Evolution vs. God (Creationism)

Evolution vs. God (Creationism)

Hola my peeps! I guess if you're here that means you are either ready to argue whatever I'm going to say, argue in the comments, are confused in what you believe, or you're just here to laugh at the people doing these things! Either way, I'm not really biased on these topics so whatevs. I guess this is really going to show points of each side and probably cause some doubt... if there wasn't any to begin with.

Evolution

Evolution is change in heritable traits of biological populations over successive generations. Charles Darwin is the best known person who introduced the Theory of Evolution. Though many philosophists back in the day were already talking about it.

Usually the people who believe in Evolution say that everything comes from a common ancestor. Usually we are said to be descendants from the Ape because we have very common bone structures and features. Though actually that might be the closest relative if we go alllll the way back people argue that we stem from fish. Fish to amphibeans, amphibeans to reptile, reptiles to mammals, then hominid to human.

Many evolutionists look at fossils as an argument. They say if God is real than why is it that fossils are layered in the rock as Evolution predicts they are? Do you think he made it so everything could be predicted by people who says he doesn't exist. Apparently he didn't really care that it would cause debate.

They also talk about genetic patterns. They say that if he wanted he could have had every orgainism on this earth have different genetic patterns and material. Instead, we have a genetic code that has very insignificant differences between organisms. Which would make sense if there is a common ancestor.

By the way! Someone being an evolutionist does not mean they are an atheist. 40% of scientists think God guided the evolutionary process.

God (Creationism)

Creationism is the belief that the Universe and Life originate "from specific acts of divine creation."

There are actually multiple types of creationism but I'm not going to get into that.

Creationalists argue that there is no evidence of evolution because there is no transitional forms of fossils. Evolutionists argue back with this that yes, fossils DO show a change over time.

They also say that history is too short and that if the world is as old as evolutions says it is more stone-age skeletons should be found, more cave paintings should have been found, there should be more sea-floor sediment, and there should be A LOT more sodium chloride in the sea.

Another one of their argument is why? What is the purpose of evolution, why would it exist. With God there is a reason, with evolution, there is not. (I don't really get why we ask why anyways. Do we need to know everything to live our lives?!)

My Opinion

I don't really belong to a side to be honest. I don't need to know the answers to any of this to be content in life. I'm not about to question why or how I got here my whole life. I find things in both arguments that are questionable. I mean about the genetic code thing, wouldn't you want to do less work and just tweak the genetic codes of things instead of creating a new one for each organism if YOU were creating life? I'd make it as easy as I could. Also fossils not changing? I mean really guys, you can see fossils change over time. There's at least adaptation which goes hand in hand with evolution.

But yeah, feel free to comment whatever is on your mind now!

419

Most Helpful Guy

• Evolution ftw
    I've actually been hearing more and more of creationists using what science has proven to justify god. I've heard them say god created the Big Bang which resulted in the creation of our universe and life as we know it. Some don't deny evolution, they just say god caused evolution.

Personally I'm an atheist and I believe that evolution is a natural occurrence. When it comes to what caused the Big Bang, I don't know. There is a theory that it was the collision of 2 other universes. The problem with this is you keep asking yourself "Well what caused that" every time you explain one thing. I believe the creation of life is a very complicated process and shouldn't be simplified to "god did it" because that raises more questions than it answers.

Where is god? What is god's anatomy? How much does god weight and how tall is god? How did god create the universe? What created god? Which god created the universe? Why did god create the universe?
    These are just a few basic questions of the top of my head.

Most Helpful Girl

• Science has a foundation which uses tested practices to determine the most accurately plausible answer which in many cases can be backed up with mountains of evidence.

Faith is simply that... faith. It is relying on something based on nothing. It is accepting an answer to something without any proof of it's claim.

When it comes to evolution. There is a fossil record, DNA comparisons, endless studies and tests, and in the end doesn't even state 100% that they are right. It is just given with a high certainty that it is the most likely situation considering all the items.

Faith on the other hand claims absolute certainty that it is 100% correct, and has absolutely zero proof of any of it's claims. It uses simple circular reasoning to rationalize itself to a mindset which is willing to grasp at anything to justify it's blind ignorance.

• People want to hold on to something & have a purpose. That's why there's hope & faith in God I believe! Thanks for the opinion!

• Totally. I get that people are afraid of the unknown. There are two types of people, those who make up an answer to feel better, and those who do everything that can to learn more about it so they are not as scared of it.

• Very true, though I like the mystery in it & don't care if it's solved!

Sponsored

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 18

• I never understood why both can't exist... God can exist alongside evolution and they certainly don't counter each other. There could be a divine guidance in evolution. As far as the creation to God. In Psalms 90:4 it says a day to God is like a thousand years to us because God is eternal and so time would definitely be measured differently. Also in the story of the creation in Genesis the order of what is created is exactly the order of how the life was created according to scientists. And lastly it never mentions how long Adam and Eve were in the Garden but the bible says they did not age until they partook the forbidden fruit so they could have been there millions of years... Basically I think there are religious fanatics that say evolution doesn't exist but there are also insecure atheists who say evolution disproves God. To me they are both wrong.

• That's a cool view, thanks for your opinion!

• Haha thanks and you are welcome. Glad this didn't or hasn't become a bashing session.

• Good take, you explained both sides. I really don't care either, I think that important thing is that we're here and important past is the one we can completely understand and take lessons from. So, how we came to life is pointless to me, the important thing is that we're here, alive and well.

• I'm one of those people that believe that everything was created by god as I am a pentecostal, but I also won't dispute some scientific stuff, like I also believe in the concept of micro evolution which is were animals change slightly to adapt to their environment in order to survive, but I do not believe in macro which is what all the atheists and scientists believe in.

• Dear World,
    Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one and it's fine to be proud of it, but please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around... and PLEASE don't try to shove it down my or my child's throat.
    Do not start writing laws with it.
    Do not think with it.

• "A imaginary blade can kill you if you believe in it"

"The real thing will kill you whether you believe in it or not"

Believe what you want. The real thing doesn't need your belief to be. It just is. Evolution is here to stay whether you believe in it or not.

• If you don't believe in evolution, you are retarded.

Infact, its not something you 'believe in' its just what it is..

you don't 'believe' the sky is blue.. it just is... exact same thing..

• I am Catholic, and I believe in intelligent design (i. e. both). The Bible is not meant to be taken literally in all cases (the universe was created in six calendar days, etc.). It's symbolic, to explain complex things to people who didn't have the scientific knowledge that we have today. The "big bang" was theorized by a Catholic priest who happened to also be a physics professor at a Catholic university.

Obviously, the historical books of the Bible are literal (so and so begat so and so) but the big concept stuff was symbolism (the creation).

When you see radical fundamentalist creationists who are anti-science, they are almost always Protestants.

• Evolution is a biological fact, and creationism just an idea on whether the process was guided or not. But let's not forget, the existence of a Creator doesn't validate the teachings of any religions, meaning just because there could be a deity, that doesn't mean Christianity or Islam are correct. They are still just mythologies that still exist and people still are persuaded to choose to believe in.

• nice one my little agent

• I'll admit, didn't read the mytake. But I get the point. Personally, I believe in evolution. And also that other animals came before humans. It just seems logical to me. But there are people who will dismiss Creationists as idiots, or fools. I personally think there is more proof of evolution, but believe what you want! And don't debate over it!

• The thing is... evolution and God are not ot mutually exclusive,. They can both be true and not overlap each other

Religion and the stories told are the problem, not the notion of a god

• I believe in Jesus and i believe evolution comes from God in my opinion.

• I really liked that explanation of the evolution it's simple great job 👍

• 100% evolution, I cannot believe in something I have no single piece of proof of.

• evolution is out. think: how can an empty void evolve anything?

• Your views are skewed, please go back to school.

• The arguments aren't my views, unless you're taking about my opinion. Please state yours.

• I like the mystery to be honest haha

Thanks for your opinion!

• Something didn't come from nothing... energy is what allows us all to be here including everything in the universe. It's all just energy stored in different forms

You may say something can from nothing, which makes no sense... everything has a beginning and end right... well those rules apply to everything within the universe. But outside of it, things may happen without a cause

• I read the human DNA is too complex to have evolved in the time span of the existence of earth so the only rational conclusion is that it's out of this world. I personally believe in creationism.

• If you're a creationist, you're simply an idiot.

The End

What Girls Said 3

• I believe in both so I'm good

• "40% of scientists think God guided the evolutionary process."

Hmmm... really? Where did you read that?

• On a thinger mabob that I don't remember lol

• @BlueMax thanks for that 👍

• Oh yeah, my bad, I was talking about American scientists & forgot to mention that! Thank you @Bluemax

• Interesting take and a little daring to be sure. One thing in evolution that nobody ever seems to look at is the fact that it's mathematically impossible. In order for science to be fact it has to stand up mathematically as well.

• Yup, it's impossible for something to come out of nothing they say!