fun.

• I find it weird because most other people there have a partner with them and your just the lost duck pretty much.

• Not really no

What Guys Said 3

• so what if it is?

• Only if you don't bone one of the bridesmaids.

• I don't think it's weird at all. As a woman, you might get pressure as to when you're getting married yourself. But as a man, probably not.