The education system is unnatural for human being!

The education system is unnatural for human being.

Recently, I digged through wikipedia, and noticed that, if you look at all the biggest musicians and sportstars, and I mean the really, REALLY iconic ones, like John Lenon/Michael Jackson/Madonna/Eminem/Lady Gaga/Roger Federer/Michael Jordan/David Beckham, i noticed that, almost without fail, they had their career breakthrough and defining moment somewhere between the age of 22 to 27, because that is the age that the human species was originally designed to reach its peak, because human beings a couple hundred years ago didn't usual live past the age of 30! Without medicine and technology human being wouldn't live past 35!

Which brings me back to my point, that the education system is flawed, because when you finish university at age 22, while you are supposed to be at your prime, fully capable of taking on and taking over the world, instead you are boxed into your cubicle and serving at the lowest ladder of your company doing shitty tasks while trying to reach higher up. And by the time you get there, say, when you are 28, you are already past your prime.

The education system made you wasted your best years on building the foundation of your career, when you could have used that time to burst onto the scene, taken over the world, and died away.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah...
    People learn their entire lives.

It's best to start learning what you want to build into a career from the age or 3 or 4 - through games and in a fun way...
    But not a lot of children do this - why? Because not a lot of children KNOW what they want to be when they grow up.

The flaw in your rant is that not all people know what they want to be when they grow up - or when they'll be ready to do what they want to do.

• like i said in the other reply, maybe people should start working earlier, like 16, then go back to education after 2 years of full time work, makes much more sense to me.

• Umm @JackTyler... Can you understand any of this?

• learning from valid educators about a topic i adore doesn't seem like a waste of my prime to me tbh. just... a little expensive for something i can watch on the computer now (ty ivy leagues for putting your classes online for free)

• I'm just going to sit and simulate I didn't read what I just read.

• If you don't want to be confined to a cubicle, you don't have to be. Some professions do not require you to go to university, it's true.

However, I wouldn't trust a "doctor" who had never been to medical school. I'd prefer a lawyer that had passed the bar. I'd feel safer if the engineers designing my life had been to school and passed their technical exams.

• I think you accidentally provided a very strong case for my theory, i. e., doctors, lawyers, engineers, these are not "natural" occupations, there are no doctors and lawyers in the wild jungles of Africa or South America (maybe there are engineers, birds building nest come to mind), these occupations are clinical, and almost inhuman, if you know what I mean. They do not require the natural, brutal, physical and savagery strength and force that we men are born with. On the other hand, being an athlete and a singer on stage, requires that natural strength that comes when you are aged between 16-27

• @9mfeo you really don't get it, do you?

• There are three options:
      A) you are being facetious and failing miserably
      b) you are bitter about not getting into university
      c) you have an extremely low IQ and value fame over substance, making you like, admittedly, most of the US

What Guys Said 10

• That doesn't make much sense. Some careers, like show biz or athletics, depend on physical ability or looks, so of course they peak in the 20's. And most Mathematicians peak at an average of 26. But in general ability in a career is a combination of brainpower, creativity... and experience. Thus studies have found that in most professions the peak of productivity is...56.

At that point the diminishing mental agility starts to matter more than the additional experience.

• You talk of education and yet your Take is full of ignorance. Even cavepeople could live into their 70s or beyond with the medicine and technology they had - the average age of 35 you cite is just that - an average, of EVERYONE. Infant mortality was very high in the past, and when you include all those people who die before their second birthday, it skews the figures to make it look like people just died in early adulthood.

You finish a bachelor's degree at 22 - you can keep going and do a master's and doctorate and then you'll be far better placed to have a better starting point in your career (as a doctor or architect or whatever) in your late 20s.

The best thing is that you're citing athletes and musicians as examples of success. They are very very much the exception rather than the rule in society, especially musicians who have to get noticed and have that lucky break to become huge and successful. How many talented artists languish in the background never to be discovered or only with limited success? Why are they something to be aspired to, as opposed to a great scientist or teacher? Someone who makes a difference and a better world every day like a police officer or firefighter or social worker? Why do you think everyone goes straight into a shitty office job?

• The Prussian model is not designed for innovation; but complacency. It's structured to produce obedient soldiers who follow rigid tasks, not freethinkers that discover things through unconventional means. Modern education in the western world follows the Prussian model because Huxley and other early humanists advocated it aggressively, and were met with little resistance. They talked a big talk, and few dared challenge their assumptions. Once the model became politically insulated, it seemed there was no turning back.

• Thanks for this piece of knowledge.

• The film IndoctriNation goes into even more detail about it. It's worth a watch. The family behind it, by film's end, says the bus they were using became a perfect metaphor for the Prussian model's failure in America. By film's end, the were able to make more money tearing their bus apart and selling the scrap than what it would have been worth on the market as a vehicle.

• The education system is designed for you to have a life. It is NOT mandatory, but recommended. What is you complaining about?

• There is so much stupid in this Take that I'm glad I have an education to realize just the amount of stupid in this take.

• err... no.

stupidity is what stupid people like you are born with, when you are not intellectually capable of understanding a completely new topic, so you use the word stupid to mask your retardedness in not being capable to give an intelligent counterpoint to this new point of view.

go ahead, try and give an actual, valid argument.

you can't.

you are too stupid.

• 28? HA. HA.

stupid people like you actually believe what they see on the internet, don't they?

I am 23, started my food business when I was 19 and made enough money to buy 3 apartments in NYC, i. e. something people like you will never achieve.

But yeah, keeping working on that degree and that stupid job, bro.

• *sigh* I don't care about you or your life as much as you seem to be caring about mines. You are a few miles off the topic, so have a great life and enjoy your tantrums on the Internet complaining about other people, which doesn't make you any less of a little man whether you are 23 or 28. /thread

• Totally agree and even many teachers and professors agree. When I was taking my English 1A my professor was showing us a bunch of studies and videos on how current education system sucks so bad. He was basically admitting his job was corrupted, so that's how bad things have gotten.

• So are you trying to take us back by decades? I agree that the education system is flawed in many ways, but unnatural? So are a lot of other things that we do. You should just avoid using the internet and start ranting about it on the streets naked. You do realize that pretty much all professions are "unnatural" right? That includes music. Your vocal cords are not meant for entertainment.

• i have zero idea what you're talking about. but i like the fact that you hypothesized anyone have a genius in their brain. actually it's true. unfortunately there are rarely employers would hire a teenage to do an adult job. on the contrary, the old people has all the resources, and the world's listening to them. if someone wants to take over the scene and replaces the old people, you have to beat them off. what are the odds?

• i have zero idea what you're talking about.

• can you understand this if someone got a job, it means the other one would have lost this job. and from the aspect of competitiveness, the younger one has to beat the old one despite of the fact that the old one has more experience. on the whole. the younger actually is killing the old one , to replace their social positions. and there are only this much of requirement all over the whole planet. so education is served as a function as a buffer.

• Well, Frank Zappa was one of the most brilliant composers of all time in my opinion, he had a 174 IQ, and barely got through high school. I think he would be am exception, though.

• So what's your proposed alternative?

• don't really have one, but just saying the structure of education regarding age is really not the best.

but just off the top of my head, maybe everyone has to work for 2 years from age 16, then go back to school at 18, which will give a much better perspective of which direction you really want to go rather than having to guess you might like being a lawyer at 16 so you go down that road only to find out after you graduate and done 2 years of lawyer that you actually hate it.

• I guess what I am really saying age 16-27 is the make or break age for everyone, you either make it and rise to the top during those years or you don't.

• I think the vast, VAST majority of people do not reach their professional peak anywhere near the age of 27. But yeah, those are important years. And for MOST people, spending a good portion of those years going to the best possible school and then slaving over a desk for 100 hours a week or so will maximize their career trajectory.